HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
May 8, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #3,631 of 11,862
That is understandably everyone's first impression (mine too), but I think you'll find over time that Arya excels in modern music just as much as it does in classical & jazz. Personally, the only thing I really don't love on Arya is modern pop music where the mastering is, errr, "less than great". IMHO, Arya is a little too revealing for overly loud & bright music - which most modern pop is. But if the music is mastered well, as Green Day no doubt is, I think you'll find it sounds great on Arya.
Downtempo electronica sounds great on Arya too

May 8, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #3,632 of 11,862
Absolutely. Arya is my go-to for electronica of all sorts. Anything with a sub-bass foundation.

May 8, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #3,633 of 11,862
It sounds good on the Arya, but more like a spacious speaker experience: vast and a bit soft. For EDM I prefer something more dynamic with more impact (Audeze for example).

May 9, 2021 at 5:54 AM Post #3,634 of 11,862
I heard these today and compared them to the focal clear.
Both exceptional but both so different....the Focal Clear seems like an amazing all rounder, very dynamic....but these Arya's when powered properly were a step above.

The Clears could be powered by my MOJO while the Arya needed more power and would need to be tethered at the desktop setup to sound its best

The Arya have a dimension to the soundstage that I have never heard before (width? or depth? I dunno how to explain it)......at first it sounded un-natural but the airiness to these headphones is also something else.

My only reservation is are they Ayra's more suited to classical and complicated music peices rather than just listening to a Green Day album lol
Personally, I only listen to headphones with the ability of clear display in the big stage, which is needed not only in modern music, but also in all "genres", I like when the sound has space to "travel", instead of "compressed", but we do not all have the same preferences. My advice is to you, record favorite music, or access your library from the appropriate device in the store, and personally evaluate how they are compared
It would be ideal to take your devices to the store

Last edited:
May 9, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #3,635 of 11,862
Personally, I only listen to headphones with the ability of clear display in the big stage, which is needed not only in modern music, but also in all "genres", I like when the sound has space to "travel", instead of "compressed", but we do not all have the same preferences. My advice is to you, record favorite music, or access your library from the appropriate device in the store, and personally evaluate how they are compared
It would be ideal to take your devices to the store
I get what you are saying. It is very addictive. However, for me, sometimes big soundstage is not natural and it sounds detached from the instruments or voices. It all depends on type of music.

May 9, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #3,636 of 11,862
I get what you are saying. It is very addictive. However, for me, sometimes big soundstage is not natural and it sounds detached from the instruments or voices. It all depends on type of music.
Then it's good for you to have an LCD next to you, in fact, lately Rosson> Rad-0 is attracting my attention, maybe later as an additional pair

May 9, 2021 at 9:36 AM Post #3,638 of 11,862
Then it's good for you to have an LCD next to you, in fact, lately Rosson> Rad-0 is attracting my attention, maybe later as an additional pair
I heard only good things about Rosson cans. Only problem is that here in the USA one can get new LCD-4/4z for the same price.

May 9, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #3,641 of 11,862
So I pulled the trigger and bought them too. Hope they arrive soon. Meanwhile I am looking for a balanced Cable and saw some people in the thread (which I have know read a to z ) bought the gu craftsman. How s the experience with that? Also, does it make a difference if one goes XLR or 4.4 ? My Sony amp supports either.. just hope it pairs well now (ta zh1es)

May 9, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #3,643 of 11,862
Agreed! I really think some just throw in the he towel too early. HFM recommended 150 hours to reach full splendor on the v1.

May 10, 2021 at 7:16 AM Post #3,644 of 11,862
I got the Arya a few weeks back after liking the Ananda but felt that the comfort was a bit off without swivel. Also since I have the Clears, I didn't feel like the Ananda was up to the same level.

Fairly quickly after I got it, it became my favourite headphone I've heard. I think it does every genre really well. I know the Focal Clear is more dynamic but I can't really hear the difference that often. With a touch of bass shelf, the Arya is amazing .For me the Arya was worth it over the Ananda that I sold. Now I'm struggling to decide should I still keep the Clears. They are much more intimate sound so they're not too similar.

Last edited:
May 10, 2021 at 7:26 AM Post #3,645 of 11,862
I know the Focal Clear is more dynamic but I can't really hear the difference that often
Now I'm struggling to decide should I still keep the Clears. They are much more intimate sound so they're not too similar.
When I had them both, I also could not decide which one is better. But it was difficult for me to justify keeping them both. Good luck making the decision, it isn't an easy one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back