HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Feb 23, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #3,196 of 11,862
I agree with everyone on the XBass implementation although they should give the adjustability of the pro x can on their top tier transportables.
Do you find the 3D setting causes a big change in tone and a unnatural space in the headstage on many songs although it is great on some songs?
I find 3D is very song dependent unlike the XBass which seems to improve the majority of music I listen to.
+1

Feb 23, 2021 at 10:56 PM Post #3,197 of 11,862
Oof, I turned on my Aryas today and the left driver just isn't working anymore. Hope Hifimans RMA in 2021 is solid with everything going on *crosses fingers* Back to my LCD-2C's full time meanwhile.

Feb 23, 2021 at 11:04 PM Post #3,199 of 11,862
Just died randomly?

No idea. Turned on my amp, went away for 5 minutes or so to eat & to let my tube heat up, sat down, hit play on Tidal and the left side just isn't working. Tried the original wires, tried my backup amp, nothing on the left. LCD-2C's work just fine with the same gear. I keep mine on a headphone stand at all times when not in use.

Feb 23, 2021 at 11:10 PM Post #3,200 of 11,862
I had the same thing happen with my Arya. HFM got me squared away quickly and no issues so far ( almost a year).

Feb 24, 2021 at 4:03 AM Post #3,201 of 11,862
Oof, I turned on my Aryas today and the left driver just isn't working anymore. Hope Hifimans RMA in 2021 is solid with everything going on *crosses fingers* Back to my LCD-2C's full time meanwhile.
Hi there, sorry to hear that. Can you please email us at customerservice@hifiman.com so that we can look into what’s happened and to see how we can help?

Thank you!

April

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Feb 25, 2021 at 3:16 AM Post #3,202 of 11,862
Arya arrived yesterday! :) After little odyssey with import office...

Attachments

• 20210224_172834.jpg
    20210224_172834.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210224_103439.jpg
    20210224_103439.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Feb 25, 2021 at 9:40 AM Post #3,203 of 11,862
Feb 25, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #3,204 of 11,862
One question about comfort, will be pressure put on the head lower over time? I've smaller head (Arya is set only on tick from its lower headband position) and pressure put on may jab is really annoying me after 20 mins. of listening. Ananda BT have much less head clamping force, maybe half of Aryas. :frowning2: Thank you.

Feb 25, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #3,205 of 11,862
One question about comfort, will be pressure put on the head lower over time? I've smaller head (Arya is set only on tick from its lower headband position) and pressure put on may jab is really annoying me after 20 mins. of listening. Ananda BT have much less head clamping force, maybe half of Aryas. :frowning2: Thank you.
I noticed the same thing when I first tried my Arya's out. I must have an even smaller head because mine is as short as it can be adjusted. One thing I noticed was that I had to make sure I positioned them properly on my head. I have tilted them slightly forward (pushing the bottom part back, and the top forward) and this has gotten it off of my jaw. One thing I have to say is headphone companies must believe everyone's head is massive (and also that zero women will buy their stuff). I definitely do not have an abnormally small head and every high end headphone I try is just way too big. I was going to buy 800s but I couldn't even keep them in place on my head. When I wear a fitted baseball cap, I buy a 7 3/8, so while I know my head is on the smaller side, I definitely would not be found in Ripley's Believe It or Not for the "world's smallest head." I'm new to the headphone world, only auditioned 650s, 800s, Elex's, and some Grados, but the only thing that fits perfect are the 650s.

Long story short, yes, I feel like they do become more comfortable- or you just get used to it- over time. Unlike the 800s, I am keeping the Arya's.

Feb 25, 2021 at 1:14 PM Post #3,206 of 11,862
In my experience, the cushioning of the Serenity Pads for my Arya v2's were considerably stiffer than the Ultrapads for my Arya v1's; I received the v2 after RMA'ing my v1's for a fee (my fault). I obtained another pair of Ultrapads from Hifiman and thankfully the comfort was the same as the one's from my old v1's. The Serenity pads were unbearable to wear and caused jaw pain for me. The Ultrapads, on the other hand, are supremely comfortable and I could wear them all day, YMMV. All I had to do was to cut out the dust cloth from the Ultrapads (the v2 already has a dust cloth covering the drivers).

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #3,207 of 11,862
In my experience, the cushioning of the Serenity Pads for my Arya v2's were considerably stiffer than the Ultrapads for my Arya v1's; I received the v2 after RMA'ing my v1's for a fee (my fault). I obtained another pair of Ultrapads from Hifiman and thankfully the comfort was the same as the one's from my old v1's. The Serenity pads were unbearable to wear and caused jaw pain for me. The Ultrapads, on the other hand, are supremely comfortable and I could wear them all day, YMMV. All I had to do was to cut out the dust cloth from the Ultrapads (the v2 already has a dust cloth covering the drivers).
Are they also superior in sound quality? Or is it just a wash?

Feb 25, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #3,208 of 11,862
Feb 26, 2021 at 12:14 PM Post #3,210 of 11,862
I noticed the same thing when I first tried my Arya's out. I must have an even smaller head because mine is as short as it can be adjusted. One thing I noticed was that I had to make sure I positioned them properly on my head. I have tilted them slightly forward (pushing the bottom part back, and the top forward) and this has gotten it off of my jaw. One thing I have to say is headphone companies must believe everyone's head is massive (and also that zero women will buy their stuff). I definitely do not have an abnormally small head and every high end headphone I try is just way too big. I was going to buy 800s but I couldn't even keep them in place on my head. When I wear a fitted baseball cap, I buy a 7 3/8, so while I know my head is on the smaller side, I definitely would not be found in Ripley's Believe It or Not for the "world's smallest head." I'm new to the headphone world, only auditioned 650s, 800s, Elex's, and some Grados, but the only thing that fits perfect are the 650s.

Long story short, yes, I feel like they do become more comfortable- or you just get used to it- over time. Unlike the 800s, I am keeping the Arya's.
Thank you, I've moved one click up and positioned HP little bit lower on my head and pushed pack as advised. It is better but not good. :frowning2: After 1.5h of listening clamping force became unbearable for me. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back