HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
May 18, 2020 at 6:51 PM Post #1,756 of 11,866
So its my birthday today and a family member made me a cake of perhaps my all time favourite headphones, the Arya of course!
@TeamHiFiMAN thought you might appreciate this :)
20200518_192159.jpg

May 18, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #1,757 of 11,866
Hey there, just received my Aryas, they are incredibly lovely! However, I noticed that there are scraggly lines that run vertically through the diaphragms, and that they are different on each side.
They're supposed to be there, which is interesting since my HEXv2 and the loaner Ananda unit both feature relatively smooth traces. But yeah, I've seen those "rivulets" on my Arya drivers (can't confirm at the very moment since I'm wearing them right now enjoying some DnB, lol), and I've seen them in every Arya driver pic that I've seen so far. Also, they are easily viewable from the rear earcup mesh on my rev. 1 edition. The rev. 2 changed the rear mesh material to something that's less porous/transparent IIRC.

Last edited:
May 19, 2020 at 4:33 AM Post #1,758 of 11,866
So its my birthday today and a family member made me a cake of perhaps my all time favourite headphones, the Arya of course!
@TeamHiFiMAN thought you might appreciate this :)
20200518_192159.jpg
:beyersmile::beyersmile::beyersmile:That's so cute!! Happy birthday to you!!

Hifiman team

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
May 19, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #1,759 of 11,866
I don`t want them to sound lound and dull for such price. What do you mean by control a planar ? I do have planar pm-3, but these are very easily driven and sounds ok`ish directly from phone, they shine way more connected to my portable ha-2se dac/amp which is 220mW into 32 Ohms, but connecting them to more expensive desktop rig, didn't had much sound improvement anymore.
If I can get arya close to it's potential with such Schitt heresey than that's a steal for me, unfortunately it's unavailable in europe, but I'll need to look at other possible options. You got me feeling lost with that planar control...and ofcourse there is nowhere to audition where I live....

I'm sure you know with this hobby it's hard to put fancy adjectives when everyone else's hearing is unique. Best way I can describe it was there wasn't much in the upper end extension and much slam on the bass end with my Audio-GD FUN using the Arya. It had no problems cranking up the volume on the Arya but it was missing the dynamics. The FUN on the other hand had no problems making my other headphones like an HD600 & Fostex TH900 sound great and loud.

Before I bought the Heresey I tried it on my friend's older Modi / Magni on the Arya and that was the catalyst for me to buy the Heresey.

May 26, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #1,765 of 11,866
Since the emergence of Covid-19, I work from home and wear Arya for more hours than anyone probably should or would in normal times. During these multi-hour listening sessions, I've experienced no issues with comfort at all. :D

Last edited:
May 26, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #1,766 of 11,866
How comfortable is the Arya in your opinion?

can you wear it for hours and hours without thinking about it or after a few hours they start to cause pain?
Excellent comfort, can wear them all night

May 26, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #1,767 of 11,866
PS: Anyone think that what's going on with the global economy will cause new headphones to be significantly reduced in price? I'm very reticent to buy used or even open box...but I'd like to pay only about $1200 for the Arya's. I have mostly worked from home for many years, but now my significant other is as well for the foreseeable future (due to the pandemic) so I'm using my speakers less and headphones more and thus more acutely aware of their limitations. So I'm eager to buy, but not if in a month or two significant price drops may be coming.

I just ordered the Arya for $1300 Open Box from Hifiman directly. Can't wait for them to get here.

May 26, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #1,768 of 11,866
How comfortable is the Arya in your opinion?
Like what @Ripper2860 said, I also wear my Arya's for hours on end--more than ever now since I'm working from home too. They and my HEXv2 are my most comfortable cans with the HD800S and my HD6XX (post vice-like clamp) coming in second and third respectively. The issues I've seen with the HEXv2 and Arya headbands are that they can be too big for smaller heads (supposedly made better by Dekoni nuggets) and that the large earpads may rest on the jaw, the latter of which may produce discomfort, YMMV. For me, pressure from Arya's earpads seems to be more focused on areas above and behind my ears. The position the bottom-end of the earpad to slightly cup the underneath of my jaw. If I leave the bottom-end positioned directly above my jaw, then yeah I feel a bit of pressure there too.

May 27, 2020 at 6:17 AM Post #1,769 of 11,866
Anyone here with Arya driven by RME ADI-2 dac and Hugo2, I have Hugo 2 but wondering if it will drive Arya to full potential, I have option to sell Hugo2 and get RME ADI-2 or add SMSL SP200 to hugo 2 for Arya? I have option to either buy Arya with AMP or buy the secondhand Empyrean :)Thanks.

May 27, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #1,770 of 11,866
Anyone here with Arya driven by RME ADI-2 dac and Hugo2, I have Hugo 2 but wondering if it will drive Arya to full potential, I have option to sell Hugo2 and get RME ADI-2 or add SMSL SP200 to hugo 2 for Arya? I have option to either buy Arya with AMP or buy the secondhand Empyrean :)Thanks.

Arya and Empyrean have much different in character that make me wonder, what's your current set up right now?

Nevermind, already browsed to your profile. If you want something different than Z1R, than yes Arya is a great choice.

If you want something still warm and thick, Empyrean is better choice.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back