HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Dec 10, 2019 at 12:07 AM Post #1,411 of 11,822
He1000 V2 if I'm not mistaken (?)

Isn't that the abbreviation for HEK, because in most places 1000 = k ?

Yeah it's right. But I wasn't sure if you really are reffering to the HE1000 V2. So they liked the Arya soundwise over the HE1000 V2? That would be pretty interesting. There is a review on youtube where someone tells that in his Opinion the Arya is more equal to a HE1000 SE, so he finally bought the Arya over the other models.

Dec 10, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #1,413 of 11,822
Hi guys, I'm looking at these vs the lcd x. What are your thoughts?

Hi, they are very different to each other. The X has more "body" and slam. The Arya is way more spacious and detailed. I never owned the LCD X ( I own the Arya), but I've heard them side by side at a dealer. For my taste the Arya was much better. The tune has something
"magical", it will surround you with music and let you kind of sink into the music. The LCD X sounds more forward playing and has a strong base. The Arya still goes deep enough (I never missed low end on them), just with less slam compared to the LCD X.

Another main reason for the Arya ist the superb comfort. With the new headband the Audeze headphones are much better comfortwise compared to the old headband. But its still another level with the Aryas, which will nearly dissapear completly after a while.

At the end its a question of personal taste. At this pricepoint i would never buy a headphone only based on suggestions. Both are worth listening, but for me Arya was the clear winner.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2019 at 10:11 PM Post #1,414 of 11,822
I have finished my review on HIFIMAN Arya!! If you love a huge soundstage, a comfy headphone, and if you're looking for an amazing, warm, detailed, and spacious sound at a good price, Arya may be just your thing!!

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2019/12/light-sound-rulez-hifiman-arya-review.html

HIFIMAN-Arya-Planar-Magnetic-Headphones-Over-The-Ear-Flagship-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-44.jpg

Yeah it's right. But I wasn't sure if you really are reffering to the HE1000 V2. So they liked the Arya soundwise over the HE1000 V2? That would be pretty interesting. There is a review on youtube where someone tells that in his Opinion the Arya is more equal to a HE1000 SE, so he finally bought the Arya over the other models.

My friend who did the upgrade told me that it was the bass that did it for him, he liked the bass of Arya better :)

Hi guys, I'm looking at these vs the lcd x. What are your thoughts?

Good question, I can tell you one thing from the start, the comfort of Arya is much better as they are much ligther and don't clamp as hard. As others have said, LCD X has more slam, Arya isn't a slamming headphone, but rather a delicate one that expands, though Arya also reaches really well low in the bass.

Dec 16, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #1,415 of 11,822
Some people here like Arya with all in one systems RME, Mytek..
What do you think about iFi Black Label?
And is it really good with all in one systems? I had in past Brooklyn DAC (first version) and almost all headphone did not sound good out of it, only LCDX and Clear not ideal but not bad.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #1,416 of 11,822
Hello Everyone --

New Arya owner here. Upgraded form Ananda and while I loved Ananda, I was immediately smitten by the warmer and fuller nature of Arya. Looking forward to seeing how they open up after a 100 or so hours. So, as I'm basking in their glory, a quick question...

I've read that Arya has a peak on or around 9-10K that can be a bit disturbing. JRiver has a parametric EQ that allows me to tweak/tune the sound. Does anyone have any thoughts as to what frequency, Q level, and db adjustments could be made to even out the peak? I'm open to other suggestions as well.

Thanks!!!

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #1,417 of 11,822

I think the Arya is better on classical (solo and double piano, quintets, orchestral) in terms of voicing vs the HEK v1, I think it's better than the v2 also. SE however is better than the Arya,

Dec 17, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #1,418 of 11,822
But isn't the SE like 2x price of Arya?

Dec 17, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #1,419 of 11,822
Hello Everyone --

New Arya owner here. Upgraded form Ananda and while I loved Ananda, I was immediately smitten by the warmer and fuller nature of Arya. Looking forward to seeing how they open up after a 100 or so hours. So, as I'm basking in their glory, a quick question...

I've read that Arya has a peak on or around 9-10K that can be a bit disturbing. JRiver has a parametric EQ that allows me to tweak/tune the sound. Does anyone have any thoughts as to what frequency, Q level, and db adjustments could be made to even out the peak? I'm open to other suggestions as well.

Thanks!!!

I think Arya's do have a bit of extra life around 9k, it's common to a lot of HFM's so you may not notice. There is to me a more notable rise around 5k. Get really used to your cans (but during break-in keep listening to other cans so the Arya doesn't become your reference). Once you think they are stable - list to your favorite 7-10 recordings that are honest and clearly recorded, and listen to them, like 2-3 times, then find a graph on line and assume you need to adjust the part that is most off of even. Listen, to the recordings. Better, worse, different? After that go to the next area (assuming 1st area worked). My own experience with EQ's is not to strive for 100% even curve but get the dips and peaks treated enough so you don't notice them. So if the curve says a steep +5 db is needed - try 2.5 or 3 first, and see. Too many ups and downs (esp adjacent settings more than +3 apart) - and phase weirdness starts to creep in to the sound (IMO - others say no).

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #1,420 of 11,822
Considering ordering an arya tonight. I'm not usually a fan of the way music is presented in open backs and prefer music to come from a black background. Focal clear, HATED it. Focal eutopia although open, i loved it. Sure i prefer a bigger sound but it is so colorful and clear of a picture. I'm worried arya will be closer to clear in terms of presentation. Recently came from a beyerdynamic amiron wireless. Very much liked it for electronic but I've been in hobby for a while and couldn't live with its congestion. Also, I nodded the pads to help with brightness and was fine with music but with gaming my ears were ringing in 10 minutes

Dec 21, 2019 at 4:17 AM Post #1,421 of 11,822
Some people here like Arya with all in one systems RME, Mytek..
What do you think about iFi Black Label?
And is it really good with all in one systems? I had in past Brooklyn DAC (first version) and almost all headphone did not sound good out of it, only LCDX and Clear not ideal but not bad.

The all in one solutions won't be the problem. You need to find a good matching between headphone and amp/dac. I have two AIO devices, a Questyle CMA400i and an Audiobyte Black Dragon. Out of the 400i the Arya sounds fine, but nothing more. Connected to the Black Dragon the sound really improves, it's kind of more realistic, seperation is better and the whole presentation becomes more accurate. The Black Dragon is imo the best matching I've heard so far with the Arya.

Dec 21, 2019 at 6:51 AM Post #1,422 of 11,822
Hello Everyone --

Thanks!!!
This is my limited experience based on short audition.

Araya sounds a bit different from HEK series, HEX series, or Ananda.

It sounds like depth and imaging of HEK series with a blend of HEX and Ananda timbre. So, it sounds fuller with better definition/resolution than HEX, toward HEK, but not so bright or as thin sounding. So, my initial impression was that I may prefer it the most of all the newest Hifiman cans.

Basically what I want is fuller sounding HEK series with same definition and imaging depth.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #1,423 of 11,822
Considering ordering an arya tonight. I'm not usually a fan of the way music is presented in open backs and prefer music to come from a black background. Focal clear, HATED it. Focal eutopia although open, i loved it. Sure i prefer a bigger sound but it is so colorful and clear of a picture. I'm worried arya will be closer to clear in terms of presentation. Recently came from a beyerdynamic amiron wireless. Very much liked it for electronic but I've been in hobby for a while and couldn't live with its congestion. Also, I nodded the pads to help with brightness and was fine with music but with gaming my ears were ringing in 10 minutes

HFM - the large cups and the creme of their older cans (HE-500, HE-6) have fairly vivid and large presentations. I'm oppo to you with open backs, I can't stand closed backs - so best advice is to listen to the Arya's. I like the Clear's - but for tonal correctness and dynamics, not for fun, or a big sweeping soundstage, or EDM friendly bass. Arya's have bass, but its diffuse compared to some.

Dec 23, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #1,424 of 11,822
HFM - the large cups and the creme of their older cans (HE-500, HE-6) have fairly vivid and large presentations. I'm oppo to you with open backs, I can't stand closed backs - so best advice is to listen to the Arya's. I like the Clear's - but for tonal correctness and dynamics, not for fun, or a big sweeping soundstage, or EDM friendly bass. Arya's have bass, but its diffuse compared to some.
What could have better bass than the Arya other than LCD-4 and the Susvara?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back