HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Oct 26, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #1,336 of 11,863
Thanks. I have resigned from Fiio and decided to get new iBasso DX160 because it offers Parametric EQ. I have contacted iBasso regarding their new DX160 and they said that 4.4mm is an industry standard (designed by Sony, named pentaconn according to web). So I am ordering iBasso soon for my Aryas to have some nice sound during delegations.

Oct 26, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #1,337 of 11,863
That's the problem. Unfortunately, there is no hi-fi store anywhere close to me. I need to go to Moscow to pay visit to hi-fi store, but it's 8 hours on the road.

Well, going to Moscow will not do much. I'm struggling to get my hands on Ananda in Moscow with no luck. Both retailers don't seem to want to bring out of stock HFM in.

Oct 27, 2019 at 3:05 AM Post #1,338 of 11,863
Is there no possibility to purchase them online? I mean russian hifi stores will ship them or do they have different policies? If necesarry just buy them second hand, shouldnt be a problem to get some in nice condition.

Oct 27, 2019 at 3:37 AM Post #1,339 of 11,863
According to the video I saw, apparently headphones.com has a 365 day return policy for full refund... not store credit.

Oct 28, 2019 at 4:57 AM Post #1,340 of 11,863
Hello folks, tried to search in this thread, didn't really get it: is Arya gonna be fine with a Dragonfly Red? Also evaluating the infamous Chord Mojo, or the Dragonfly Cobalt.

Thanks

No it's not

They need ample power to get them singing.

I mean they will work of course but you will not get the full potential out of them. no where near

Oct 28, 2019 at 6:00 AM Post #1,342 of 11,863
@dollag thanks, also the Chord Mojo would not be enough?

No i feel the mojo is also not got enough juice to power them correctly.

The best i heard the arya was running them balanced with a suzie diy class a amplifier and thx aaa 789 both running 2w. I used them single ended on the 789 and they sound more anemic.

Oct 28, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #1,343 of 11,863

The best i heard the arya was running them balanced with a suzie diy class a amplifier and thx aaa 789 both running 2w. I used them single ended on the 789 and they sound more anemic.

I would also recommend rather to have more power than less. The Arya will definitely benefit from a good amp. It would be a bit too bad if you dont drive them well enough so they cant play their full potential.

Oct 28, 2019 at 9:17 AM Post #1,344 of 11,863

Really? THX 789 pushes 1800 mW on 32 ohms single-ended, and it is not enough? Do you think balanced output is required for Arya?

Oct 28, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #1,345 of 11,863
Really? THX 789 pushes 1800 mW on 32 ohms single-ended, and it is not enough? Do you think balanced output is required for Arya?

It plays plenty load but for me SE, it just didn't have the same slam and overall presence when balanced.

Oct 28, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #1,346 of 11,863
I would also recommend rather to have more power than less. The Arya will definitely benefit from a good amp. It would be a bit too bad if you dont drive them well enough so they cant play their full potential.

^
A good amp will also expand the soundstage, provide better separation of instruments in space, have more impactful bass, increased precision, better articulation, etc.

Oct 29, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #1,347 of 11,863
Hi everyone, I was wondering, I own the HEX V2 and the Ananda, and I was wondering if I should consider buying the Arya as well? Is owning the HEX V2 and the Ananda "good enough," or is the Arya different enough that it should be added to the collection? Thanks....

Oct 29, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #1,348 of 11,863
Hi everyone, I was wondering, I own the HEX V2 and the Ananda, and I was wondering if I should consider buying the Arya as well? Is owning the HEX V2 and the Ananda "good enough," or is the Arya different enough that it should be added to the collection? Thanks....

Consolidate, sell both buy Arya.
I've owned all 3 in the past (currently the Arya). While I reallllly love the Hex v2, there was always some sense of detail missing. The bass is amazing and I will say the Arya is just a notch under the Hexv2 in terms of impact but it's definitely more than enough for my bass needs. Arya fixes that, tons of details with clarity for days.

Ananda, just too shouty for me. Arya is just right.

Oct 29, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #1,349 of 11,863
Consolidate, sell both buy Arya.
I've owned all 3 in the past (currently the Arya). While I reallllly love the Hex v2, there was always some sense of detail missing. The bass is amazing and I will say the Arya is just a notch under the Hexv2 in terms of impact but it's definitely more than enough for my bass needs. Arya fixes that, tons of details with clarity for days.

Ananda, just too shouty for me. Arya is just right.

Have to agree with this having had the hex v2 also.

sell both and buy arya

Oct 29, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #1,350 of 11,863
Wow, that’s quite the endorsement of the Arya coming from the both of you, thanks.

I was wondering if I could dive a little deeper here as I have an “audio enthusiast” question that I’m sure the audiophiles here will not care much for as it involves using a peq on the HEX V2. Some of the many posts I’ve read here describe the HEX V2 as having a “mellow and laid back” mid and high end, which mine does as well, however I correct this with a peq at 14.1k and 15k and the sound expands nicely and the mid’s and high end fill out and get nice and detailed because the harmonics and extensions have been restored. Therefore, I’m thinking Hifiman did this on purpose to differentiate the HEX from the HEK as they chopped off the harmonics and extensions of the HEX, but the peq at 14.1k and 15k fixes that – at least to my ears.

Therefore, my question is, is it likely the Hifiman Arya just returns the high end roll off, which restores the harmonics, extensions, detail, etc, and is really an HEX with a peq, or is there more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back