HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Oct 22, 2019 at 3:06 AM Post #1,321 of 11,847
@Module In my opinion there should be no problem to grab the Aryas the way you mentioned. Build-wise they are not the best, but imo they will be fine still if you grab them by the headband. Once they are in position on your head, the swivle should be no problem. They wont shake around, except if you move your head very fast. Which should be not the case. Mine are fitting pretty well and still after hours you wont recognize them.

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:34 AM Post #1,322 of 11,847
@Module In my opinion there should be no problem to grab the Aryas the way you mentioned. Build-wise they are not the best, but imo they will be fine still if you grab them by the headband. Once they are in position on your head, the swivle should be no problem. They wont shake around, except if you move your head very fast. Which should be not the case. Mine are fitting pretty well and still after hours you wont recognize them.
Thank you for this. However, another person that uses Aryas mentioned this:
This si very important, because the Arya headband is fragile, if I take the Arya by the headband, the earcups drop down (the setting-locking mechanism is poor -- they are a much cheaper version of the HE-1000 v1 or v2, which used to cost € 3000, they had to reduce the price a lot), I try to always grab and manipulate the Arya from below by the earcups.
In this case you might better skip the Arya.
The headband of my Sundara doesn't move easily but is much more solid than that of my Arya.
If the Ananda has the same kind of headband as the Sundara (I think it is the case?), then you would avoid risks by choosing the Ananda over the Arya.
So you don't confirm this? Does the earcups easily drop down if you don't hold them?

Oct 22, 2019 at 4:08 AM Post #1,323 of 11,847
Ive just tried to grab the Aryas by the headband and its a bit harder than i thought tbh. I think it wont be a good advise if I would say there wont be any problems. As I mentioned before, sadly the Aryas dont have the best build quality. That was my main issue with them after buying them. I mean they are firm and i dont think you will damage them by grabbing them by the headband. But I wouldnt feel comfortable doing that, especially when it would be the only way to put them on my head. So I wont recommend that. The earcups will swivle around while bending the headband.

In the end you have to try it on your own. But if you ask me I would stick to the words "bidn" has written.

Oct 22, 2019 at 4:17 AM Post #1,324 of 11,847
but keep me updated regardless :) !
You asked me to let you know about updates on my Aryas issue. Hifiman confirmed that my local reseller is authorised (took 2 days) and offered a replacement. Sounds good! As usual, contact with customer service was very good.

Oct 22, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #1,325 of 11,847
Just as i was about to pull the trigger on the Aryas this weekend and order them, I see this post... now im pulling the emergency break and going to wait and see what happens.
Please inform me of all the steps Hifiman customer service offered you. My condolences on this uneasy situation. nobody wants to come across this on 2,100$+ headphones after a few months. one would think they'd be flawless for years and years and years based on how much we're paying.

Also has this issue happened to many other people or are you so far the only one to bring this up to attention?
also i see you mentioned perhaps that it could be due to cables... are you using the cables provided or after market? if so, which ones?

I would never judge a headphone by such incidents. This can happen to any company. Unluckily Hifiman suffered a bit from the issues many owners had with the Sundara. But I dont think its the same case with the Arya. There always will be isolated cases but I think most Arya owners are satisfied with their exemplar (me included). For me soundwise the Arya is nearly unmatched. Maybe its just my personal taste, but Iam really happy since a long time. You should definitely give them a try.

Oct 22, 2019 at 5:22 AM Post #1,326 of 11,847
You asked me to let you know about updates on my Aryas issue. Hifiman confirmed that my local reseller is authorised (took 2 days) and offered a replacement. Sounds good! As usual, contact with customer service was very good.
Thank you very much, ill be hopefully getting mine sometime after i move to a new apartment :) enjoy your new pair of Arya!!

Oct 22, 2019 at 6:14 AM Post #1,327 of 11,847
Thanks for the pictures of the stands!

Has anyone of you ever dealt with a pair of fake Hifiman Arya (or fake Hifiman in general)?
There is an official Hifiman retailer in a European country that is offering the headphone to me at 200 EUR less than any other retailer in the same country. All the others offered to me max 100 EUR. He told me it's brand new, never opened.

Oct 22, 2019 at 8:34 PM Post #1,328 of 11,847

Has anyone of you ever dealt with a pair of fake Hifiman Arya (or fake Hifiman in general)?
There is an official Hifiman retailer in a European country that is offering the headphone to me at 200 EUR less than any other retailer in the same country. All the others offered to me max 100 EUR. He told me it's brand new, never opened.

Sure it's Arya and not Ananda BT? Price would make sense if it was the BT set.

Oct 22, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #1,329 of 11,847

If its an official retailer its going to be real; a local retailer was trying to get rid of their Hifiman stock and had cut prices by hundreds of dollars so thats not unusual. Also Adorama is selling the HE6se for 50% off so deep discounts in and of themselves are not alarming.

Oct 23, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #1,330 of 11,847
Sure it's Arya and not Ananda BT? Price would make sense if it was the BT set.

Arya for sure

If its an official retailer its going to be real; a local retailer was trying to get rid of their Hifiman stock and had cut prices by hundreds of dollars so thats not unusual. Also Adorama is selling the HE6se for 50% off so deep discounts in and of themselves are not alarming.

finger crossed

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2019 at 3:50 AM Post #1,334 of 11,847
It should (?)

Can't see any reason why it wouldn't (?)

This Post says that 3.5mm TRRS pinout standards differ for various manufacturers. If it is the same for 4.4mm TRRRS, it is possible to end up with mixed L and R channels signals I think.

Oct 26, 2019 at 5:57 AM Post #1,335 of 11,847
This Post says that 3.5mm TRRS pinout standards differ for various manufacturers. If it is the same for 4.4mm TRRRS, it is possible to end up with mixed L and R channels signals I think.

If it helps, Meze balanced cables worked just fine for Sundara, but those were 2.5mm instead of the 4.4 you were looking for

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back