HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jul 26, 2019 at 4:33 AM Post #1,126 of 11,867
Has anyone here experienced any QC issues with these? Or has Hifiman improved on their quality?
Hi there,

Thank you for your interest in Hifiman, if you have any questions about the headphones, please feel free to email us at Customersevice@hifiman.com. :)

Regards,
April

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Jul 26, 2019 at 5:16 AM Post #1,127 of 11,867
Has anyone here experienced any QC issues with these? Or has Hifiman improved on their quality?
What do you mean? As for sound signature I find it to be exactly the same as during auditioning test pair. Clear vocals with noticeable impact but not too boomy bass combined with engaging, crisp treble. At least after 150h of usage. At the beginning they sounded noticeably worse. Regarding build quality it is not really impressive IMO. Metal headband was slightly scratched in adjustment area out of the box and plastic elements of cups squeak when they rotate. Definitely not what you expect from $1500+ HP. But honestly speaking this is not a big deal in practice. They make some noises only when putting on head and are silent when already placed on head. Sound and convenience are superb.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #1,129 of 11,867
Hi everyone
Which portable dac/ampli you recommend to use with the arya ?
The woo audio 11 topaz?
The chord Hugo 2?

I haven't heard any of these devices, however from a fundamental standpoint planars usually get along better with solid state amplification. But i could be right.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #1,130 of 11,867
Anyone tried the ifi Pro iDSD with the Arya?
I'm wondering if the Pro iDSD's amp will have enough power o drive the Arya properly...

Aug 6, 2019 at 2:16 AM Post #1,131 of 11,867
I would say it does have more then enough power to drive the Arya. The Arya is not a very hard to drive hp. AKG 712 (your signature) is a lot harder to drive.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019 at 8:25 AM Post #1,132 of 11,867
Anyone tried the ifi Pro iDSD with the Arya?
I'm wondering if the Pro iDSD's amp will have enough power o drive the Arya properly...

Yes. He6SE was the HIFIMAN Hard to drive, Arya is okay-ish, you should do just fine with most good sources, even iDSD Micro BL should have more than enough juice for Arya, although I can't say whether the pairing works as well as the iPro or something like the Mytek Brooklyn DAC+

Aug 13, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #1,133 of 11,867
I am currently owning a pair of Hifiman Arya for about a month now, and have been listening to them extensively. This is a very linear sounding pair of headphones. This means that while nothing really stood out, everything in the frequency response feels very balanced. The build quality could (and should) have been better especially for the headband (build quality and some squeky sound). But the overall comfort is excellent. More comfortable than HD800S.

Really a good all rounder imo.

Aug 13, 2019 at 10:03 PM Post #1,134 of 11,867
Not sure if anyone has seen Z's review on the Arya, but it wasn't good, in the relative scheme of things. I think he knocks headphones just because he wasn't the first to hype it himself and or just because it's expensive. He actually compared the Sendy's too the Arya saying the only think the Arya's beat it on is bass. He tried to hype the Sendy's and fortunately people have caught on to that over hype of a decent, but flawed headphone. I bring this up because unfortunately, with 150K subscribers, he has the power to kill or really hurt the sales of good products like this and hype bad to mediocre products because he doesn't have a clue what good sound is........listen to his demos if you want confirmation of that.

Aug 13, 2019 at 10:18 PM Post #1,136 of 11,867
Z is a joke. I unsubscribed form him a little while ago. He should stick to only what he's good at: "reviewing" $100 headphones. His reviews aren't even reviews. They're just 20 minutes of babble.

Aug 13, 2019 at 10:31 PM Post #1,137 of 11,867
I don't subscribe to him at all. Matter of fact I usually fall asleep as he babbles for 30 minutes. We here know better but unfortunately there are thousands who do not and will not even audition good products like this because Z said they are not worth the money.

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:19 AM Post #1,138 of 11,867
Not sure if anyone has seen Z's review on the Arya, but it wasn't good, in the relative scheme of things. I think he knocks headphones just because he wasn't the first to hype it himself and or just because it's expensive. He actually compared the Sendy's too the Arya saying the only think the Arya's beat it on is bass. He tried to hype the Sendy's and fortunately people have caught on to that over hype of a decent, but flawed headphone. I bring this up because unfortunately, with 150K subscribers, he has the power to kill or really hurt the sales of good products like this and hype bad to mediocre products because he doesn't have a clue what good sound is........listen to his demos if you want confirmation of that.

Z reviews sprouted so much BS re. the HD58X. Sadly, many people still think it's a giant killer after believing the hype.

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:37 AM Post #1,139 of 11,867
I'm 100% sure Zeos gets paid by certain companies for promotion, he is the most subscribed channel in the audio community that I know of. Makes sense, don't trust him. He doesn't legally have to say he's affiliated with them, although it's expected - don't expect it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back