1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HIFIMAN Arya - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by XERO1, Oct 5, 2018.
First

Back
52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61
63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72
Next

Last
  1. Jodet
    Question about materials... are the 'yokes' that attach to the cups plastic or metal?

Also - did yours have a 'new paint smell' to them when you took them out of the box? If so how long did that take to go away? I have something similar to asthma and tend to be very careful around strange smells.

2. Ithilstone
    The whole headband is made of metal - those 'yokes' are painted matt black

Regarding the smell - the box smelled a bit funny but headphones didn't when I use them (no smell when on the head but I didnt snif them ;] ) - I left box opened in the corner of the room and when I finished playing with Arya couple of hours later and went to place them back in the box there funny smell was not there anymore - so I would say in the worst case scenario if you are really sensitive to funny smells then airing headphones and the box for 2h should do the trick.

3. sean-xenos
    Sorry if this topic has been covered before:

Are there any cable suggestions for driving the Aryas balanced?

I have a SPL Phonitor 2 headphone amp that uses two 3pin female Neutrik XLR connectors, so I guess I have to solder an adapter anyway or DiY the whole cable for balanced.

4. kaesar94
    Any suggestion about the pairing of the Arya with the Chord Mojo? (I have a Mojo)

Xinlisupreme likes this.
  5. Jodet
    I was thinking of one of these:

https://lqicables.com/products/esprit-up-occ-silver-plated-copper

[​IMG]

sean-xenos likes this.
  6. sean-xenos
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  7. Relaxasaurus
    ^ Really like the price to feature ratio on these cables. UP-OCC silver plated cables are usually more expensive. I have both Periapt and Arctic Cables which fall in the sub $100 category. I wish I saw these LQi cables beforehand :)

Edit- ok pulled the trigger. I've never had an OCC cable, much less quality silver plating.

Esprit Series UP-OCC Silver Plated Copper Headphone Cable
    Length: 5 feet
    Headphone Connection: Hifiman Ananda/Sundara/Arya/HE6SE (3.5mm)
    Cable Color: Royal Blue/Black
    Splitter: Black/Carbon Fiber
    Termination: Balanced XLR 4 Pin (Neutrik, black, gold pin)
    I plan to do a shootout between Periapt, Arctic Cables and LQi.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    MellowGold and sean-xenos like this.
  8. Law87

Atgm1 likes this.
  9. Jodet
    You get exactly the same cable I did only mine is 6 foot instead of 5. It gets here Thursday. The new amp gets here tomorrow.

10. talan7
    Just picked up an Arya. Can someone recommend a good case for them? None of my cases are good fits

11. mixman
    Try this case it should fit. I put my HEK SE 's in one of these. It just takes a little wrangling to make it work.

12. MidFiMoney
  13. MidFiMoney
    Nice! Do you have pics of the headphones in the case?

14. BuddhaBruce
    I picked up a balanced Forza Auido Works Hybrid cable. It's pretty nice

sean-xenos and Relaxasaurus like this.
  15. jazzk
    On cable recommendation I have the dyson facemelter pure silver balanced cable and it is a great match with arya’s In my system. Also super affordable compared to a Norne pure silver cable.

alank46 and Relaxasaurus like this.
First

Back
52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61
63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72
Next

Last