1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HIFIMAN Arya - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by XERO1, Oct 5, 2018.
First

Back
42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62
Next

Last
  1. Tsukuyomi
    100% agree. people forget when we join this forum and seldom remember/realise.
    This hobby is very subjective, no two people have the exact same hearing/ear structure/sonic taste or hearing profile. we're all different and enjoy music in different ways, thats why this hobby is so beautiful and enjoyable. because not only do we get to share equipment, impressions and wisdom. but we can teach and educate people so they can discover even more by themselves :)

2. Mkoll
    Any new Arya vs Ether 2 impressions from those who have heard both? I've read all in this thread and elsewhere I can find. About to pull the trigger on a purchase...

3. Relaxasaurus
    ^ same here!
    https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/9wizwh/trying_out_some_planars/

About to get it tax free on Amazon. Anyone get a warranty plan for it? There is one at $58 for 3 years.

Mkoll likes this.
  4. webmi
    [​IMG]
    more...
    [​IMG] - [​IMG] - [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got the Arya 2h ago. All i want to say so far is that that stock hifiman cable is a joke. But ok, therefore i didnt payed the 1000 (v1/v2/SE) price. Anyway, i somehow want to stop to listen with this crappy single ended cable.

Hope @ForzaAudioWorks awnsers my email soon. I wonder if he can provide a adapter for my (Noir HPC Mk2) audeze cable to convert to the hifiman (3.5mm), like i saw it earlier in this thread? I immediately need a balanced cable for this baby (and kinna want to go with Forza again).

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    kid vic and Focux like this.
  5. tylerfutrell
    Are there any soundstage differences between Arya and HEX V2? My dream is an HD800 stage/imaging with LCD-3 tonality - the HEX V2 is the closest I've found (minus the treble roll off), but the stage is a little egg shaped (taller than it is wide), not quite as "natural" sounding to me as the HD800.

6. chimney189
    That would be a nice headphone..

7. Relaxasaurus
    I ordered these 2.5mm -> 3.5mm adapters to use my Periapt cables with my Z7's.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077ZVMBZH/

I know it's not ideal but I like how it's not a wire, so less chance for signal loss/degradation.

8. webmi
    :L3000:

[​IMG]

One could read the newspaper through this headphone, thats how open it is.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  9. RZ NJ
    Hello folks, i am new to the hp world. Got me the arya and would like to get an idea on two fronts. First is “recommended portable amp” anything better than ifi dsd black ? Second “balanced amp”. My budget less than $1000 if possible on one item only. I understand that the arya is not meant to be an on the go hp soi think i am leaning more on home usage amp instead. I read the Schiit Jottenheim-Topping dx7s-thx 789 (dunno when thats coming out)-i think a good amp with enough power to bring the best from the arya. Dac amp combo i might reconsider. Also the monoprice liquid platinum tubes heard good things on that. Just want to get everyones opinion and HELP. thanks in advance.

10. Atgm1
    Matrix M-Stage HPA-3B Balanced Headphone Amp

11. RZ NJ
    Going to look into that, thanks a bunch.

12. mixman
    Soundstage differences or imaging differences?

13. franz12
    If tonal balances are only issues to you, experiment Sonarworks plug-in or other EQ if you like that headphone. Tonal balances can be rather easily corrected via EQ.
    Imaging, resolution, speed, or openness cannot be corrected.

14. Dobrescu George
  15. Atgm1
    Is the gap between Ananda and Jade ll wide?

First

Back
42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62
Next

Last