1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HIFIMAN Arya - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by XERO1, Oct 5, 2018.
First

Back
1 2 3
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Next

Last
  1. bagwell359
    I know one thing - you tend to lose less on resale when the gear you bought is used as opposed to new.

2. omniweltall
    I like the word "what they think they hear". From consumer side, I notice most people will shill any piece of gear they own, whether intentionally (to protect their investment) or unintentionally (what they think they hear).

Then you have reviewers who talk as if they are one of the consumers. To blend in. Of course their whole intention is to indirectly sell units.

3. GodsInHisHeaven
    I owned the HEXV2 for around 4 month and the Ananda for the better of two weeks.

In my point of view Ananda is faster, has more sparkle slightly more details and a tad better mid-range than the HEX.
    Low-End and Soundstage is pretty much the same.

So my 2 cents are Ananda > HEXV2.

I only returned the Ananda because of the upcoming Ether 2 and Arya.

davidmthekidd and knopi like this.
  4. BuddhaBruce
    Interesting, reading the Ananda thread, others reporting they prefer the HeXV2. Especially with more presence in the low end

Hifiearspeakers likes this.
  5. bagwell359
    Actually the first 2/3 of the thread was pretty friendly to the Ananda - then the HEX V2 & HFM business practices suck brigades took over. Not enough to make me uninterested, but enough to not buy them unheard. Then the Arya is announced and I'm guessing I'll like these best - but have to hear them all to be sure.

6. BuddhaBruce
    I definitely want to try the Arya out. Could be very promising as I'm a fan of the Hifiman sound.

7. vlach
    Those are EXACTLY my thoughts after reading that thread and i too have a feeling the Arya might represent the sweet spot in the HFM lineup in terms of performance to price value. I need to hear it in direct comparison to the Ananda, HEX-V2 and of course the HEK-V2 before taking the plunge.

kid vic likes this.
  8. Por_Tu_Guy
    I'm also interested in the Arya. I've listened to the HEK-V2's at a CanJam and i thought they were really good so if the Arya sounds close to the HEK for $1600 that's a pretty good deal IMHO

9. MFHRaptor
    I don't want to disappoint anyone, but some RMFA impressions came out that Arya is on the bright side of the spectrum. It appears that using Ananda's ultra-thin diaphragm (1/5th the thickness of HEK & HEX) produces this thin/bright, agile and over-emphasized signature that is a bit aggressive and more technical, less laid-back and musical.

10. BuddhaBruce
    Do you have a link for some of the impressions?

11. bagwell359
    If so, then the HE5se and HE6se need to be checked on. In fact add a remake of the HE-500 and label that entire line "Hifiman Classic"

kid vic likes this.
  12. Lv100Pidgeot
    How about exciting someone? I wasn't really interested in the Arya until you posted that. I think you described my ideal headphone there.

kid vic likes this.
  13. kid vic
    I agree, I also remember a lot of reviewers saying the HEK was too laid back as well. YMMV

negura likes this.
  14. Henry Hua
    I heard the reason is to do a clearance of HEK drivers since hifiman plan to move to a new factory

15. negura
    Exactly right. This has just captured my interest. As an early edition HE-6 owner, I would not touch the newer softer Hifiman. If they can again make headphones that sound agile and articulated like before, I may be interested.
    Susvara is almost OK (I prefer the Abyss), but way overpriced for the SQ and build, just imo. Like with all HFM there's still the build quality concern, but that's another discussion.

The reason I ignored this is:
    "HE1000 V2 Driver
    HifiMan Arya features a driver based on the HE1000 V2"

So which one is it?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    Turdski likes this.
First

Back
1 2 3
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Next

Last