1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HIFIMAN Arya - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by XERO1, Oct 5, 2018.
First

Back
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Next

Last
  1. Hifiearspeakers
    It’s not the same as the HEX V2 and the headband is magnificently stupid. And it will still make money, yes.

2. bagwell359
    Interesting, if the MD XX is thought to be a close match, that resolve will soften. If not, then yes, the cult shall be given a big boost.

3. mcbaon
    I love my HEX V2. Almost perfect sound for rock/prog/metal. Don't see me upgrading this anytime soon

Hifiearspeakers likes this.
  4. mixman
    Has it really been established that the Arya are pretty much HEK V2 with a cheaper build? the HEK prices are continuing to drop and if they keep dropping it might soon be a tossup as to whether you should get the Arya or the HEK.

5. Hifiearspeakers
    No. The Arya is closer to HEK V1.

6. mixman
    Here is an excerpt from an ad:
    "HifiMan Arya features a driver based on the HE1000 V2, raising sonic characteristics to a considerably higher level than similarly priced products.

“Our HE1000 series is an audiophile favorite. In particular, the 1000 V2 continues to be one of our best-selling models to date,” said Dr. Fang Bian, Founder and CEO, HIFIMAN Electronics. “Our experience working and reworking the technology until we reached sonic perfection gave us the ability to adapt many of the same technical features in a headphone that is accessible to a wider audience of music lovers.”

Is this just BS? Because I have not only seen this mentioned in this ad but in a couple of reviews on the Arya.

7. CoFire
    This!

This is one of my biggest concerns about jumping on the Hifiman hype train too early just to be smoked by the fix 6 months later at a cheaper price. If there was a "reasonable" path to upgrade, it would at least give early adopters some insurance and confidence that they have a product of value.

But to be honest, Hifiman needs to put some effort into build quality. Sure, they sound great, but other great sounding headphones with lifetime driver warranties and superior build quality are on the market.

There needs to be a real commitment to the customer base, especially for the TOTL headphones or really anything over $500. Over $1K is a no brainer.

My HEX V2 are in China getting repaired, left side driver failure and rattle in right side. I still love them but what the heck? I've only had to return 2 headphones ever, my 400i and HEX V2, but I don't think I can part with either.

For these reasons, I'm sure I'd love the Arya, but I think patience is just gonna have to be the game.

8. Hifiearspeakers
    Well I’ve owned all of them and the Arya sounds much closer to the V1 than the V2 to me.

9. Hifiearspeakers
    My first pair of HEK V2 arrived with the right driver DOA. My replacement pair was great though.

10. franz12
    At least, for Hifiman warranty is transferable, so I can buy used. That is not the case for some companies.
    If warranty is not transferable, it would be a bad idea to get used unless it is discounted at least 40 percent from a 'street' price.

Hifiearspeakers and mixman like this.
  11. mixman
    Nevermind.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  12. mixman
    This is the case with Focal. Non transferable warranty. This is the reason used Utopias are so cheap nearly 50% off. In the case of those you are taking a big chance. I think I read each driver is about $1K to replace out of warranty and they generally suggest you replace both at the same time for proper balance. This is what scared me off about buying used Utopias the most.

ToddRaymond likes this.
  13. franz12
    That is why I got a new Utopia, which guarantees 5 years of warranty. Don't understand why an asking price for a used one is still high, as the final cost to me was less than the half of the original MSRP for a new one.

14. Hifiearspeakers
    That’s a great question. I don’t know the answer but I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s already a revision in the works.

15. mixman
    Nope scratch that. It was Todd who told me that and now I see he is/was doing a loaner program on the Ananda. So I would guess that would be the demo unit. I saw you were on the list. Did you ever actually participate? So hopefully I am safe.....for now in case I do actually get one of these.

First

Back
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Next

Last