HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
May 13, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #3,661 of 11,862
Hi Folks, I now also joined the Arya club. :beerchug:

rkcnBWu.jpg

I am using my Squeezebox as source, SMSL SU-8 as DAC and the Gustard H16 as amp. Still need to wait for my balanced cable, but also single ended I enjoy these cans very much. Perfect for big orchestras. I will see how they perform with other genres. Probably not the rock type headphone. :sweat_smile:
But for this I have still my Clears. :L3000:
Nice!

May 13, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #3,662 of 11,862
Is Enya your new amp?
Hey you, and you're driving me again, you like to joke with me, I'm glad you're a happy person
A few moments ago I was listening to my playlists and I was listening to -Enya-Orinoco Flow
?(where the emoticons are on my edit tape, they're gone ... why now (I'm crying))?

Last edited:
May 13, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #3,663 of 11,862
Hey you, and you're driving me again, you like to joke with me, I'm glad you're a happy person
A few moments ago I was listening to my playlists and I was listening to -Enya-Orinoco Flow
Does your Watermark copy have Storms in Africa Pt. 2 track?

May 13, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #3,667 of 11,862
No bass punch? Put a +2db sub-bass shelf at 100hz and listen to this and then say that again, I dare ya. :wink:

May 13, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #3,668 of 11,862
Arya's ear candy...or sample #1 for those who think Arya has no bass punch.

When transferring from Cocteau Twins ..
I liked the first minute, after that, it was as if I was crucified and a mechanical insect was picking at my ears and brain as I stared mesmerized at the picture
It's a bit sado - mazo, but overall it's not bad

May 14, 2021 at 3:40 AM Post #3,671 of 11,862
Just wondering are these end game for alot of you guys? or do you feel the need to still upgrade?

I currently have the Sundara which I think for the price are just ridiculous for the price to performance you get.

I listened to Ayra and I want......but at $1999 au or 4x what I paid for the Sundara I'm having a hard time justifying the priceC
Then there's the Focal Clears which I can get at $1200au which are almost half the price of Ayras throwing me a curve ball.

Who has listened to all 3 of these cans? and how much would I gain going from Sundaras > Clear > Ayras. I listen to literally everything but Jazz and Classical.

Thanks for your help

May 14, 2021 at 3:43 AM Post #3,672 of 11,862
Just wondering are these end game for alot of you guys? or do you feel the need to still upgrade?
Depends on your budget I think. I owned Aryas for a couple of weeks, next to Focal Clear and when I got a chance to audition twice as expensive headphones, I immediately bought them and sold Aryas. This is not to say they are bad headphones, just to illustrate the point that you may find yourself lusting for more eventually anyway

May 14, 2021 at 4:42 AM Post #3,673 of 11,862

I currently have the Sundara which I think for the price are just ridiculous for the price to performance you get.

I listened to Ayra and I want......but at $1999 au or 4x what I paid for the Sundara I'm having a hard time justifying the priceC
Then there's the Focal Clears which I can get at $1200au which are almost half the price of Ayras throwing me a curve ball.

Who has listened to all 3 of these cans? and how much would I gain going from Sundaras > Clear > Ayras. I listen to literally everything but Jazz and Classical.

Thanks for your help
Is it worth that much you have to decide.
For me, they are worth it, despite the fact that I have completely equal sound quality, for which I paid 300e. They are worth it because for my affinities they are the best ratio of what I get for the price (in modern headphones).
And of course, I don't believe in the notion of the ultimate game, because if you chase the top, there is always better, more expensive, and HE1 or Shangri-la will be surpassed.
We have different expectations of sound and different attitudes towards money ...So you weigh

May 14, 2021 at 5:38 AM Post #3,674 of 11,862
For me Arya (and Clear) are endgame, because I do not want to spent more money on headphones. To really make a step up, one has to go into the 2,5k€ to 3k€+ region, which is not my region, so no real urge to upgrade for me. :wink:

Clear and Arya are quite different, that's why they complement each other very good.
This is no news: Clear is more dynamic and still very detailed and open. This is quite new: The Clear can be easily tuned to two quite different headphones when using the stock pads (more slightly warm to linear tuning) and the Dekoni Limited Stellia pads (much warmer, yet still very detailed sound). The Arya is even more open, more on the linear to bright side, yet still has a very deep bass and has a much more smooth, but also highly detailed sound. So in my opinion great for classical, acoustic and Jazz, but I am new to the Arya and have to explore more the other genres. If your are not into these genres, you will find probably the Clear more to your liking, if this is a worth upgrade to the Sundara, I cannot really say, as I do not know the Sundara.
And if you find the $1999AUD to high, you can try to look for a prewoned one. You have the Sundara, so you have time to wait for a good opportunity.

May 14, 2021 at 5:49 AM Post #3,675 of 11,862

Thanks for your help
I bought the clear pro from ATA last year, did not like it due to the narrow sound stage. Arya has a much bigger sound while listening to orchestra music.
If u are not worried about warranty, a brand new HEKv2 and arya can be bought from taobao for close to 1.8k AUD and 1.6k AUD.
Hifiman side i want from he400i > ananda > arya > hekv2.
In my opinion arya and hekv2 are almost identical in sound, v2 is slightly easier to drive. Ananda is the perfect sweet spot. I think hifiman is selling it for 650 AUD in Taobao.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back