HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Nov 14, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #5,896 of 11,822
Also, is the Stealth Arya's soundstage even any wider/deeper than the Ananda's soundstage now?
Not only wider/deeper but more detailed and with better imaging and layering. Ananda is like a stripped down, more skeletal sounding version of the Arya. Where Ananda gives you and excellent but basic skeletal structure of the music, the Arya fills in the details to a much greater degree.

Nov 14, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #5,897 of 11,822
Not only wider/deeper but more detailed and with better imaging and layering. Ananda is like a stripped down, more skeletal sounding version of the Arya. Where Ananda gives you and excellent but basic skeletal structure of the music, the Arya fills in the details to a much greater degree.

Are you talking about the Stealth Arya? Because that allegedly has the gimped soundstage vs the V2 Arya. But you're saying that even the Stealth Arya has a better soundstage than the Ananda?

Nov 14, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #5,898 of 11,822
Are you talking about the Stealth Arya? Because that allegedly has the gimped soundstage vs the V2 Arya. But you're saying that even the Stealth Arya has a better soundstage than the Ananda?
To me, Ananda and SE very similar, just abit more low end rumble for Arya where the ananda need a good seal to get a good bass.

Nov 14, 2021 at 7:09 PM Post #5,899 of 11,822
Yes, IMO even the SE has better sound-staging than Ananda, but not to the degree that the v2's do. Still, the SE's imaging, layering, and bass are quite a bit better than the Ananda. I still listen to the Ananda sometimes, along with the Arya.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #5,900 of 11,822
You can benefit from a DAC/AMp if your DAP is lower level regardless of the impedance. If you have something like DX300 / Lotoo Paw 6K / SE180, you probably don't need a DAC/AMP, or rather it won't improve your experience that much.

I would not get Hugo 2 with no TypeC in 2021, they are making a Mojo 2 with TypeC to be released at the beginning of next year, and around that price there are some great other options too :)

I personally have been using the Cyrus One Cast ridiculously much lately, I like how it sounds and works as the main DAC/AMP for my PC .
what do you know about the Mojo 2? :L3000:

Nov 15, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #5,901 of 11,822
what do you know about the Mojo 2? :L3000:

Not much to be honest, just what everyone knows so far, it should have Type-C, and should be a worthy successor of the Mojo. There's not much other info going around at this point, even I have no other info that would be interesting. Wish I could review it when it is launched.

Nov 15, 2021 at 7:32 PM Post #5,903 of 11,822
Oh wait, can the Arya Stealth be driven with my SE180? No dac/amp needed? I'll buy this thing right now if that's the case !
I would think that it would be just fine! Especially balanced.

Nov 16, 2021 at 3:05 AM Post #5,904 of 11,822
Not much to be honest, just what everyone knows so far, it should have Type-C, and should be a worthy successor of the Mojo. There's not much other info going around at this point, even I have no other info that would be interesting. Wish I could review it when it is launched.
I saw your great review of the Arya Stealth on YouTube. Good job....

Nov 16, 2021 at 6:54 AM Post #5,908 of 11,822
Hi forum!

Recently Ive bought a Arya v2.
My question is about I've got the necessary power to move them. Im moving via 4.4 balanced from my matrix i-mini 3 pro (2W of powa)

I need to get an amp for better experience, or this is enough juicy to them?

Thanks in advance.

Nov 16, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #5,909 of 11,822
Hi forum!

Recently Ive bought a Arya v2.
My question is about I've got the necessary power to move them. Im moving via 4.4 balanced from my matrix i-mini 3 pro (2W of powa)

I need to get an amp for better experience, or this is enough juicy to them?

Thanks in advance.
That seems like it's just enough power but personally I'd like to have a little more on tap. That's a great looking unit. I'd like to hear more about it

Nov 16, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #5,910 of 11,822
Doesn't seem to be a unanimous consensus so far that the Stealth edition is indeed narrower/shallower in soundstage than the non-Stealth versions. So far, it's Josh Valour, and some of you guys saying that it's the case - but there's SoundNews, Passion For Sound, The Headphone Show (Andrew), The Honest Audiophile and Dobrescu George saying that either there's no significant difference, or in fact the Stealth version has more soundstage than the non-Stealth version...

Not sure who to believe...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back