HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jul 11, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #4,187 of 11,863
Anyone have any idea how long I should expect the ear pads to last under normal use? And how easy are they to replace? I'm pretty careful with my cans in general, but I do tend to shift them around on my ears pretty frequently. Just a habit I guess.

Jul 11, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #4,188 of 11,863
I'm about to pull the trigger on the new Fix Lab FA-22. It will be around 780 US with shipping and PayPal fees. Any other Class A amp with the same/more power and for the same/less price that you guys would recommend?
Gustard H20 can be on your list too.

Jul 11, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #4,189 of 11,863
Anyone have any idea how long I should expect the ear pads to last under normal use? And how easy are they to replace? I'm pretty careful with my cans in general, but I do tend to shift them around on my ears pretty frequently. Just a habit I guess.
Replacement is fairly easy, about lifetime can't say.

Jul 11, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #4,191 of 11,863
I second this as long as you are prepared to fiddle with it.
Is really good in stock, but can be pushed a few levels higher when needed.

Jul 11, 2021 at 12:32 PM Post #4,193 of 11,863
I've very sensitive hearing it seems. :frowning2: When I put Arya out of my head after 2+ hours there should be no "beeep" tone left in my ears... = no fatigue. The gain switch is useless on my unit too, so no difference. I've stock OP AMPs installed.
@misternoe I'm puzzling with this. Can you please tell me what is your usual listening level with Qudelix5k when source volume is maxed out? I'm listening BT LDAC connected V30, V30 volume maxed out and in Qudelix app I've set -22db volume level. When you apply -22db is it too quiet for you?

Thank you!

Jul 11, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #4,195 of 11,863
Jul 11, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #4,197 of 11,863
@migo

ha, I like you very much just for that haha Most Arya owners would never consider even trying, because the idea alone would be hilarious. Also impressive, that it comes with system wide P. EQ.
It's that I've not much time to sit and listen to the music. :frowning2: Qudelix is phenomenal device for its form factor, features and price! It has enough power (balanced in performance mode) to drive Arya. But it is not 100% on level with Gustard setup that I've now, but it cant be (due BT LDAC, DAC implementation and so on...), but difference is nowhere equivalent to price or weight :) difference. Only very careful listening reveals those additional details, mostly in crowded passages of songs and in top details. I must say that I'm really enjoying my Arya with Qudelix! But was curious about those enhancements that brings fully balanced setup (that I have now) that I've read here about. I've tried it because I can and wanted to know that "truth". I'm not blown away by that differences it brings. One can argue that I need to spend more money for my setup maybe 10k$ to really feel that difference in sound...

For changing Qudelix5k for Gustard H20 + X26PRO I've gained maybe 5% of fidelity and lost that freedom do go to the toilet and need not to stop listening to the music! :) But yeah :) that are our choices... :)

Jul 11, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #4,198 of 11,863
I'm over forty so not so young too :) My H20 is secondhand but unused so it has maybe 6hours on and DAC is new so it has less than 3h on, H20 seller has second one and said to me, that burn in period is more than 60h and he has SA200 in its own H20 and is blown away from difference to stock OP AMPs. I cant hear any difference in sound after 1h of listening so far.
But overall it seems to me to be not that BIG step in SQ compared to Qudelix5k or LG V30 in HIM. Can it be due my low listening levels and all this subpar equipment operates in its very comfort zone and shortcomings come not into play? I've not the time to listen do desktop setup now :frowning2: only half a hour or so per day.
Put it (and Arya too if new-ish) on a loop of pink noise overnight for a few nights to burn in both. Turn it up to just slightly higher than regular listening volume. Should notice that both have subtle changes after about 50hrs (Arya changes more than H20). Arya will be smoother and wider/more layered, and better bass. I also notice that my H20 is kind of anemic when I first turn it on. When it warms up well (15-30 mins) it sounds really full, smooth. Seems to get louder too. Don't know why.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #4,199 of 11,863
@migo

Glad you tried! Sounds pretty good. Had a desktop setup as well at first, but as you said, being able to move around is brings freedom, but i can understand to set up a more fancy permanent station to enhance the overall experience :L3000:

Was also thinking to get a real tube amp + dac for strong different flavor, but I don't really want to listen to two different sound signatures and miss one or another haha

Jul 11, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #4,200 of 11,863
@migo

Glad you tried! Sounds pretty good. Had a desktop setup as well at first, but as you said, being able to move around is brings freedom, but i can understand to set up a more fancy permanent station to enhance the overall experience :L3000:

Was also thinking to get a real tube amp + dac for strong different flavor, but I don't really want to listen to two different sound signatures and miss one or another haha
Won't miss any sounds if you plug one system in one ear, the other in the other ear, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back