HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
May 27, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #3,841 of 11,867
Choose your system carefully with the Arya.

I have been listening for a while using the SPL Phonitor xe (and internal DAC), very accurate studio equipment. With excellent recordings the system is amazing, outstanding transparency of details. Otherwise, high frequencies get really fatigueing.

Now the Arya and Chord's Hugo 2 give me a sublime combination.

A good DAC and class A amp would be my recommendation.
Chord does not have balanced options huh?

May 27, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #3,843 of 11,867
Last edited:
May 29, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #3,852 of 11,867
I'm still experiencing harshness/piercing with the Arya even on a tube amp like Cayin HA-1A MK2 (although not as bad as on A90), is there anything else I can do apart from EQ?
If it's burned in and plugged to a tube amp and it still sounds "harsh" to you, Arya just isn't the headphone for you. Try Audeze maybe, they tend to have a darker sound signature than Hifiman.

May 29, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #3,853 of 11,867
Or if you're at your wits end, try cutting a thin piece of light felt or open cell foam and insert it in each ear cup pad openings ala Aeon Flow headphones. Not too thick, however, as it may touch your ears while wearing the HPs. Who knows, it might take a bit of the edge off for you.

Of course, there's always EQ, if that's something you're not opposed to doing.

Last edited:
May 29, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #3,854 of 11,867
If it's burned in and plugged to a tube amp and it still sounds "harsh" to you, Arya just isn't the headphone for you. Try Audeze maybe, they tend to have a darker sound signature than Hifiman.
Well my other headphone is a ZMF Atticus so I'm covered in terms of warm/bassy signature, literally the only issue I'm having with the Aryas are that "s" sounds are just a little too piercing especially at high volumes, everything else about the headphone I really like. I've only had the Arya for about 2 weeks though so do you think the issue would become less of a problem with more burn-in?

May 29, 2021 at 9:27 PM Post #3,855 of 11,867
Well my other headphone is a ZMF Atticus so I'm covered in terms of warm/bassy signature, literally the only issue I'm having with the Aryas are that "s" sounds are just a little too piercing especially at high volumes, everything else about the headphone I really like. I've only had the Arya for about 2 weeks though so do you think the issue would become less of a problem with more burn-in?
Try this, it's what I use sometimes when I want to calm her down a little.

1622338000992.png

Users who are viewing this thread

• HWB3
Back