HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Apr 17, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #3,481 of 11,863
Send them and e-nail and see what they can do for you.

I will say that I have not missed my Anandas one bit since getting Arya. 😉
Arya ages like godlike wine, it is a pleasure to use them every single time.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2021 at 6:56 PM Post #3,482 of 11,863
I’d say it all boils down to the gear, I can easily say that I prefer the Arya’s on my thx amp over the adi 2...and I appreciate them even more off of my singxer sa-1 amp...makes me really wanna explore different amps...the Arya’s are very good at showing you what gear is doing what
I also prefered them clearly over the Ananda.
However for him the difference between the two headphones on the adi2 was not Big enough, so I consider it possible that the difference between the amps is also not enough for him.

Apr 17, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #3,483 of 11,863
I use Arya on a custom built Incubus and a Schiit Lyr 3. It is absolutely wonderful on either since the amps provide plenty of power.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021 at 2:48 AM Post #3,484 of 11,863
For those who have tried multiple amp pairings with the Arya: what’s your favourite so far?

Apr 18, 2021 at 4:18 AM Post #3,485 of 11,863
I have a pair of Arya's coming today, am looking forward to hearing how they compare to HD800S and Focal Clears.

Apr 18, 2021 at 5:45 AM Post #3,486 of 11,863
For those who have tried multiple amp pairings with the Arya: what’s your favourite so far?
I had already owned the Drop THX AAA 789 amp when I purchased the Arya and it was a pairing that I enjoyed. After looking at Arya reviews and reading I started seeing where people were saying the Arya sounded better with more powerful amps. I read it somewhere where that the Sabaj D5 specifically sounded better than the 789. I purchased the Sabaj D5 and didn't notice the improvement. I saw the Phonitor X on sale one day and decided to take the plunge. The Arya paired with the Phonitor X is nothing short of amazing. Especially when you put the dip switches 1 and 2 to high gain on the Phonitor X. The sound is so holographic that it is mind blowing. The drawback though is the pairing reveals flaws in recordings. Funk and R&B are my favorite genres of music and you quickly realize how awful a lot of your favorite songs are recorded. Phil Collins early stuff and Steely Dan has to be heard to be believed. I should also add that the DAC that I use is the S.M.S.L. su-8 run balanced. I have been considering purchasing a better DAC. Suggestions anyone?

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #3,487 of 11,863
No - I actually traded them in towards Arya. I reached out to Hifiman customer service via email and asked if they had a trade-in program and they did. I received a VERY GOOD trade-in value on mine.
Did you return Ananda and they gave you a discount on Arya? May I know how much you had to pay?

How much do you think they are better than Ananda?

Would Chord Mojo have enough power to drive Arya well?

Apr 18, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #3,488 of 11,863
Generally speaking Arya sounds best if driven from amps with LPS (Gustard H16, Questyle 1200, Jot2) rather than SMPS amps (Topping A90, SMSL 400, THX 789 etc.). Most transformer coupled tube amps and some OTL also complement Arya very well.

When I said best, I mean for my taste. I like fleshed out sound with full body and texture. In no way am I implying that listed SMPS amps are bad. If you like more crisp and forward sound than SMPS are your game.

Apr 18, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #3,490 of 11,863
Jotunheim 2 with no doubt, I have Singxer SA-1 and I need to go high-gain in order to move Arya properly while Jot 2 moves it effortlessly with normal gain at 12 o'clock.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #3,491 of 11,863
I have a pair of Arya's coming today, am looking forward to hearing how they compare to HD800S and Focal Clears.

Have these now, I really like the look and feel of these and they fit very comfortably also. Literally only 30 minutes listen, what strikes me so far (other than the need to dial my Sennheiser HDV820 DAC/Amp to almost 70% of the volume dial) is how differently placed vocals sound compared to my HD800S. They feel so close and I am not yet used to the change as yet. Will be giving these a better run tomorrow.

Apr 18, 2021 at 5:22 PM Post #3,492 of 11,863
Did you return Ananda and they gave you a discount on Arya? May I know how much you had to pay?

How much do you think they are better than Ananda?

Would Chord Mojo have enough power to drive Arya well?
I returned them to HFM as part of the upgrade. I paid the difference between the then established list / selling price which if I recall correctly was $999 for Ananda and $1599 for Arya - so $600 for the upgrade. Not sure if upgrades are offered any longer (may have been a limited time thing) and I am certainly not saying that they will give a full credit towards any upgrade, just that they did for me.

Can't speak about how well they would do with a Mojo, but I suspect the amp section is likely not enough to fully exploit the Arya's capabilities.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #3,494 of 11,863
Valhalla 2 (with the right tubes) and Arya make for a surprisingly capable combo. 👍

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back