HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Mar 8, 2021 at 10:10 PM Post #3,271 of 11,850
I really do enjoy the Arya's. They are super comfortable, detailed and fun. I find myself reaching for them frequently.

Mar 8, 2021 at 10:12 PM Post #3,272 of 11,850
Oddly, or perhaps sadly, I even use them for work calls. I plug them into the Dragonfly and use them during Zoom/Teams meetings. :xf_eek:

Mar 9, 2021 at 12:57 AM Post #3,273 of 11,850
Absolutely, they're both amazing I'd choose Valhalla 2 over Topping A90 (I sold it, waiting to receive Jotunheim 2) with eyes closed. The musicality of tubes and the monster detail, soundstage, texture of instruments provided by Arya... Amazing and cheap.
I see you are in Europe. Where did you order the Jotunheim from? I can't seem to find it anywhere inside the EU.

Mar 9, 2021 at 12:59 AM Post #3,274 of 11,850
As far as the Arya goes, it’s a really well rounded headphone. Some say it can be bright and while I kind of agree, it’s really rare that I find it bright. When you think of a headphone checklist (i.e bass, mids, treble, image, soundstage...etc) you’ll be hard pressed to find a set with more checks than the Arya, while other headphones can do certain things better, you get a satisfying amount of EVERYTHING with the Arya. As far as dac/amp combos go, I have the RME and 887, the RME is a bit too sterile on its own and I know the 887 is known to be similar in its presentation but i swear it’s a bit smoother and more lush to my ears. Great thing about the RME tho is the onboard EQ if your into that type of stuff, it works really well. Anyhow, hope this helps, Good luck!
I think the only model they sell that would out-resolve the Aryas, is the HE-1000, at a much higher cost. Aryas also out-resolve the Audeze LCD-3s (which is the headphone I had replaced them with). For dynamics, like kick drums, I would say Audeze has the edge.

I have the THX 887 amp as well, and I've used three different headphones with it, and now IEMs: I find it to be rather neutral, and treat it like a "straight wire with gain": it just sits back, and lets the sonic character of the headphones show itself. Warm drivers sounded warm. Cold, clinical drivers sounded cold and clinical.

Mar 9, 2021 at 3:51 AM Post #3,275 of 11,850
I see you are in Europe. Where did you order the Jotunheim from? I can't seem to find it anywhere inside the EU.
Directly from Schiit . com using USPS Priority Express (100% insured) + customs, total might be 465€ aprox. Cheap imo when you come from god tier measurement amp-empty soul device.

Oddly, or perhaps sadly, I even use them for work calls. I plug them into the Dragonfly and use them during Zoom/Teams meetings. :xf_eek:
That is love.

Mar 9, 2021 at 6:31 AM Post #3,276 of 11,850
Sorry this has probably been asked before but how is the clamp force of the Arya compared to Ananda? I currently have the Ananda's and they clamp quite a bit more than for example my Focal Clears.

Mar 9, 2021 at 7:07 AM Post #3,277 of 11,850
Sorry this has probably been asked before but how is the clamp force of the Arya compared to Ananda? I currently have the Ananda's and they clamp quite a bit more than for example my Focal Clears.
Arya was and are supremely comfortable, but I do not have your head obviously :slight_smile:

Mar 9, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #3,278 of 11,850
Do you know if the denon d9200 cables (3,5mm at cups) is compatible with Arya connectors (also 3.5mm) or if there is different polarity or something else? Ty

Mar 9, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #3,279 of 11,850
I have both Arya and Clear and Arya is more comfortable, little pressure around the ears. Clear is also comfortable but your ears might touch the pads

Mar 9, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #3,280 of 11,850
Hi, I can compare only Ananda BT with Arya and Ananda BT is for me more comfortable and has less clamping force than Arya. I've smaler and narower head shape, but solved it by bending head bridge a bit to relax produced force. Here is my (I know, ugly as ... :) BT setup for moveing around house...

EDIT 7.4.2021 I've ordered Ultra pads out of curiosity. When I've pressed them between fingers first time I was disappointed, they feel exactly like Serenity pads. But after 5 listening hours they make BIG difference in comfort! Ultra pads adopts much better to head shape and now I can listen to my Arya HP for hours without repositioning them or even touching them. :) Thank you for this advice!

20210309_153840.jpg

I was disappointed by sound compared to Ananda BT first. The sound stage was smaller than on Anada BT, was surprised how can it be, than I've enabled High Power mode (4 VRMS) on Qudelix 5k and sound stage opened nicely. :) Sound is more organic, detailed and smoother with this combo compared to Ananda BT, so at the end I'm happy with this upgrade. Now, I've to find me good desktop setup to unlock full potential from Aryas...

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #3,281 of 11,850
I have both Arya and Clear and Arya is more comfortable, little pressure around the ears. Clear is also comfortable but your ears might touch the pads
Will you please describe your impression of Clear vs. Arya

Mar 9, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #3,282 of 11,850
Will you please describe your impression of Clear vs. Arya
At first I was about to sell the Clear due to the lack of details and soundstage compared to
Arya but I gave it a chance and I felt in love with its bass and dynamism with electronic music and complex songs where it really shines and complements really well the Arya

I use them both depending on what I'm going to listen to where I always pick Arya for orchestral and opera, music recorded in big stages and Clear mostly for electronic music where bass and sub bass gets you into the music in an amazing way

I recommend both of them, Arya is better overall but can't do the things Clear does in low frequencies also the Clear EQed is a total different headphone

Hope I could help I can't express in a better technical way and I also can say I'd love to compare HE1000SE to Utopia and have them both :)

Mar 9, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #3,283 of 11,850
At first I was about to sell the Clear due to the lack of details and soundstage compared to
Arya but I gave it a chance and I felt in love with its bass and dynamism with electronic music and co

mplex songs where it really shines and complements really well the Arya

I use them both depending on what I'm going to listen to where I always pick Arya for orchestral and opera, music recorded in big stages and Clear mostly for electronic music where bass and sub bass gets you into the music in an amazing way

I recommend both of them, Arya is better overall but can't do the things Clear does in low frequencies also the Clear EQed is a total different headphone

Hope I could help I can't express in a better technical way and I also can say I'd love to compare HE1000SE to Utopia and have them both :)

If you think the Focal Clears sound good with electronic music, you should it on an Audeze.. :) Clears were my first good headphones, and the Aryas my second, and Audeze LCD-3 my third. I felt the Clears and the Aryas had equivalent resolution. Aryas were slightly warmer. LCD-3s were warmer still.

HiFiMan does make you pay a lot more to get better sound in the HE-1000 or the Susvara. Utopia is a "technical" headphone.

Mar 10, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #3,284 of 11,850
Just delivered ... beatiful huge cups , didnt think so huge. Spaciousness is incredible, definition too. Seems really great. D90+A90+Qobuz, will try with the other dac / amp next days.... now I just want to enjoy the Arya. Cheers!!!!

Attachments

• zzs.jpg
    zzs.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 0
  • zzt.jpg
    zzt.jpg
    892.8 KB · Views: 0
Mar 11, 2021 at 12:32 PM Post #3,285 of 11,850
I need some AMP/DAC advice. I just got my Arya and they sound amazing, but I am currently running them off of a Modi/Magni stack. While they work and the Magni should be putting out enough SE power. I can't help but feel like I am putting regular unleaded into my new super car. Surely it wouldn't be so easy or everyone would just run them off of $100 amps and dacs. But I have a few issues I don't want to go broke and I need them to be small. Usually life is basicly living out of a suitcase and I should be moving between countries soon so I can't do 8lbs of giant stacks. Budget is about $750 for both items. I am looking at a a50s/d50s, a30pro/d30pro, smsl sh-9/su-9, something in this range. My other baby is a Solaris 2020 so I really want the stack to play well with them also. I only have the factory Ayra cable so worrying about a balanced stack adds the cost of new cables as well. I am normally a IEM/DAP guy so this new headphone stuff is killing me at the moment. There are no hifi stores anywhere near me so I can't demo anything. Is the Modi/Magni holding back my Arya?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back