HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Dec 25, 2019 at 9:16 PM Post #1,457 of 11,865
Watch the 46 audio youtube review of the aeon 2 and that's exactly what I thought of the flow so I'm guessing the new ones are just a bit more refined

Dec 25, 2019 at 9:31 PM Post #1,458 of 11,865
Watch the 46 audio youtube review of the aeon 2 and that's exactly what I thought of the flow so I'm guessing the new ones are just a bit more refined
You mean a commerical review from a business entity would give other than promotional information? I didn't get anything out of this besides the usual usage of lush, silky, bla bla. And she keeps saying balanced that, balanced this. Of course it is... The so called 'review' hasn't told me anything. It's not a real review or an opinion.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2019 at 9:32 PM Post #1,459 of 11,865
Silverear what gear are you using with the arya? I always loved the Cavalli audio stuff before drop took over so I'm considering the drop liquid carbob . I remember them having amazing true to life textural colors.

Dec 25, 2019 at 9:35 PM Post #1,461 of 11,865
Well take from it what you will. I saw it as a negative review as she stated traits that I know I dont like. She described the sound exactly what I remember the originals which I know I wanted to like but ultimately didn't so when I saw this review I immediately forgot it

Dec 25, 2019 at 9:37 PM Post #1,462 of 11,865
Well take from it what you will. I saw it as a negative review as she stated traits that I know I dont like. She described the sound exactly what I remember the originals which I know I wanted to like but ultimately didn't so when I saw this review I immediately forgot it

Yes, I wish someone does a detailed review especially with comparison to the earlier model and similar other headphones in this price range. Seems like the reviewer have not spent as much time with the headphones and had already made up their mind. But, thanks for digging up the review.

Dec 25, 2019 at 9:50 PM Post #1,463 of 11,865
Yes, I wish someone does a detailed review especially with comparison to the earlier model and similar other headphones in this price range. Seems like the reviewer have not spent as much time with the headphones and had already made up their mind. But, thanks for digging up the review.
I too cant believe there's no direct comparisons between the old and new aeons. It's like the thought has been deleted from the internet. That's why when I saw the 46 audio review I was able to draw the conclusion that it's basically still an aeon but refined. Again, if I was wealthier I would own one but as an only headphone I dont want all my music to sound like jazz

Dec 25, 2019 at 9:57 PM Post #1,464 of 11,865
Arya vs aeon, while I haven't heard arya myself I'd bet off of what I've read and knowledge of aeon that I can make a COUPLE comparisons and that might make me sound like a noob but it's something. The comparisons from my take were enough to steer me toward ARYA
Arya much bigger sounding, much faster, more resolving and more transparent.
Still kind of curious on the bass of the arya bit when my ananda gets here I'll probably have a better idea

Dec 25, 2019 at 10:27 PM Post #1,465 of 11,865
I would advise just keep the Arya, and don't even get into HE6.
I didn't expect that, haha. Why though? What do I look at if not that?

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2019 at 12:44 AM Post #1,466 of 11,865
I too cant believe there's no direct comparisons between the old and new aeons. It's like the thought has been deleted from the internet. That's why when I saw the 46 audio review I was able to draw the conclusion that it's basically still an aeon but refined. Again, if I was wealthier I would own one but as an only headphone I dont want all my music to sound like jazz

ha ha! I know. Spent some time looking for reviews, and this is nice: although it's going to be a bit biased towards the newer model since it's him reviewing the headphones. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kOhiml7fCU

Dec 26, 2019 at 1:53 AM Post #1,467 of 11,865
Arya vs aeon, while I haven't heard arya myself I'd bet off of what I've read and knowledge of aeon that I can make a COUPLE comparisons and that might make me sound like a noob but it's something. The comparisons from my take were enough to steer me toward ARYA
Arya much bigger sounding, much faster, more resolving and more transparent.
Still kind of curious on the bass of the arya bit when my ananda gets here I'll probably have a better idea

I cannot compare on the Arya and Flow, but I did use the Ananda which I did enjoy but when I got the Arya I knew it was a better headphone for me overall. First the bass reaches down into lower frequencies than the Ananda, midrange is forward on the Ananda(so if you like that you will probably like the Ananda midrange a lot because it did sound nice) but there was higher midrange and or lower treble sharpness that would get to me on some poorer tracks. Where as in the Arya does have those nitpicks and just sounds a more coherent with overall better balance(also found them more comfortable, but to each his own).

Now with the Arya and the Drop liquid carbon amp, I believe it is a good setup for the money. I personally have a Denafrips Ares DAC and Liquid carbon amp and really like the pairing with the Arya. Sounds detailed but also has nice weight in the notes and I dont get caught up looking for details and such I just really enjoy what I am listening to. I hope that helps, and this isnt to say the Arya does scale well because I think it does so if you have more to spend there maybe some better options for not too much more but for the price it is hard to between the pairing.

Dec 26, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #1,468 of 11,865
ha ha! I know. Spent some time looking for reviews, and this is nice: although it's going to be a bit biased towards the newer model since it's him reviewing the headphones. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kOhiml7fCU
Wow I guess I started watching that when it first came out and stopped half way through. Good insight into the new headphone and now I worry I chose the wrong path. Now I'm contemplating canceling this ananda order to go aeon 2c. sob

Dec 26, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #1,469 of 11,865
Wow I guess I started watching that when it first came out and stopped half way through. Good insight into the new headphone and now I worry I chose the wrong path. Now I'm contemplating canceling this ananda order to go aeon 2c. sob
Why would you chose closed back instead open back headphone? If you don't need sound isolation, aeon 2 open is real alternative, no?

Dec 26, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #1,470 of 11,865
Why would you chose closed back instead open back headphone? If you don't need sound isolation, aeon 2 open is real alternative, no?
I actually prefer the presentation of closed back. I find most open back hard to create colors and textures without a ridiculous setup and even then I find them easier to see when they're coming from a black background rather than ambient space. Also I will use these with gaming so if I can block out my kids from hearing my friend swearing I will

Users who are viewing this thread

Back