HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Dec 23, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #1,426 of 11,866
Better is subjective but Audeze have visceral muscle hit bass and HiFiMAN still nice planar bass but less visceral in more readable air way. I would say HiFiMAN more natural correct and Audeze maybe for someone nicer.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #1,427 of 11,866
Better is subjective but Audeze have visceral muscle hit bass and HiFiMAN still nice planar bass but less visceral in more readable air way. I would say HiFiMAN more natural correct and Audeze maybe for someone nicer.
I'd argue that the bass of a properly amp'd HE-6 (speaker taps) is more visceral (not by much) than any of the Audeze headphones that I've tried (my LCD-2 rev. 1, LCD-2F, and LCD-4).

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2019 at 6:16 PM Post #1,430 of 11,866
I agree with most of what’s said about the HE-6/HE6se’s. They do bass a lot differently than Hifiman’s current lineup. The HE6se that I own hits hard no doubt. But the Susvara’s when driven right hits just as hard and does sub bass a lot better than the HE6se’s. I was using the Pro iCan as a preamp for my Burson Timekeeper power amp. I turned the XBass+ to second setting and the bass was thumping, deep, layered with plenty of definition. It’s the best bass I’ve heard out of a headphone to date.

I also think that the HEK V2’s does sub bass better than the HE6se’s. This why I have some interest in Arya. They have some similarities to the HEK V2’s.

Dec 23, 2019 at 11:10 PM Post #1,431 of 11,866
What could have better bass than the Arya other than LCD-4 and the Susvara?

The delivery of bass by the big cup HFM's leave a lot of people unimpressed with the impact factor. Just because unlike most cans they go down flat under 20 Hz doesn't mean that they have supreme bass. Of the people I talk too on-line or in person that really know the score on HFM's will tell you HE-6's have better bass then the HEX, Arya, Ananda, and at least the HEK v1.

I can state that the HE-500's which don't go down nearly as low as the HEX v2, have impact and body that's a good deal more real - IMO.

Arya is a very excellent can, but its not SOTA.

EDIT ADD: Given the example of HE-6 I know vs the HE6SE I own - the 6SE has very nice bass - but does not slam with the same impact as the HE-6 (given the same equipment and same recordings). There is nothing wrong with the 6SE bass but its not the same - regardless of the objective evidence (graphs on line), and a close examination of both physically proves with ease that HFM's marketing claims that they are same is simply incorrect (or a bald lie) - take your pick.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #1,432 of 11,866
Well as much as I wanted an arya I was a little shy in funds as I had a $1k amazon limit so had to settle for an open box anand . I figure It will give me a taste if the overall way the arya will display sound and if I like it I can always sell and upgrade later

Dec 24, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #1,433 of 11,866
In my opinion, you could have done far worse than Ananda, but...

The Arya is a pretty sizable difference in over-all sound. Consider Ananda a small taste of what the Arya has in store. Going from an Ananda to Arya, I can definitely say that the difference was pretty notable and significant. This was despite my thinking -- "Ananda sounds great! How much better can Arya really be over Ananda?" Enjoy!!

Dec 24, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #1,434 of 11,866
Thank y'all for the advices. Different time zone here.

Currently, I can only afford my Emotiva A-100 as a speaker/headphone amp (with jumpers) at the moment, and I actually own it alongside with the iFi Micro (portable) and D30 (dac). I do not know how revealing highs and/or how visceral and impactful the bass on HE-6 can be with the A-100 amp or the setting I have. And, I assume y'all are talking about the 4-screw HE-6 and not the 6-screw here. Don't know how much of a difference between those two are.

I have the LCD-3F (which is very good but Arya is the first headphone that actually made me like/enjoy the highs) also but I kinda like the resolution and clarity of the Arya better. It's bass, despite a little less like some of y'all pointed out, has a very good quality from my little experience of the "headphone rabbit-hole domain". What I am looking for is a headphone that has a very good speaker quality bass. If y'all heard the Premium Reference series then I am talking about something like that while, perhaps, not spending a diamond. That said, I assume that the quantity can be attained through EQ for further satisfaction if required.

All in all, a fantastic bass [quality, quantity (through EQ without any distortion?), extention, and texture] along with well resolving mids and highs. Don't forget a wide soundstage too.
I think I am being a little greedy there....haha.

Dec 24, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #1,435 of 11,866
Thank y'all for the advices. Different time zone here.

Currently, I can only afford my Emotiva A-100 as a speaker/headphone amp (with jumpers) at the moment, and I actually own it alongside with the iFi Micro (portable) and D30 (dac). I do not know how revealing highs and/or how visceral and impactful the bass on HE-6 can be with the A-100 amp or the setting I have. And, I assume y'all are talking about the 4-screw HE-6 and not the 6-screw here. Don't know how much of a difference between those two are.

I have the LCD-3F (which is very good but Arya is the first headphone that actually made me like/enjoy the highs) also but I kinda like the resolution and clarity of the Arya better. It's bass, despite a little less like some of y'all pointed out, has a very good quality from my little experience of the "headphone rabbit-hole domain". What I am looking for is a headphone that has a very good speaker quality bass. If y'all heard the Premium Reference series then I am talking about something like that while, perhaps, not spending a diamond. That said, I assume that the quantity can be attained through EQ for further satisfaction if required.

All in all, a fantastic bass [quality, quantity (through EQ without any distortion?), extention, and texture] along with well resolving mids and highs. Don't forget a wide soundstage too.
I think I am being a little greedy there....haha.
I always found Audeze can lacking in resolution. For what you pay for, I expect high resolution. Like LCDi4 for example is 2.5k retail, and they fix it with EQ, which is detrimental to real resolution. Stock it's terrible fuzzy mess.

Dec 24, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #1,436 of 11,866
I dont doubt that lol and thanks for making me sad about it lol . Ive owned quite a few high end headphones in the past so I know how good the summit fi sound can get. I'm extremely picky but I really wanted something asap lol. I come in and out of the hobby and what pulled me in this time is I got a note 10+ and the akg iems that came with it were pretty good and I found myself listening to music In bed with them. I figured I'd check out the next tier up in the akg line and bought an n40 hybrid. It didn't sound good but could tell it was technically better. Bought a mojo for it and still found the original to me way more enjoyable. Then I upgrade to amiron wireless. I quite liked the headphone but found some major flaws I just couldn't deal with. I actually wanted to just upgrade from that but ultimately decided to go this route because I love planar . I will never buy another audeze or ZMF full size again because I never wore them because of their size. Reading that the new hifiman were large sound stage and extremely fast and that it wasn't a behemoth made me go this route.
I'm hoping the ananda is detailed enough for now and when I upgrade from ananda I get my favorite aspects which are detailed microdynamics, transparency and overall coherent sound.
Also I'm sure when I get arya it will be more transparent and I'll find myself getting rid of mojo. It's a good device that is technically pretty awesome but it's not very transparent. I find it has a certain lackluster quality to it that makes all songs have similar trait. Had that issue with my hugo2 also.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #1,437 of 11,866
LOL!! It was not my intent to diminish Ananda at the expense of Arya -- they are both very nice cans. Honestly, I do NOT think you will be disappointed in the detail Ananda delivers. I was never unhappy with Ananda -- just kinda blown away by Arya. :wink:

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #1,438 of 11,866
Deleted double post...

Dec 24, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #1,439 of 11,866
I always found Audeze can lacking in resolution. For what you pay for, I expect high resolution. Like LCDi4 for example is 2.5k retail, and they fix it with EQ, which is detrimental to real resolution. Stock it's terrible fuzzy mess.
I really hope that isn't the case with the LCD-4's. They're the top of the line, that are known to have one of the best bass quality if not the best one, which I may buy a used one in the future to try out.

What boggles me more is that the eStats like Kaldas RR1, L70, etc., are the opposite. They are very cheap, relatively, and sound too good from what I've heard.

Dec 24, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #1,440 of 11,866
I really hope that isn't the case with the LCD-4's. They're the top of the line, that are known to have one of the best bass quality if not the best one, which I may buy a used one in the future to try out.

What boggles me more is that the eStats like Kaldas RR1, L70, etc., are the opposite. They are very cheap, relatively, and sound too good from what I've heard.
Well, so was the 3 before the 4. The question is, did the performance really live up to the hype? I don't find 3 did.

Is 4Z regarded worse than 4? I found 4Z more interesting, and likely due to bass. This was based on short demo, so I can't be concrete. I think what I read mainly is the Audeze bass is what people tend to regard well. Their upper frequencies are not all that well regarded.

When I got the 3 awhile back, I wasn't that impressed, and I could believe it was the can that was under so much hype, and we all know who was riding it. Same guys riding the Headamp GSX threads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back