HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jun 28, 2022 at 8:23 PM Post #7,772 of 11,863
Susvara is a much more dynamic headphone, much more natural sounding, bass more present, cymbals more shimmer. Details easier to hear… almost information overload. The Arya wins in soundstage only.

Yeah that natural sound is that timbre I mentioned and its great, but to me its just not enough of a difference to justify keeping it. I think the bass is equal in quality and extension, but I think the arya's larger driver helps with more impact.

Someone in one of those totl threads likened the susvara to being a super hd650 because of that natural timbre, but with better soundstage, separation, bass and all that jazz. I would agree with that assessment.

Jun 28, 2022 at 8:57 PM Post #7,773 of 11,863
Yeah that natural sound is that timbre I mentioned and its great, but to me its just not enough of a difference to justify keeping it. I think the bass is equal in quality and extension, but I think the arya's larger driver helps with more impact.

Someone in one of those totl threads likened the susvara to being a super hd650 because of that natural timbre, but with better soundstage, separation, bass and all that jazz. I would agree with that assessment.
I can respect this sentiment. My regular listening rotates 4 headphones.... Arya v2, HE6se, Heddphone, and Susvara and because I listen to these so much I was compelled to respond to your other post. Didn't mean to piss on anyone's parade. As I have said the Arya V2 are great and should be getting the Stealth version soon.

Jun 28, 2022 at 9:23 PM Post #7,774 of 11,863
I can respect this sentiment. My regular listening rotates 4 headphones.... Arya v2, HE6se, Heddphone, and Susvara and because I listen to these so much I was compelled to respond to your other post. Didn't mean to piss on anyone's parade. As I have said the Arya V2 are great and should be getting the Stealth version soon.

Its no problem sir, I never have felt offended by people expressing their thoughts on headphones ! ;p

Jun 28, 2022 at 10:45 PM Post #7,775 of 11,863

Amazing. All it takes is $6000 to finally get an upgrade to the $200 HD6XX 😂 Seems about right

Jun 29, 2022 at 2:36 AM Post #7,776 of 11,863
It's funny you say that, that's exactly how I feel about the Arya V2.

In fact there's only a handful of headphones that I feel like is a must have in my collection. HD650 being one of them, and now the Arya.

Although, the Arya technically beats it in almost every way. There's just still something about the HD650. Maybe it's the sweet musicality in how it translates music or the warm chocolate mids? The only other headphone I must have is a pair of Grados for their timbre and acoustic/rock.

On another note, the EF400 isn't a very detailed DAC, but it's very musical sounding and the synergy with the Arya's is just amazing (as expected). I think I'm gonna keep it after all. :jecklinsmile:

Jun 29, 2022 at 6:30 AM Post #7,777 of 11,863
It's funny you say that, that's exactly how I feel about the Arya V2.

In fact there's only a handful of headphones that I feel like is a must have in my collection. HD650 being one of them, and now the Arya.

Although, the Arya technically beats it in almost every way. There's just still something about the HD650. Maybe it's the sweet musicality in how it translates music or the warm chocolate mids? The only other headphone I must have is a pair of Grados for their timbre and acoustic/rock.

On another note, the EF400 isn't a very detailed DAC, but it's very musical sounding and the synergy with the Arya's is just amazing (as expected). I think I'm gonna keep it after all. :jecklinsmile:
Have you had a chance to listen to the HE1?

If HD650 was eating a chocolate, HE1 is swimming in the Willy Wonka chocolate pool while being joined by Olivia Wilde.

Jun 29, 2022 at 1:04 PM Post #7,778 of 11,863
Have you had a chance to listen to the HE1?

If HD650 was eating a chocolate, HE1 is swimming in the Willy Wonka chocolate pool while being joined by Olivia Wilde.
I haven't, don't wanna go down that rabbit hole. 😝

Would love to try it though as well as the Susvara maybe at the next canjam or something..

Jun 29, 2022 at 1:59 PM Post #7,779 of 11,863
Amazing. All it takes is $6000 to finally get an upgrade to the $200 HD6XX 😂 Seems about right

Something around +/- 4k in reality, but your point still stands ! I don't think its sounds that way because its expensive though, I believe that is the most he could get away with. In the one of the totl threads it has been reported that Fang was at a headphone show and allegedly asking other manufactures what is the most they think they could sell a headphone for and get away with it.

Jun 29, 2022 at 2:57 PM Post #7,780 of 11,863
Something around +/- 4k in reality, but your point still stands ! I don't think its sounds that way because its expensive though, I believe that is the most he could get away with. In the one of the totl threads it has been reported that Fang was at a headphone show and allegedly asking other manufactures what is the most they think they could sell a headphone for and get away with it.
Wow, that's wild! Ever the businessman. I remember reading somewhere that Feng's biggest regret in the business was not charging more money for the original HE6. Guess he's making up for it now.

Jun 29, 2022 at 5:27 PM Post #7,781 of 11,863
Wow, that's wild! Ever the businessman. I remember reading somewhere that Feng's biggest regret in the business was not charging more money for the original HE6. Guess he's making up for it now.

Interesting, I did not know that, but if that is true then that would add more validity to the alleged susvara claims.

Jun 30, 2022 at 12:48 AM Post #7,782 of 11,863
I haven't, don't wanna go down that rabbit hole. 😝

Would love to try it though as well as the Susvara maybe at the next canjam or something..
I made that mistake and 20 mins in I put the headphones down and walked out the store. Told the sales guy that if I had stayed longer I would have re mortgaged my house to get them. I ended up selling my HD800S soon after and got a Stax SR007 set-up. It still wasn't nowhere as good as the HE1.

But anyway back to the Arya. Gonna be selling my Topping DAC soon and a Metrum is on its way.

Jun 30, 2022 at 2:09 AM Post #7,783 of 11,863
Well, the HE1000 V2 came new from Hifiman with a left driver DOA. Looks like I'm sticking with the Arya for the time being :smiley:
Yeah, running the risk with any planar - they're notoriously harder to manufacture compared to dynamics. HFM (and others too) would be toast if they didn't stand by their products, have good customer service, and reasonable repair/trade up costs/options.

Jun 30, 2022 at 2:16 AM Post #7,784 of 11,863
I made that mistake and 20 mins in I put the headphones down and walked out the store. Told the sales guy that if I had stayed longer I would have re mortgaged my house to get them. I ended up selling my HD800S soon after and got a Stax SR007 set-up. It still wasn't nowhere as good as the HE1.

But anyway back to the Arya. Gonna be selling my Topping DAC soon and a Metrum is on its way.
Yeah, nothing like when your EDC hps are the greatest....but then you listen to something that blows them away. It doesn't even have to be more expensive but the letdown is real. I don't even listen to my T50rp mk3's anymore....

Jul 1, 2022 at 5:10 AM Post #7,785 of 11,863
Arya stealth, should I upgrade from topping e50/l50 stack? If so what players are in the game. When I was shopping around I couldn't make heads or tails of the amp DAC stuff. Was gonna get magnius modius but didn't wanna wait 6 weeks so I just said **** it and got what I got. Now the dust has settled and I'm ready to learn more about amps and dacs. Looking for the arya equivalent where it's like 85% of stuff that costs 5x.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back