HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
May 23, 2022 at 1:38 PM Post #7,531 of 11,866
Hey Arya Owners, Especially the V2 owners, I am looking for a DAP that powers the Arya sufficiently. I don't really have a budget and dont need new. I dont need the latest model, etc, just something that powers it efficiently. There are so many options out there and new models and wanted to get feedback from those who've had a successful setup/experience.

I've tried the Phone and portable amp/dac setup, just more annoying to manage more devices. Trying to go to a single unit DAP, that can power the Arya V2.

Thanks in advance

May 23, 2022 at 8:46 PM Post #7,532 of 11,866
Maybe not quite to the point...
Thinking about a suitable player for tight planar headphones led me to the idea that no player would help them.

These days I occasionally enjoy music in HiFiMAN Arya V2 on a couple of my basic tabletop combines:
A bit junior in power RME ADI-2 DAC FS (Single 6.35 = 1200mW@32Ω).
More senior in power Burson Conductor 3X Reference (Single 6.35 = 2500mW@32Ω, Balance XLR = 5000mW@32Ω).
The power of the "junior RME" seems to be enough, but "senior Burson" in it's pure A class paints a more interesting picture.

I thought that Aria wants somewhere at least 1000mW@32Ω to start playing at least something adequate.
This turned out to be true...

Considering the player for Arya, I tried to choose approximately between a couple of players:
Something like iBasso DX300 with AMP11 MK2 (Balance 4.4 = 1240mW@32ohm ~ 7.1 Vrms).
Or even more powerful Astell&Kern KANN ALPHA (don't know how much in mW but ~12 Vrms).

But in the end...
I decided that it would be more optimal to continue using my regular Astell&Kern SR25 MKII for the street with IEM.
And for Arya at home take an a separate portable DAC+AMP combine:
At least IFI Micro iDSD Signature (6.35/4.4 Turbo 1560mW@64Ω, 6.35/4.4 Normal 950mW@32Ω).
Or better IFI iDSD Diablo (6.35 2400mW@32Ω, 4.4 5000mW@32Ω).
Although, by synergy, the soul lies more with the IFI Micro iDSD Signature (with a bass boost if needed and fun).

Peace for everyone!

May 24, 2022 at 3:11 PM Post #7,533 of 11,866
And for Arya at home take an a separate portable DAC+AMP combine:
At least IFI Micro iDSD Signature (6.35/4.4 Turbo 1560mW@64Ω, 6.35/4.4 Normal 950mW@32Ω).
Or better IFI iDSD Diablo (6.35 2400mW@32Ω, 4.4 5000mW@32Ω).
Although, by synergy, the soul lies more with the IFI Micro iDSD Signature (with a bass boost if needed and fun).

I can understand that choice. micro iDSD Signature is a touch on the warmer side (versus our iDSD Diablo) and many folks found it brilliant with Aryas. Thanks for your feedback!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
May 25, 2022 at 9:18 PM Post #7,536 of 11,866
Guys, can the Arya take both 3.5 TS or TRS on the headphone side? It's confusing. Some manufacturers say you can only use 3.5 TS.

May 25, 2022 at 11:49 PM Post #7,537 of 11,866
Guys, can the Arya take both 3.5 TS or TRS on the headphone side? It's confusing. Some manufacturers say you can only use 3.5 TS.
Yes, it can take both no problem. There's always 3.5 TRS on the headphone side by default for all the current Hifiman headphones. However, all the TS cables will work well, so you can use either of these options.

May 26, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #7,538 of 11,866
Are there any super deep pads for the arya? Recently got some dekoni pads for my arya stealth and for whatever reason I stacked the old ones on the new ones to see what it sounds like. The soundstage gets crazy big and I think bass is more impactful, albeit maybe a bit muddier. Anyways I like it. Curious if there are any super deep pads on the market?

Related: is there any kind of magnetic attachment mod or something so it's easier to change pads?

Last edited:
May 26, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #7,539 of 11,866
Are there any super deep pads for the arya? Recently got some dekoni pads for my arya stealth and for whatever reason I stacked the old ones on the new ones to see what it sounds like. The soundstage gets crazy big and I think bass is more impactful, albeit maybe a bit muddier. Anyways I like it. Curious if there are any super deep pads on the market?

Related: is there any kind of magnetic attachment mod or something so it's easier to change pads?
@NtraX makes custom pads and worth getting in touch with. https://www.head-fi.org/members/519754/

May 26, 2022 at 5:28 PM Post #7,542 of 11,866
I'm looking to purchase an Arya Stealth Magnet version to go with my Focal Clears, can anybody that may own both give input on comparisons?
I had both the focal clear OG and Arya 2 (not stealth). I stayed with the Arya for the amazing layering of sound, soundstage and airyness, bass/sub bass. The music felt around me where the Focal Clear OG felt at me or face forward. The bass and music was punchy and..well clear. Though the Arya just felt more personal and alive.

Again there are many other better lengthy reviews and it depends on personal taste.

Hope others can hop in! But this an Arya thread lol

May 26, 2022 at 5:56 PM Post #7,543 of 11,866
Thank you so much for your response! You described the Arya how I hope it sounds , but now finding out that there are three versions I’m wondering if the Stealth Magnet version is going to sound much different than previous versions. I think trying to attend one of the upcoming CanJams would be beneficial, it’s just being able to make time to attend.

May 26, 2022 at 10:20 PM Post #7,544 of 11,866
How do these play with the Fiio M17? Anyone?

Hey Arya Owners, Especially the V2 owners, I am looking for a DAP that powers the Arya sufficiently. I don't really have a budget and dont need new. I dont need the latest model, etc, just something that powers it efficiently. There are so many options out there and new models and wanted to get feedback from those who've had a successful setup/experience.

I've tried the Phone and portable amp/dac setup, just more annoying to manage more devices. Trying to go to a single unit DAP, that can power the Arya V2.

Thanks in advance

Had the chance to audition Arya SE with my M17 at recent meet. Apart from occasional upper mid spike, everything else sounded sublime. That spike may be probably due to THX implementation. M17 can drive most of the headphones out there, at least the ones which I tried: LCDX, LCD5, Arya Stealth, Aeon Noire and few Focals. The first 4 and Clear OG sounded excellent on it.

The other one portable that has great synergy with the both versions of Arya, is iFi iDSD Signature.

May 26, 2022 at 11:41 PM Post #7,545 of 11,866
Thank you so much for your response! You described the Arya how I hope it sounds , but now finding out that there are three versions I’m wondering if the Stealth Magnet version is going to sound much different than previous versions. I think trying to attend one of the upcoming CanJams would be beneficial, it’s just being able to make time to attend.
You'll be okay with the Stealth, IMO - they're still an Arya. Especially if you haven't gotten a world class chain to go with them yet b/c they're substantially easier to drive. Both the v1 and v2 take a level of amp matching (Class A, discrete, more power) moreso than the Stealth does. IMO of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back