HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Apr 29, 2021 at 5:36 AM Post #3,556 of 11,866
The build quality could definately be better. But the sound quality is awesome and in my opinion far above its price. On the other hand when i think about the build quality of my Grado GS1000 then the quality of the Aryas is pretty solid :dt880smile:

I've played a bit with EQing my new Aryas and quit like these settings. What do the others think and how does your personal eq settings looks like?

arya-eq.jpg

Apr 29, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #3,558 of 11,866
Arya is one of my favourite phones under $2000. I missed my pair a lot :)
Missing my Arya (V1) too, sound quality was on par with price but build quality not.

It creaked, swivels were uneven with tighness + warranty was out and there were some posts about driver dying in 1 side which made me "bail out" but i readed that they improved QC with V2 version, maybe someday ill buy it again!

May 1, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #3,559 of 11,866
For those who have tried multiple amp pairings with the Arya: what’s your favourite so far?
Random input after lurking. I play Arya with Gustard h20 balanced (and Emotiva a-100 sometimes), with SMSL su-9 DAC. I had and sold Monoprice thx-887 and Topping a90 before the Gustard.

May 1, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #3,562 of 11,866
As I remember, Arya is not very picky on amps. It sounded good on any amp I threw it on. :)
Agreed. It even sounds pretty good plugged into my phone via Helm Bolt (middle of the road dongle DAC). I'm surprised how well it responds to tubes, though - I did not necessarily expect that synergy.

May 2, 2021 at 3:47 AM Post #3,566 of 11,866
A detailed review, I like to look at comparisons in which Arya takes the win.
The best headphones I listened to they had a large stage, for Classical orchestral performance and for club Jazz, for electronics when the artist has a huge space at his disposal ,and I can watch such a work on the big ,,screen" ...
On Arya, which has a good low frequency presence sounds good and old school Rap, which I've been listening to lately
It's really comfortable to hear the superlatives of a headset from a person who has a few of the best couples in the world in their collection:thumbsup:

Last edited:
May 2, 2021 at 5:06 AM Post #3,567 of 11,866
I noticed that when I start Arya that the sound scene is narrow and high, then I take them off my head and after ten to fifteen minutes when I put them back on my head everything is OK, the sound scene is high, wide and deep forward.
I don’t know if it’s just my experience?:thinking:... both the amplifier and DAC are already at operating temperature

May 2, 2021 at 5:13 AM Post #3,568 of 11,866
I noticed that when I start Arya that the sound scene is narrow and high, then I take them off my head and after ten to fifteen minutes when I put them back on my head everything is OK, the sound scene is high, wide and deep forward.
I don’t know if it’s just my experience?:thinking:... both the amplifier and DAC are already at operating temperature
I've had a similar experience but instead of changes in soundstage I feel like after listening for a while it gets a warmer tone. So far I just attribute it to head burn in though. Amp and Dac are already warm since I don't really turn them off

May 2, 2021 at 5:20 AM Post #3,569 of 11,866
I've had a similar experience but instead of changes in soundstage I feel like after listening for a while it gets a warmer tone. So far I just attribute it to head burn in though. Amp and Dac are already warm since I don't really turn them off
Yes, warmer
but I am not in the process of listening between changes.
The same effect is present with the HD 540 RG ,and they also have a huge stage
I don't have such an experience with other headphones

Last edited:
May 2, 2021 at 9:34 AM Post #3,570 of 11,866
Is that after or before you've been to Ada?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back