Hifiman Ananda
May 7, 2021 at 11:08 PM Post #3,649 of 4,981
I've made cables with scraps from Hershey Kiss wrappers that sound better then the cables made by HFM - any after market OFC copper cable is a big step up. DIY will cost a lot less.
I agree, absolutely worst cables made ! What is kind of funny or better yet, kind of sad, they sell cables for up to $400 on their website. I would take any $100 cables off ebay over the $400 set. If you plan on buying a pair of hifiman headphones always add the cost of a pair of custom cables to the price.

May 7, 2021 at 11:13 PM Post #3,650 of 4,981
I agree, absolutely worst cables made ! What is kind of funny or better yet, kind of sad, they sell cables for up to $400 on their website. I would take any $100 cables off ebay over the $400 set. If you plan on buying a pair of hifiman headphones always add the cost of a pair of custom cables to the price.
so Hifiman sent me another Sundara and forgot the cable so I put in a dispute for the price of the Cable since I had sent them a lot of customers and there were being jerks about another deal we made and wanted me to return it AND pay shipping(to flipping China BTW when the item was sent from the USA) so... I listed the price of the $130 or whatever cable in the dispute on the $270 Sundara and my CC company took $130 from their bank account. Like Hifiman products hate their support, despite all the freebies I would slap them again for acting dumb and having a huge liability like that, zero hoots given, zero flips given. Typical large Chinese company that thinks they can screw US consumers IMO, I am sure if I keep doing business with them one of these days I will end up sending them a letter of intent to sue and getting a fat check from them just to avoid them having to pay costly lawyers... makes me miss doing business with small Chinese factories... They really care, Hifiman does NOT.

Last edited:
May 7, 2021 at 11:26 PM Post #3,651 of 4,981
WOW. Thank you! These might get me to sell my Sundara, just to confirm this one is the right version, don't want to get HE-560 V4'd
https://www.adorama.com/hmhe6sev2.html
Yes that's the one ! I have seen people buy these for the sale price , I think $600, then list them for sale for $ 1000 to $1200. That means if sold for $1200 they double
their money ! People who don't know about the sale think they got a great deal.
Back in the day, folks who bought a item in the sales forum for a decent price, then sold them (flipped) on various other websites would be banned from here.

Last edited:
May 7, 2021 at 11:37 PM Post #3,652 of 4,981
Yes that's the one ! I have seen people buy these for the sale price , I think $600, then list them for sale for $ 1000 to $1200. That means if sold for $1200 they double
Back in the day, folks who bought a item in the sales forum for a decent price, then sold them (flipped) on various other websites would be banned from here.
in all fairness there is a quantifiable price they actually get or one before sale and outcome can expect to receive that accounts for risk (I don't know the right calculation as I haven't sold many items over even $100) but there is risk flipping of getting scammed which is one reason I didn't sell my 2080 Ti (ended up happy ending for me considering I got a $1300 card for under $1000 considering the current GPU market) and I tend to attempt to sell items under $100 in value and at a good price ( any scammers would end up on the blacklist and in turn loose immense value for a single transaction ) but yeah Basically I could have sold my...
$50 new 6XX
$300 new DT1990
Wont say the price Open Box Sundara
$160 Barely used Audeze mobius

all at amazing markups but in the end I enjoyed the deals and the hardware and the adjusted price considering risk and prospect of risk wasn't enough for me to list or sell any

Last edited:
May 8, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #3,653 of 4,981
wow I didn't even know that you could get a HE-6 that low... I have to confirm is that a typo?!

Looking at yours and @bagwell359's post I think I want the HE-6 and to skip the Arya and go for the HE1000SE for endgames..... sick. I love it thanks guys.

Just remember the first two HE-6's made in 2010-2014 are sought after and are very hard to find under $1k. Some with special treatments cost over $1.5k.

Search threads here for a vendor offering steep discounts. I got the v1 the first time the price went to $599 - must be 2.5+ yrs. Worth checking out.

On a broader topic there isn't I can I own or have heard that isn't improved by proper use of EQ (parametric digital that is). Susvara doesn't need much. Every version of HE-6 needs plenty of EQ help. Lesser stuff like HE-5 SE, 400's, HE5-LE needs a ton of EQ.

May 8, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #3,654 of 4,981
I used to do that as a Stereo Sales guy. Once a year you could get a product from every outfit you carried. Get a DCM Time Window for $330 listen to it for 2 weeks and sell for $550. Did better with Krell amps and MC Cartridges... Works if you invest in a shop too (differently)

Last edited:
May 8, 2021 at 9:30 PM Post #3,655 of 4,981
How good are these vs Sundara? I was under the impression given the value proposition and original $500 price that they may not be a good upgrade for someone who eventually wants to go Arya and has Sundara and I should just save for an Arya instead... Thanks!
If you have the Sundara, the Ananda are not worth the upgrade. It's just slightly better.
Save for the Arya or for more bass impact get the LCD 2C or X (Reveal + is a must)

May 8, 2021 at 9:33 PM Post #3,656 of 4,981
However, I think they are very good headphones, they just lack a bit of dynamics and punch, which is what I'm looking for now.

But the thing that bored me over time was mainly the huge pads ... not so much for the comfort, as the difficulty in finding the right positioning every time to make them sound at their best and with the right balance. Maybe it's just my problem, but it has often been irritating.
All the Hifiman line upper category have the same large pad common design. Maybe try an Audeze 🙂

May 8, 2021 at 9:36 PM Post #3,657 of 4,981
Last edited:
May 9, 2021 at 4:12 AM Post #3,659 of 4,981
I didn't like the Sundara at all. The Ananda was quite a leap up in my opinion. Such a subjective hobby.
The Ananda is a very special headphone, it's the planar version of the HD800. value wise it's superior to the Arya.
Sound wise, the Arya is hard to beat.

May 10, 2021 at 8:52 PM Post #3,660 of 4,981

Users who are viewing this thread

Back