Hifiman Ananda
Mar 18, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #3,408 of 4,987
Curious to hear your thoughts when you get them. I'm thinking of upgrading from the Ananda soon...they've been with me a while, but I'm wanting something "more." Was thinking of upgrading to the Arya since I've got a liquid platinum coming in soon. I hesitate to go to the HE6SE because of the smaller driver size (my ears also don't fit the circular cups of the round Hifimans), and what I love most about the Ananda is that huge sound it gives, especially for classical.
just got the he6se v2 edition and they are incredible. and im only using a heresy 3+ im getting the JOT 2 next week with double the power. i have to max out the power on the heresy and its barely loud enough but even then its more punchy and smooth than the ananda. super detailed and much more comfortable. ordered XL pads and open grills and i think its my perfect headphone

Mar 19, 2021 at 1:03 AM Post #3,409 of 4,987
just got the he6se v2 edition and they are incredible. and im only using a heresy 3+ im getting the JOT 2 next week with double the power. i have to max out the power on the heresy and its barely loud enough but even then its more punchy and smooth than the ananda. super detailed and much more comfortable. ordered XL pads and open grills and i think its my perfect headphone
Awesome! I bet they’ll sound even better with the Jot 2. How’s the soundstage so far compared with the Ananda?

Mar 19, 2021 at 2:55 AM Post #3,410 of 4,987
Awesome! I bet they’ll sound even better with the Jot 2. How’s the soundstage so far compared with the Ananda?
similar, sometimes it feels even bigger once the filters are removed. i put the stock grills back in but i would imagine with those off as well it will be better in that department as well. so far its truly blown me away. havent even looked at my anandas lol so much kick and slam , i will say the sub bass is lacking but that is probably just my amp. the anandas have very effortless big sound with nice sub bass for sure. i cant handle the big pads though they just dont fit. the he6se feel like a pair of bose that you can just throw on and be comfortable. i thought it would just be a 4xx with a diff driver but no it feels much more premium than people said. 4xx on steroids.

Mar 19, 2021 at 8:31 PM Post #3,411 of 4,987
similar, sometimes it feels even bigger once the filters are removed. i put the stock grills back in but i would imagine with those off as well it will be better in that department as well. so far its truly blown me away. havent even looked at my anandas lol so much kick and slam , i will say the sub bass is lacking but that is probably just my amp. the anandas have very effortless big sound with nice sub bass for sure. i cant handle the big pads though they just dont fit. the he6se feel like a pair of bose that you can just throw on and be comfortable. i thought it would just be a 4xx with a diff driver but no it feels much more premium than people said. 4xx on steroids.
Awesome! Honestly, I just got my Liquid Platinum (with Elna caps), and actually don't have the need to upgrade anymore...for now. LOVING the sound with the Ananda. Highly recommeded. There's body, impact, actual bass, and still a lot of detail and layering. And only through the SE! Still waiting for the balanced cable to arrive...

Wonder how long this contentment will last :thinking::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Mar 19, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #3,412 of 4,987
Awesome! Honestly, I just got my Liquid Platinum (with Elna caps), and actually don't have the need to upgrade anymore...for now. LOVING the sound with the Ananda. Highly recommeded. There's body, impact, actual bass, and still a lot of detail and layering. And only through the SE! Still waiting for the balanced cable to arrive...

Wonder how long this contentment will last :thinking::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
nice, yes i always have a tube pre amp of some kind. cant go back to pure SS anymore. definitely takes the anandas to another level but also for every other headphone!

Mar 20, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #3,414 of 4,987
using my Anandas with a Headamp GSX mini - nice combo. Wondering if anyone has heard the Abyss Diana vs Ananada - are we in same ballpark or is the Diana a major league upgrade?
I wouldn't want to ruin my fun with the Ananda by trying a Diana or other super high-end headphone...from what people say, that stuff really is in a different league. At least as far as detail is concerned.

Mar 20, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #3,415 of 4,987
Not even mentioning the cost difference.

Mar 20, 2021 at 7:52 PM Post #3,416 of 4,987
using my Anandas with a Headamp GSX mini - nice combo. Wondering if anyone has heard the Abyss Diana vs Ananada - are we in same ballpark or is the Diana a major league

I was a happy but not fully satisfied owner of the Ananda. Went on to try Dan Clark Ether 2 and and ended up keeping them. It had none of the shortfalls of the Ananda, better treble extension without the fatigue and detail retrieval bar none.

I haven’t heard the Abyss but it’s the same ballpark so I expect it to be at another league too.

I would highly recommend not to audition these as you cannot unhear them and it will only be a matter of time before you give in!! 😜

Mar 20, 2021 at 7:54 PM Post #3,417 of 4,987
I was a happy but not fully satisfied owner of the Ananda. Went on to try Dan Clark Ether 2 and and ended up keeping them. It had none of the shortfalls of the Ananda, better treble extension without the fatigue and detail retrieval bar none.

I haven’t heard the Abyss but it’s the same ballpark so I expect it to be at another league too.

I would highly recommend not to audition these as you cannot unhear them and it will only be a matter of time before you give in!! 😜

Mar 20, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #3,418 of 4,987
Had my Ananda for a few days now. Only did a initial listing session its not even close been in the same league to my K1000 setup that's been in storage. i'll burn it in for a few more days. Is re-cabling recommended with the Ananda? does it make a big difference?

Mar 20, 2021 at 8:03 PM Post #3,419 of 4,987
Exactly lol
Is re-cabling recommended with the Ananda? does it make a big difference?
Not in my experience. I actually like the sound of the stock cable more than the periapt cable I got for it.

Mar 21, 2021 at 2:55 AM Post #3,420 of 4,987
I felt the separation was a bit better with a balanced cable but it wasn't a huge difference to me.
I'm using an R5 as a DAC though so take that how you will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back