Hifiman Ananda
Aug 11, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #436 of 4,987
Hifiman pricing. Ananda at $999, HE6SE $1799 ,HE1000 v2 at $3000 , HE1000SE $3500

Wow..... does Ananda provide the best performance to Sound quality ratio or what? I don't think HE1000 is 3x better than Ananda
In terms of SQ to price ratio the cheapest wins most of the time once you get past say, 500 bucks

Aug 11, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #437 of 4,987
I thought Audeze sounds veiled and no soundstage width, had 2 different versions of the LCD2 and I gave up, sooo uncomfortable too , but they updated the headband since then.

Hifiman pricing. Ananda at $999, HE6SE $1799 ,HE1000 v2 at $3000 , HE1000SE $3500

Wow..... does Ananda provide the best performance to Sound quality ratio or what? I don't think HE1000 is 3x better than Ananda

Audeze’s do sound veiled because of their upper mid/lower treble roll off. And they also don’t have the soundstage width of Hifiman. But that doesn’t change the fact that the LCD X has amazing soundstage depth.

The Ananda is a fantastic value at $999 and the Edition X V2 is even better at $899.

The HEK V2, is definitely not 3x better than either the Ananda or HEX V2, in my opinion and I’ve owned all 3.

Also the pricing you quoted for the HE1000se and HE6se, are only SUGGESTED MSRP. They have yet to be determined. But if those prices stick, there’s going to be a backlash against Hifiman that will be even worse than the backlash from the media against Trump...

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #438 of 4,987
I thought Audeze sounds veiled and no soundstage width, had 2 different versions of the LCD2 and I gave up, sooo uncomfortable too , but they updated the headband since then.
Yes I agree they sound veiled but they do have ok soundstaging. They are heavy and clamp very tightly though. Half an hour and I'm already tired of their fit.

So far the HD800/800s has the nicest fit imo. Probably because the pads are so big and can spread the grip out more.

Aug 13, 2018 at 3:43 AM Post #441 of 4,987
I personally can hear, than Ananda has more weight on lows, more balanced, and has wider soundstage, while Sundara is a little bit brighter and has less 'juice' overall.

I think it's safe to say that that is what we are all going to hear. But that was entirely the point of making this type of demo video. Far too often do people disagree on the sound of something but it only happens because they come from different perspectives and their ears have adjusted to different sound signatures. Using a sound demo vid puts everyone on a level playing field :)

Aug 13, 2018 at 4:01 AM Post #442 of 4,987
I think it's safe to say that that is what we are all going to hear. But that was entirely the point of making this type of demo video. Far too often do people disagree on the sound of something but it only happens because they come from different perspectives and their ears have adjusted to different sound signatures. Using a sound demo vid puts everyone on a level playing field :)
(Listens with $3 earbuds)

Aug 13, 2018 at 4:04 AM Post #444 of 4,987
Ok seriously speaking, its the best you can get without actually demoing them yourself.

It's not actually what you're going to hear.

Aug 13, 2018 at 4:05 AM Post #445 of 4,987
Ok seriously speaking, its the best you can get without actually demoing them yourself.

Absolutely.

Is it perfect? No. But for the time being, until some other tech comes along that'll give you a more realistic demo, this will have to do.

Aug 13, 2018 at 4:46 AM Post #446 of 4,987
That demo makes the Ananda sound somehow fuller, the bass is deeper, and the soundstage wider. At least that's how it sounds to my ears on my setup.
A somehow slightly more refined, more sophisticated sound. Like the Sundara needs to grow a little.

Still trying to make up my mind between LCD-X and the Ananda to buy next year.

Aug 13, 2018 at 5:09 AM Post #447 of 4,987
That demo makes the Ananda sound somehow fuller, the bass is deeper, and the soundstage wider. At least that's how it sounds to my ears on my setup.
A somehow slightly more refined, more sophisticated sound. Like the Sundara needs to grow a little.

Still trying to make up my mind between LCD-X and the Ananda to buy next year.
Your description of the Sundara vs Ananda demo sounds like my impression of the difference between the Sundara and the LCD-XC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back