1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hifiman Ananda

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by rutter, May 13, 2018.
Tags:
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Next

Last
  1. rutter
    Really?

2. knopi
    All matter quality of amps, source, quality of all cables, power strip filter etc...everyone know it if someone try it of course :wink:. And with speaker it is more obvious. Disadvantage a lot of time to put and trying, synergy...

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  3. rutter
    No kidding. I'm asking if the Mimby really does seriously restrict the soundstage and separation of the HEX. I've actually tried it with a CMA600i and a number of relatively expensive portable DACs/amps and did not find this to be true. Do others agree that it is?

4. alphanumerix1
    Chifiman strikes again

5. omniweltall
    Compared to which DAC? There are better DACs and if compared them, then yes. But no way Mimby is lacking in soundstage. Depth and layering is very good for the price.

When I tried CMA600i, I used it as both DAC and amp, so I don't know which contributes more to the SQ. CMA600i soundstage feels flat and boring to me, even though separation is good.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  6. seanwee
    Waiting for more comparisons between the Ananda and the Sundara :)

7. karmazynowy
    And Ananda vs Edition X.

8. conquerator2
    First the Sundara and now this? Could HiFiMAN be slowly returning to it's price/performance glory :O?

Arniesb, knopi, Turdski and 2 others like this.
  9. Turdski
    Let's hope!

10. i20bot
    We need Susvara to be $1999

llamaluv likes this.
  11. Hifiearspeakers
    We need Susvara to not require nuclear power to drive it.

rutter likes this.
  12. FastAndClean
    did you sold your D8000?

13. i20bot
    lol, is it that demanding? I'm content with the Ananda. Seems to have opened up some or could just be the meds I have took. I'm not close to their recommended burn in of 150 hours yet. Don't think I've hit 50 yet lol, but I'm loving the headphones.

Hifiearspeakers likes this.
  14. Rhamnetin
    That's what the HE1000v2 is for. The SUSVARA isn't hard to drive for no reason, like the HE-6 and to a lesser extent the LCD-4. Dual magnet designs are harder to drive and stronger magnets probably make it harder to drive, among other things.

HE1000v2 at $2,000 would be more reasonable I think. Not sure how to price the SUSVARA, I have no experience with it but I'd guess no more than $3,000 which already puts it far above the Stax SR-007 which has significant inherent advantages.

15. Hifiearspeakers
    The LCD 4Z has the strongest dual-sided magnet structure to date and it can be driven with just a smart phone.

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Next

Last