HiFiMAN 602: Talk about your initial impressions and specs
Nov 11, 2010 at 2:25 AM Post #842 of 1,195
@ovrclkd

Fang's comments on your responses are so wild they must be true.  I cannot believe the behavior of some of the consumers on this forum.  I have no interest in dealings or commentary of individuals that behave such as you.  Welcome to ignore, you are in good company.

@Fang

On behalf of many members here, I apologize for you having to deal w/ such behavior.  Obviously you will go far enough to care of a customer regardless how undeserving.

Some people need to take a good hard look in the mirror.  There is clearly more wrong w/ some of you than just your audio equipment.  Sickening.

Nov 11, 2010 at 2:43 AM Post #844 of 1,195
Let's not push this to extreme and solve this peacefully, I think it is the right way. I know this is related to money but the other guy is angry too, so let's think once more before we hit the submit button.

@shigzeo if you really want to listen to this badly how about meeting this Sunday? Apparently I can't let him audition the RE262 since it's sold and it's now in Busan, so I'm free from whatever appointment. I think I'll lend you the player then. Right now since I only have the RE-Zero I don't feel the need to have a good one, I think Droid is enough for RE-Zero. Don't worry about me, since I ordered the FA-003 today and it will arrive next next week(I think) and after that I still need two more days for burn in, so I would be using only the RE-Zero for at least a week. PM me if you have any problem meeting Sunday like vacation or something. I'll also return your ES7 then.

Wow it's raining cats and dogs outside, btw.

Nov 11, 2010 at 4:44 AM Post #845 of 1,195
I love the sound of this player.

I dislike the fact that I have no manual!!! I am lost many times in how to stop one or 2 songs keep repeating, and the random I selected is not happening. Many times I have to turn off the player to start over what is to be playing.

I was driving a vehicle and could not quickly and easily control this 602 player. Later at home I was frustrated, trying to stop a song and play the next one.

Can anyone who is having good control help with detailed instructions how to navigate the player to take advantage of the features it has?

sometimes I click in every direction to make a change only to be right back in the song I do not want to hear and get away from it.

I love the sound of this player it is fantastic, but I hate not being able to control what I play. Why is there no manual?
Is it the language difference? All cameras have manuals in every language that they sell to.

I hate to see customers take advantage of Fang by keeping the headset and what looks like just wanting a free headset and never intended to keep the player. But I also hate not being able to control a player so it does what I want and memorizing each set of steps instead of try and ere try and ere try and ere over and over.

Since this is a wonderful sounding player, I would love to keep it but can anyone at all write a brief but powerful manual to help this player to be easily controlled?

HELP!!!!!

Nov 11, 2010 at 8:51 AM Post #847 of 1,195

Quote:
@Yooss, I'll be mountain hiking on Sunday aware somewhere rainy, so raincheck that one, okay? Besides, I'm a semi-patient fellow.

Huh? didn't understand that. Well please keep in mind all the English I know comes from TOEFL nonfiction reading.
biggrin.gif

Wow I am actually feeling my English is getting worse by the day! What are English classes in school for?

Nov 11, 2010 at 11:06 AM Post #850 of 1,195
Hello everybody!

I'm very curious about the sound quality of this player and my question is very simple: He plays better than the group formed by a Cowon J3 (properly equalized) + Headstage Arrow 12HE 2G amplifier? My headphones are Shure SE530, Ety ER4P, Head-Direct RE-0, RE-1 and other simple ones.

Cheers,

Peter

Nov 11, 2010 at 11:11 AM Post #851 of 1,195
Hi Peter, my name is Peter too!

Can't say how it compares to other players but its sound is laidback so no ear penetrating highs, smooth, warm-- that my experience at least. Its not artificial sounding like most digital players, probably the most organic source I have ever heard.

Nov 11, 2010 at 11:28 AM Post #852 of 1,195

Quote:
Hi Peter, my name is Peter too!

Can't say how it compares to other players but its sound is laidback so no ear penetrating highs, smooth, warm-- that my experience at least. Its not artificial sounding like most digital players, probably the most organic source I have ever heard.

Hello Peter!

so you say, then this player will not work well with my Shures...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Glad to see another Peter here!

Cheers,

Peter

Nov 11, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #853 of 1,195

Quote:
I love the sound of this player.

I dislike the fact that I have no manual!!! I am lost many times in how to stop one or 2 songs keep repeating, and the random I selected is not happening. Many times I have to turn off the player to start over what is to be playing.

I was driving a vehicle and could not quickly and easily control this 602 player. Later at home I was frustrated, trying to stop a song and play the next one.

Can anyone who is having good control help with detailed instructions how to navigate the player to take advantage of the features it has?

sometimes I click in every direction to make a change only to be right back in the song I do not want to hear and get away from it.

I love the sound of this player it is fantastic, but I hate not being able to control what I play. Why is there no manual?
Is it the language difference? All cameras have manuals in every language that they sell to.

I hate to see customers take advantage of Fang by keeping the headset and what looks like just wanting a free headset and never intended to keep the player. But I also hate not being able to control a player so it does what I want and memorizing each set of steps instead of try and ere try and ere try and ere over and over.

Since this is a wonderful sounding player, I would love to keep it but can anyone at all write a brief but powerful manual to help this player to be easily controlled?

HELP!!!!!

Down arrow = next track
Up arrow = reset track/previous track
Right Arrow = select folder or files to navigate or play.
Left arrow = inverse of right arrow
Dataexc port = storage access
USBDAC = USB DAC
Center button = select item except doesn't work on first menu choice for me but fine after that.  FW update needed likely.

Nov 11, 2010 at 12:56 PM Post #854 of 1,195
Ouch! I do not come to HF much any more mostly due to what I just read in the last couple of pages. Sad to see the state of complaints being raised and the tone they are being raised in. Sorry to say but I used to love checking in everyday but the level of immaturity being exhibited by some members keeps some of us away.

Nov 11, 2010 at 2:03 PM Post #855 of 1,195

Quote:
Ouch! I do not come to HF much any more mostly due to what I just read in the last couple of pages. Sad to see the state of complaints being raised and the tone they are being raised in. Sorry to say but I used to love checking in everyday but the level of immaturity being exhibited by some members keeps some of us away.

Don't blame the site Miguel, I think that's a bit unfair but I understand why you'd wan't to stray away, its the individuals who are to blame. But its not all black, there are still people here who are nice and mature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back