HiFiMAN 602: Talk about your initial impressions and specs
Nov 8, 2010 at 10:30 AM Post #812 of 1,195

Quote:
Gee, I'd hate to deprive you of your player, though a bird told me that someone has my ES7's! I'd love to provide a good reference for people looking for new earphones, of course!

You do have some incredible intelligence capability! I'd love to have a bird like that. Is it trained in CIA?

Anyway keep in mind that I didn't send the RE262 yet. There is a high probability that you would have some more work a few weeks later.

Wow I was listening to Capsule-'Retro Memory' and I was really surprised to hear some loud and strange noise with your ES7.
Was it a driver failure?
blink.gif

Turned out to be the player problem. This player makes one of the most pathetic noise I have ever heard from an audio equipment when the battery state is critical. You should hear it yourself.
confused_face.gif

Nov 8, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #814 of 1,195
Yeah It is like somebody trying to drink milk with a straw but there is almost no milk left!

Btw I think the es7 is suffering from the same problem, much, much more bass than what I would hear from other sources. I really hope Fang will come out with a solution.

Nov 9, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #815 of 1,195
Does anyone hear electric current noise when volume is below 2 ?  Does the noise go away after 200 hours ? I have it on 10 hours daily burn-in process for 3 days now. By the way, I will mainly use it with low impedance earphones.

Nov 9, 2010 at 12:41 AM Post #816 of 1,195

Quote:
Does anyone hear electric current noise when volume is below 2 ?  Does the noise go away after 200 hours ? I have it on 10 hours daily burn-in process for 3 days now. By the way, I will mainly use it with low impedance earphones.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/520941/hifiman-602-buzzing-after-charging

Is this what you experience.  What headphones do you use?

Nov 9, 2010 at 9:59 AM Post #817 of 1,195
I think it doesn't support wma lossless.Every time I play a song encoded in wma lossless my unit simply becomes unresponsive.

Nov 9, 2010 at 10:12 AM Post #818 of 1,195
What other sources do you have? You know, it might just be that the Hifiman 602 doesn't roll off its bass with less than 80Ω headphones, something that very few players do. The ES7 is a bassy headphone - clear and loud, yes - but definitely bassy. So, any bit of proper resolution will bring their bass out. That, and a goodly bit of harmonic distortion in the signal will warm them up a lot. 

So, what you are hearing could be many things, one of which is simply good resolution. If you've only used Cowon, old iPods, HTC phones, and the like before, then you are probably not used to the resolution. That isn't a problem, it's just that you've not heard it before. That said, I haven't heard the ES7 and the 602 yet... someone took the headphones before I could!
wink.gif
So I cannot verify anything.

Quote:
Yeah It is like somebody trying to drink milk with a straw but there is almost no milk left!

Btw I think the es7 is suffering from the same problem, much, much more bass than what I would hear from other sources. I really hope Fang will come out with a solution.

Nov 9, 2010 at 10:13 AM Post #819 of 1,195

Quote:
I think it doesn't support wma lossless.Every time I play a song encoded in wma lossless my unit simply becomes unresponsive.

I didn't think anybody used WMA lossless....
blink.gif

Nov 9, 2010 at 10:57 AM Post #820 of 1,195

Quote:
I didn't think anybody used WMA lossless....
blink.gif

Unfortunately I've a couple of albums encoded in WMA lossless.I've no issue if it is not supporting it but, may be it it could display "unsupported format" rather than just hanging.

Nov 9, 2010 at 12:08 PM Post #821 of 1,195
You sound snob.
But you are right.
HM-602 is great.

Quote:
If you've only used Cowon, old iPods, HTC phones, and the like before, then you are probably not used to the resolution. That isn't a problem, it's just that you've not heard it before.

Nov 9, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #822 of 1,195

[size=medium]
Probably not related but OMG is this thing susceptible to external interference.  If I use my Arrow w/ the bottom screws facing the 602 back the buzz and noise is terrible.  If I swap it to the other side the noise is gone.
[/size]

Nov 9, 2010 at 7:28 PM Post #823 of 1,195
Loaded up 14 gigs of SACD on the internal.  Sounds superb!  Plugged into Data EXC port and Windows popped up the internal and external no prob.  No slow load times either.  One 100MB file took about 20-30 secs.  Undocked and updated perfectly.  

Nov 9, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #824 of 1,195

Quote:
What other sources do you have? You know, it might just be that the Hifiman 602 doesn't roll off its bass with less than 80Ω headphones, something that very few players do. The ES7 is a bassy headphone - clear and loud, yes - but definitely bassy. So, any bit of proper resolution will bring their bass out. That, and a goodly bit of harmonic distortion in the signal will warm them up a lot. 

So, what you are hearing could be many things, one of which is simply good resolution. If you've only used Cowon, old iPods, HTC phones, and the like before, then you are probably not used to the resolution. That isn't a problem, it's just that you've not heard it before. That said, I haven't heard the ES7 and the 602 yet... someone took the headphones before I could!
wink.gif
So I cannot verify anything. 

What can I say? I'm just happy when I hear the music. Bass, mids, treble, to tell the truth I don't actually care a lot now. I just like it.

I finally sold my 262, and I am looking for some sub $200 can. Any recommendations? I just messaged the seller of the Audio Technica A900TI who are selling it at $200(which is called the best trance can in the Korean forums--Shigzeo maybe you want to hear it sometime).

Nov 9, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #825 of 1,195
Alright.  Its finally happened.  Internal memory freeze.  What's the reset protocol for this thing?  Is it that ridiculously smaller than typical hole?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back