Hifi Audio for Real Music: What headphones-earphones sound the best with Classical, Jazz and other Instrumentals . Thread for humble Music Connoisseur.
Apr 30, 2016 at 10:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

NymPHONOmaniac

Headphoneus Supremus
Okay,
I read alot of headphones and earphones impressions here on Headfi and sometime I feel that the type of music we listen to with our gear is very important in the overall description or appreciation we will have about our listening experience.
When I read that somebody listen to Britney Spear with his Sennheiser HD800, i'm a little bit sceptikal about the value of his review, tell me I have prejudice but I feel objectively that bad taste (or curiosity lazyness) do exist and consider even for myself 2 type of music: The real one and the entertaining one.
Real Music is based on composition and beauty of harmony, signers are not often find in it, it will be more choral and voice used as instruments. It include mostly Classical, Jazz, Worldmusic and Instrumental.
Audio entertainment is all the rest, it fit our style, our mood, our culture or our physical activity. It include Pop, indie, rap, electro (some exception with ambient), rock etc.

It will be usefull for headfier like me that listen mostly to Classical and Jazz to have suggestions of the best headphones-earphones that fit this demanding style of music.

So let's talk MORE about music we listen to with our gear and share our favorite headphones that give perfect musicality to particular instrumental type.

Personally I listen to more than 30 classical composers regularly and I find a new Jazz Album I NEED to listen every single day (too much good musiciens).

For Classical i'm mostly into Chamber Music, wich is good because I find much headphones to struggle hard with symphony and feel congested and not enough airy (Grado GS1000 was an exception).

For Jazz i'm into anything (not much Free Jazz), but like especially (post)Bop and ECM-Modern jazz. Piano trio is what I can't get enough (RIP Esbjorn Svensson).

So here you CAN talk about music ALOT, not just listening experience.
Share the album that are delactable with specific headphones or DAP.
Discovery that was a revelation to your ears.
Hires recorded masterpiece that need to be heard.

We all have favorite earphones-headphones for specific music, please share it Here while you listen to it
gs1000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back