Hifi 86- China Brands
Mar 28, 2006 at 11:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

mysticaldodo

1000+ Head-Fier
I found this site

Link

Was wondering if anyone ordered from them before. Care to share your experiences?

Could be a good alternative to Cattylink but I don't see any BADA
orphsmile.gif

I'm very curious about the Aurum Cantas speakers though
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 28, 2006 at 1:22 PM Post #2 of 9
I asked them for quote on something once, but never got a reply.

Their top priced headphone amp looks good.

Their Moon River speakers should be great - if, as they claim, are the same as the Red Rose model marketed by Mark Levinson.

Mar 28, 2006 at 4:54 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mysticaldodo
Thats lousy of them. I'll try anyway to email them an enquiry.

Interesting to know Mark Levinson Red Rose is OEM. Glad I never bought that from him
orphsmile.gif

The Red Rose line from Mark Levinson consists of China made products - quite good and bargains all.

The NTA (Northern Tube Appeals) Chinese amp maker makes a KT88
Class A amp for less than $500 from Cattylink. This is the exact same amp as the Hyperion model for about $3000 - an award winning amp under the Hyperion brand. NTA makes it and Hyperion markets it under their name. I have NTA preamp which I like very much.

Mar 29, 2006 at 9:31 AM Post #5 of 9
Its a small store located in China that has some good distributors connections(but no great connections with the factories). A US friend setup a fax number and Paypal account and probably handles the foreign exchange for them (he'll most likely pocket the USD and remit RMB in China as part of a failed loan deal.) These companies exist but usually go out of business very soon mostly due to tax issues if its a properly setup company, or...tax and legal issues if its not properly setup (and most are not cause its costs $$$ to setup).

Their prices a a little higher than prices in China...and the "Price: contact us" on many items is laughable. Notice a lot of the pics are off other websites or manufacturer websites which makes me guess they hold no inventory and are a pure middleman.

Bottom line: you can buy stuff through them, just don't expect any sort of customer service or warantee/guarantee. They'll disappear in a matter of months but most likely will reappear under a different name. They are selling products made for the China market and probably can get a 110V version for you, but it will still be a China market item.

If those terms are good for you, then purchase through them. Or if you have a friend in China, they can probabably do the same and get a slightly better price.

Mar 29, 2006 at 9:34 AM Post #6 of 9
Oh, forgot to say that since they're a pure middleman, they can get just about anything for you. Bada or Mingxing or whatever. Send them an email and if the price is worth them making a few phone calls, you can get whatever Chinese product you like.

Mar 30, 2006 at 7:09 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by skysaxon
Wow. I see the Korsun V6i is on sale for $674, down from its regular price of $675.

I see big savings there
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back