Hidizs Sonata HD DAC cable - new tiny and mighty DAC&AMP
Jun 10, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #527 of 862
Jun 10, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #530 of 862
Do you think it's worth getting it for Exynos Galaxy S10? Will it make any difference with Spotify?

If take a stab in the dark and say no, the DAC in the S10 is decent enough for casual listening on the train etc...

Unless you want to run some more hungry headphones from it.

Jun 10, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #532 of 862
Do you think it's worth getting it for Exynos Galaxy S10? Will it make any difference with Spotify?

Fwiw I've got the S9 Exynos and find the Sonata to be a major improvement. That being said I find the S9 to be pretty mediocre when it comes to audio quality so as always YMMV.....

Jun 11, 2019 at 2:11 AM Post #534 of 862
But does it work with Spotify? I've read some comments that Spotify supports only native Android audio driver instead of USB one

Yeah, it works without any issues whatsoever (at least for me) :)

Jun 11, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #536 of 862
That's weird, are you using any other app to force it?

No and I've never heard of anyone else having problems with this either.....

Jun 11, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #537 of 862
But does it work with Spotify? I've read some comments that Spotify supports only native Android audio driver instead of USB one

Sonata works with Spotify the same way it works with phone calls, YouTube or any other application that produces audio, i.e., the system sends digital signal to the Sonata which converts it to analogue audio.
I believe your question is related to the fact that Spotify doesn't natively induces bit-perfect audio to the Sonata, hence the audio is controlled by the Android system, right? But then again, even with the highest streaming resolution Spotify is capable of, you wouldn't benefit from having the Sonata controlling the digital conversion.

Jun 12, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #538 of 862
Hi
I use the OnePlus 7 pro with sonata hd using spotify and YouTube and hibymusic app no problems
All the apps work fine and have not had any problems I was under the impression it works great with all the androids versions .

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2019 at 11:41 PM Post #539 of 862
Jun 27, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #540 of 862
Hi
I use the OnePlus 7 pro with sonata hd using spotify and YouTube and hibymusic app no problems
All the apps work fine and have not had any problems I was under the impression it works great with all the androids versions .
I really love the OnePlus 7 Pro - to me, the screen is better than that of the S10+ that I bought only four days before getting sucked into the OnePlus screen - had to have both :D - the one downside for me (at least with an EU version) is that the OnePlus maximum (EU based at least) volume is VERY low compared to the S10+ - the Sonata HD is much better at squeezing the last drops of volume out of the 7 Pro compared to both the Pixel 3 (yuck!) and Soditer (good, but thick sounding, and not loud enough) dongles I had before the Sonata arrived.
Yes, I have the Exynos S10+ and it works a treat, a LOT better than the HO

PS - welcoming myself to the club was nearly a disaster - flashing the D firmware, the fw installer bar didn't progress and said the upgrade had failed - then the dongle wasn't recognised by anything - got all panicked - but, ran the fw updater again, and it worked perfectly :)

[Edit]
Have to say, that it makes YouTube music sound really, no REALLY high quality from a phone (the OnePlus 7) - and, no that isn't a contradiction in terms - and actually works with UAPP - unlike the Soditer dongle which only played at half speed (!!)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back