Hidizs Sonata HD DAC cable - new tiny and mighty DAC&AMP
Jan 29, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #392 of 862
The only conclusion I can draw from that is the Apple connection. I use Android and my laptop, no artifacts of any kind. With your PC it could be a noisy USB port perhaps?

I tried both units on multiple USB ports on 3 different machines (Windows desktop, Windows laptop on wall & battery power, & Android phone) and encountered pretty much the same issues on all of them. I even tried messing with USB & power settings on each source with no changes. At this point, it is no longer worth the time for me and I have scheduled a return for refund. Other people's experiences may vary and I hope they enjoy their Sonata HD.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #395 of 862
Well, took a chance on one of these knowing there were some possible issues with Huawei phones. Sadly, no matter what firmware I try, it just doesn't work with my Mate 20 Pro on .153 firmware :frowning2:

hmmm i know its not the same phone but im using the huawei p10 with no issues .

did you run the software to flash it?

im currently using music mode d

Feb 6, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #398 of 862
sorry to hear :frowning2:

Thanks - but problem solved I think.

Its seems it wasn't this device but the app USB Audio Player Pro. I was opening that app first to try before trying others and none of them worked. It seems its something this app is doing to the audio output as now I've tried other apps before trying USBAPP. Spotify, Tidal, Poweramp all work fine using Firmware D. Have deleted USBAPP for now and contacted the developer for any help :)

Feb 7, 2019 at 6:20 AM Post #399 of 862
Thanks - but problem solved I think.

Its seems it wasn't this device but the app USB Audio Player Pro. I was opening that app first to try before trying others and none of them worked. It seems its something this app is doing to the audio output as now I've tried other apps before trying USBAPP. Spotify, Tidal, Poweramp all work fine using Firmware D. Have deleted USBAPP for now and contacted the developer for any help :)

The way some apps that use exclusive USB audio access behave when connecting an external USB audio DAC is sometimes tricky. Try the HiBy Music App, where you can choose to connect the Hidizs as an external DAC with the phone controlling the output, or to give exclusive permission to the DAC when connected. It works very well for me with Huawei/Honor/Emui8/Android8.

Edit: and it's free!!! No pub, no charges, great navigation. My current favourite music app for android.

Feb 7, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #401 of 862
The way some apps that use exclusive USB audio access behave when connecting an external USB audio DAC is sometimes tricky. Try the HiBy Music App, where you can choose to connect the Hidizs as an external DAC with the phone controlling the output, or to give exclusive permission to the DAC when connected. It works very well for me with Huawei/Honor/Emui8/Android8.

Edit: and it's free!!! No pub, no charges, great navigation. My current favourite music app for android.

Thank you - using that app now - it connects and works fine with the first of the two connection options you describe. Really pleased now for the price this costs :)

Feb 7, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #402 of 862
Hi, I've just received this little great DAC. It works fine on my iPad Pro and MacBook Pro using USB-C

It doesn't work with my iPhone X when I use a Rock USB-C to Lightning converter. The DAC is not recognised. It is just simply doing nothing.
I couldn't find any post about this issue.

Does anybody have a clue how I can fix it? I can't seen to find out if it has to do with the USB-C converter or iPhone. The iPhone does work if I use the Apple DAC. iOs seems to support it as my iPad is working fine with it.

Any ideas are welcome! Thanks!

Feb 7, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #403 of 862
Hi, I've just received this little great DAC. It works fine on my iPad Pro and MacBook Pro using USB-C

It doesn't work with my iPhone X when I use a Rock USB-C to Lightning converter. The DAC is not recognised. It is just simply doing nothing.
I couldn't find any post about this issue.

Does anybody have a clue how I can fix it? I can't seen to find out if it has to do with the USB-C converter or iPhone. The iPhone does work if I use the Apple DAC. iOs seems to support it as my iPad is working fine with it.

Any ideas are welcome! Thanks!

With the original apple usb camera kit it works!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back