Hidizs Sonata HD DAC cable - new tiny and mighty DAC&AMP
Jan 27, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #376 of 862
Hello All

After flashing to firmware D (pure music), I cannot get it to work on my Mate 10 Pro (Android - latest emui).
Do any of you know of a solution, other then downgrading the Sonata ?
If your developer options are activated, try resetting them and then try the sonata. Plug it in and fiddle with the usb options under the developer menu.
If this doesn't work, I guess the mate 10 pro is not compatible with d mode...

Jan 27, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #377 of 862
It is possible that the D firmware doesn't play nice with your phone for whatever reason. Maybe you can try flashing the A or C firmware to see if it makes a difference. Either way, the Sonata HD should work fine as an audio output device with the D firmware on your phone. Not sure what else to try other than contacting HIDIZS for support.
Yes, probably something with the phone not working with that specific firmware. Have send Hidizs a message, otherwise will downgrade firmware. Thanks for the help.

Jan 28, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #379 of 862
There is another firmware lower on the page than A, C, D firmwares, called Hidizs Sonata HD DAC Cable_V2.0. Does anyone know what it is?

Yeah they're just the ASIO drivers.

Jan 29, 2019 at 4:25 AM Post #381 of 862
Yeah they're just the ASIO drivers.
When I have a completely new Tempotec Sonata, I don't know what firmware it is on.
Is it advised to install this ASIO-driver (V2) to be sure the device is on V2-driver software?
And after that, another flash to install one of the A, C or D firmwares?

Or is it that firmware is overwritten completely every time you flash? So an immediate flash to A, C or D firmware is sufficiënt?

Jan 29, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #382 of 862
I have many problems with the Sonata:

– the sound pops-up if I change the volume level or track.
– sometime the volume goes immediately high if I plug-in the Sonata.
– sometime I have to plug-out and plug-in the Sonata again in order to make it work.

Is all that "normal"? I've the Firmware D.

Jan 29, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #383 of 862
I have many problems with the Sonata:

– the sound pops-up if I change the volume level or track.
– sometime the volume goes immediately high if I plug-in the Sonata.
– sometime I have to plug-out and plug-in the Sonata again in order to make it work.

Is all that "normal"? I've the Firmware D.

I have encountered these issues as well. Also using the D firmware. I have returned mine for a replacement to see if it was defective and should have the new one tonight.

Jan 29, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #384 of 862
When I have a completely new Tempotec Sonata, I don't know what firmware it is on.
Is it advised to install this ASIO-driver (V2) to be sure the device is on V2-driver software?
And after that, another flash to install one of the A, C or D firmwares?

Or is it that firmware is overwritten completely every time you flash? So an immediate flash to A, C or D firmware is sufficiënt?

Just flash the firmware you want. The ASIO drivers are obsolete, and don't work very well anyways.

My Sonata HDII came with A firmware installed as default.

Jan 29, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #387 of 862
Please report back if the new one is good.

Anyway, that Sonata Cable sounds to me better than the NextDrive Spectra.

The replacement arrived a few hours earlier than expected. Kudos to Amazon for that. Unfortunately the replacement unit behaves/sounds exactly the same as the first one. I'll probably just return the replacement for a refund. I bought it mostly for fun and to see what it is capable of. While it can drive all of my headphones with some headroom to spare, I have no use for a DAC/amp that doesn't output clean, artifact free sound.

Jan 29, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #388 of 862
The replacement arrived a few hours earlier than expected. Kudos to Amazon for that. Unfortunately the replacement unit behaves/sounds exactly the same as the first one. I'll probably just return the replacement for a refund. I bought it mostly for fun and to see what it is capable of. While it can drive all of my headphones with some headroom to spare, I have no use for a DAC/amp that doesn't output clean, artifact free sound.

I really have a feeling it might be your sources and not the DAC itself.

I don't get any artifacts with my unit with any of my sources.

Jan 29, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #390 of 862
I have the same problem with the iPad Pro, the PC and the iPhone (via Lightning USB Adapter)

The only conclusion I can draw from that is the Apple connection. I use Android and my laptop, no artifacts of any kind. With your PC it could be a noisy USB port perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back