1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hidizs Sonata HD DAC cable - new tiny and mighty DAC&AMP

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by IryxBRO, May 25, 2018.
First

Back
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Next

Last
  1. Mellowship
    If your developer options are activated, try resetting them and then try the sonata. Plug it in and fiddle with the usb options under the developer menu.
    If this doesn't work, I guess the mate 10 pro is not compatible with d mode...

Mnie88 likes this.
  2. Mnie88
    Yes, probably something with the phone not working with that specific firmware. Have send Hidizs a message, otherwise will downgrade firmware. Thanks for the help.

3. tacit
    There is another firmware lower on the page than A, C, D firmwares, called Hidizs Sonata HD DAC Cable_V2.0. Does anyone know what it is?

4. Lifted Andreas
    Yeah they're just the ASIO drivers.

5. tacit
    Thank you very much!

6. j0p3Y
    When I have a completely new Tempotec Sonata, I don't know what firmware it is on.
    Is it advised to install this ASIO-driver (V2) to be sure the device is on V2-driver software?
    And after that, another flash to install one of the A, C or D firmwares?

Or is it that firmware is overwritten completely every time you flash? So an immediate flash to A, C or D firmware is sufficiënt?

7. phiemon
    I have many problems with the Sonata:

– the sound pops-up if I change the volume level or track.
    – sometime the volume goes immediately high if I plug-in the Sonata.
    – sometime I have to plug-out and plug-in the Sonata again in order to make it work.

Is all that "normal"? I've the Firmware D.

8. RiflemanFirst
    I have encountered these issues as well. Also using the D firmware. I have returned mine for a replacement to see if it was defective and should have the new one tonight.

9. Lifted Andreas
    Just flash the firmware you want. The ASIO drivers are obsolete, and don't work very well anyways.

My Sonata HDII came with A firmware installed as default.

10. phiemon
    Please report back if the new one is good.

Anyway, that Sonata Cable sounds to me better than the NextDrive Spectra.

11. Hal Rockwell

12. RiflemanFirst
    The replacement arrived a few hours earlier than expected. Kudos to Amazon for that. Unfortunately the replacement unit behaves/sounds exactly the same as the first one. I'll probably just return the replacement for a refund. I bought it mostly for fun and to see what it is capable of. While it can drive all of my headphones with some headroom to spare, I have no use for a DAC/amp that doesn't output clean, artifact free sound.

13. Lifted Andreas
    I really have a feeling it might be your sources and not the DAC itself.

I don't get any artifacts with my unit with any of my sources.

peter123 likes this.
  14. phiemon
    I have the same problem with the iPad Pro, the PC and the iPhone (via Lightning USB Adapter)

15. Lifted Andreas
    The only conclusion I can draw from that is the Apple connection. I use Android and my laptop, no artifacts of any kind. With your PC it could be a noisy USB port perhaps?

First

Back
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Next

Last