1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hidizs Sonata HD DAC cable - new tiny and mighty DAC&AMP

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by IryxBRO, May 25, 2018.
First

Back
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Next

Last
  1. Lifted Andreas
    @man47

Hello, this is an English forum.

Please use Google translate if you need to.

2. man47

Sorry, it was a mistake

3. man47

I have the same problem. I contacted Hidizs two weeks ago and I still await an answer. I think my unit is defective

4. Mnie88
    Hello

I am having trouble updating the FW on my sonata. Anyone else experienced this?
    Trying to flash it to HD-D pure music:
    EPROM can't be written - USB drive not found.
    Though Windows do show both the usb connected and recognized as audio output "sonata HD".

Tried two pc's, multiple connections and both usb 2.0 and 3.0, with identical result.

5. Lifted Andreas
    Did you follow the instructions here? - https://www.hidizs.net/blogs/news/h...with-hi-res-sound-with-sonata-hd-dac-cable-ii

Specifically where it says:

How to easily flash the firmware to get the best audio for your devices :

1. Download the firmware SONATA _HD-D_Pure music and unzip it.

2. Connect the Sonata Cable HD DAC to your PC

3. Run SONATA _HD-D_Pure music.exe

4. Wait that it shows the VID and PID of your device then click on flash.

5. If it says that the device is not found after you clicked on flash, it means that the VID and PID of your device are wrong. Go to your device driver and go to properties, find your device information and you should be able to find the VID & PID. Enter them into the corresponding fields on the software and click on flash, it should restart the flashing process and will notify you when it’s done.

6. Now enjoy your HD audio music!
    Note: If you have just flashed to "D" mode - go to device properties and set the quality to max 24bit|192kHz. When connecting to Android smartphones, we recommend you to use the HibyMusic app to send the music to your Sonata HD DAC cable. The reason is that it will easily recognize the device and act similarly as Windows with Foobar2000 and Wasapi.

That should help. I had the same issue. :wink:

Semiramide and Mnie88 like this.
  6. Mnie88
    You sir! Thank you very much. 4th step was where I "went wrong" / missed.
    Now it is working in "HD" 24/192 on windows. Capable little thing.

7. civciv
    I have contacted them also on Facebook last Friday and still no answer.

They look like unwilling to refund. What kind of a company is this, I can't understand.

Today I have reported this fraud to my credit card issuer.

I will never ever buy any of Hidizs' products.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  8. SEalexis
    solutions to the high output impedance? (I've got 14 ohms iems)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  9. Negakinu
    Use less sensitive headphones or invest in an iFi IEMatch. Those two options seem to be the general concensus.

[​IMG]

Dobrescu George and phiemon like this.
  10. phiemon
    I can just recommend this with the Sonata!

11. kurcatovium
    Just a stupid question. Can I connect this to PC and use it with SHP9500 & V-Moda BoomPro combo with both audio and mic working in Windows? My onboard audio is pretty terrible...

12. Lifted Andreas
    No problem at all, glad I could help!

Enjoy the amazing sound this tiny DAC produces.

You must be the first person they're neglecting, I've not had any issues communicating with them via Facebook messenger.

They replied to me regarding the DAC chip question within a day or two.

It's an expensive solution though, considering Sonata is half the price of IEMatch.

Yes you can, when I first got the device I plugged it into my laptop out of the box and I had a Sonata HD microphone device show up. Keep in mind you won't be able to use the Pure Music firmware which means no 24bit/192khz setting. You have to stay on either firmware A or B.

13. nihontoman
    Hello friends, is this Hiss Issue plaguing both the I and II versions or is it only on the II version? There is this Tempotec Sonata HD, which just looks like the rebranded hidizs MK I and I'm willing to take the plunge, if it does not hiss

14. Lifted Andreas
    I'm not hearing any hiss with the HDII, don't know what kind of earphones you're planning to use it with but for this kind of price you might as well try it? It's not like you're spending $60 on a DAC or something lol

15. Negakinu
    I have the Tempotec, not the Hidizs, and mine is hissy with sensitive IEMs.

First

Back
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Next

Last