1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hidizs Sonata HD DAC cable - new tiny and mighty DAC&AMP

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by IryxBRO, May 25, 2018.
First

Back
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Next

Last
  1. ktks1
    Mine is a trial version of Poweramp (Build 816). I am aware of changing the sample rate in settings menu. But my question was "When I go to OpenSL ES Hi-Res Output and open USB DAC settings, the second section where Sample Rate is present shows Selected: 192kHz Actual: 44.1kHz.
    Isn't 44.1 kHz, the native sample rate? Also, is that the maximum my device supports irrespective of what we choose in the app? Sorry, too many questions since I'm a newbie into high-res audio :)

2. peter123
    Whats the source for that statement on the impedance?

Edit: my guess is also that the hiss comes from Android (which is notoriously bad for audio) as I, and many others, get no hiss with it.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  3. Negakinu
    Someone on the Head-Fi facebook page measured its output impedance with an oscilloscope. If Android is the problem, and you're not noticing any hiss, do you have any sensitive IEMs that you can try on it? For example, a pair that has less than 16ohm. If you play a Spotify track using that IEM, the hiss should be directly audible when you start playing a track. It's easy to notice when the track starts out quietly, like with a lot of classical music. If you don't notice this, could you tell me which version of android and which phone you're using?

4. peter123
    I'm using a Galaxy S8 on Android 8.0.0 and I do not hear any hiss with any of my IEM's (several of them are very sensitive).

Given how well the Sonata HD pair with multi BA IEM's without changing the sound I'm also sceptical about that measurement.

5. civciv
    I have ordered this DAC from Hidizs on 23 November and it has never arrived to me. They sent it to a wrong address and returned to them on 25 December. Since then, they have not refunded. I have contacted with Hidizs several times but they do not respond. Today I have reported this issue to my bank and opened a file.

Think twice, when you buy from Hidizs. Their CS is beyond terrible.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  6. Lifted Andreas
    Contact them on Facebook, they have always replied to me on there. I've had no issues with them being silent or whatever. Also, I've been following them for a while, you're the first person to complain about bad customer service. I hope you manage to get it sorted though.

7. phiemon
    I have the big problem with the Sonata that, if I connect it to the iPhone, iPad or PC… to any source, the volume gets from self to the highest level and I cannot lower it. Sometime it is also not recognized from the source. I have the Firmware_D. Any solution? I'm the only one with this issues?

8. Lifted Andreas
    Yes, I use it with my laptop primarily and I have to unplug and plug the Sonata in again after restarting because otherwise Windows doesn't detect the device. I think this is normal, the only AMP this doesn't happen with is the FiiO K1. This is just to do with how the Windows plug and play drivers work.

For volume you have to use your PC volume slider, it will be on full everytime you connect the device.

9. phiemon
    Thank for reply.

It is normal for this product but not in general since I never had such a problem with other dacs.

Another question: Would it be soundly better to higher the volume on the Sonata only, on the source (PC, Hi-Fi) only or on both, for example half-half?

10. civciv
    I have contacted them via email (hello@hidizs.net). They have always replied me 2-3 days later after my e-mails. Their last reply was on 9 January. I have sent 3 e-mails since then but no reply.
    I'll contact them via Facebook also. Hope they will solve my problem.

11. Lifted Andreas
    Weirdly it happens on my FiiO Q1ii and Sonata HD, but not FiiO K1. Pretty sure Windows is to blame for this.

Sonata doesn't have volume control, so you just use the source for that.

12. phiemon
    You're right, sorry!

13. Lifted Andreas
    I've only ever spoken to them via Facebook, and they've replied every time. Even when I asked them to confirm which DAC chip is used in the Sonata HD2.

Hope you manage to get a refund or get them to send you another to the right address. :)

14. j0p3Y
    Damn, I have a Sonata on the way to The Netherlands. Just because AartJan advised positively on it I was triggered, actually was thinking of buying the Shanling M0 to replace my xDuoo X3.... We will see how the Sonata fares with my Pocophone F1

15. man47
    [QUOTE = "JammingMano, post: 14707002, miembro: 507207"] Hola chicos,

Acabo de recibir mi Sonata II Cable ayer. DId el parpadeo del firmware, todo estuvo bien. Sin embargo, cuando se trata de reproducir música, ya sea en mi teléfono o en mi computadora portátil, siempre hay un silbido muy obvio. Reproduje algo de música descargada, o en YouTube, parece que siempre está ahí cada vez que se reproduce sonido y cuando no hay sonido, no hay silbido.

Otra cosa que también noté es que el enchufe del cable USB C estaba REALMENTE caliente después de usarlo por un tiempo, me pregunto si eso es normal.

No es un buen día para mí. : frunciendo el ceño2:[/CITAR]

Tengo el mismo problema. Me contacté con Hidizs hace dos semanas y todavía espero una respuesta. Creo que mi unidad está defectuosa

First

Back
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Next

Last