Hidizs Sonata HD DAC cable - new tiny and mighty DAC&AMP
Dec 10, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #226 of 862
I sometimes use the Sonata HD II on my Samsung S7 through the USB Audio Player pro application and it works reasonably well.
I found the Hidizs customer service very poor. Very slow sending and without information or reply to the emails.

Dec 10, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #227 of 862
I sometimes use the Sonata HD II on my Samsung S7 through the USB Audio Player pro application and it works reasonably well.
I found the Hidizs customer service very poor. Very slow sending and without information or reply to the emails.
I read many complaints about the follow-up of the shipments after their official website. Why did not they buy it on Amazon?

Dec 13, 2018 at 8:33 AM Post #229 of 862
Anyone interested , i am thinking of sell it..i have it only 1 month..i live in Europe so in 3-4 you will have it.

I was thinking of trying it.

Why did you decide to sell yours?

Dec 13, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #231 of 862
I have already the VE Odyssey and i want to buy Dragonfly red so i search to get money

Ah gotcha, well PM me and maybe we can work something out.

Dec 13, 2018 at 8:14 PM Post #232 of 862
Guys

The highs of Sonata are too annoying and piercing and fatigue... i have put them aside...i prefer Oddysey
It is true, the sound has quite high frequencies inflated, but I do not know if to the point of fatigue, that depends a lot on your preference and your ears.
I would say that if you listen to something that is high frequencies, in that situation I could get tired but when I listen to music I do not pay attention to a sound if not to the whole work of art that was made.

But I do not think it justifies the price for which I pay it if you look for it for the computer, for a smartphone I do not know, it seems much better than the Google dongle, it has much more power.

Dec 18, 2018 at 3:34 AM Post #235 of 862
Just to understand guys..
With D firmware.. Everything will be resampled to 192!? Including Tidal output

First, it won't always be re-sampled. If the native file is sampled at 192, it will play at that sample rate, providing the software allows it.
It all depends on the software you are using. I don't know if Tidal has a USB-DAC locking function with which it allows for the DAC to control the whole process of conversion (the bit-perfect mode). But for apps that do so, such as Hiby, in order to be sure the Sonata is using its abilities to convert to the sample rate it can reach, this mode must be activated and then some options must be chosen, such as allowing for the volume to be controlled by the app and not the smartphone OS, and choosing the sample rate as automatic or a given value. If the chosen given value is higher than the file's sample rate, the Sonata, I believe, will re-sample. If the file has a higher than 192 sample rate, or has a different format than those supported, such as DSD, the app must be able to convert and/or down-sample the file. If the file has a lower sample rate than the chosen one, it will be up-sampled. I, sincerely, don't like to up-sample because I don't believe (nor I can listen to differences) that up-sampling will have benefits. It will only include another step in the process... I don't see a point of up-sampling a red book file 44.1 to higher rates because there is no more information that can be extracted or revealed...
There are other apps that control the way a music app is pushing information through a DAC, but I don't have experience on those. Maybe other members do.

Dec 23, 2018 at 9:10 AM Post #238 of 862
Have been trying to use my new Tempotec Sonata for the past few days but, regardless of which Android phone I stick it into, it's quite noisy/hissy with my IEMs (AS10, ZS5, RE0, GR07). My Shanling M0, Xduoo X3, Clip Zip & regular HO of my smartphone don't sound hissy with these.

The hiss starts immediately when I press play on a Spotify song or Youtube video. When there's no sound, there's no hiss.

Phones I've tried using it with:

Xiaomi Mi Note 3 (Android Nougat, custom LineageOS rom)
Pocophone F1 (Android Oreo, Miui 8)
LG G5 (Android Nougat, stock)

Anyone else have this issue? Could a firmware update fix this?

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #240 of 862
i either play at my desk or on the wheel/seat so the console is always fairly close. I've got a PS4 slim so no optical out. Seeking a better/more elgant option than DS4 audio out or HP out from TV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back