Hidizs AP100 (DAP) Support Team - Now on Head-fi!
Feb 1, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #740 of 749
I tried bass boosting the EQ, and indeed to get to a similar 'thumping' level it was quite a bit beyond flat, so i would definitely agree the off EQ is anything but flat. However, I have set up some of my EQ slots that when toggling between off EQ and other EQ settings the difference isn't as large and in fact depending upon what the AP100 is connected to (Car stereo vs PFE 232 IEMs) the difference can feel quite small and subtle.
I have really only tinkered with my AP100 EQ settings to produce a pattern of 'Flat > Bass Boost > Less Bass than Flat > Repeat' so that at a touch of a button (the dedicated EQ Button) I can toggle different amounts of Bass (and treble as sometimes I fine the treble can be harsh sounding). But I haven't quite mastered this, I need to sit down and play around with it a bit more.

I feel as tho the EQ off is nicest, due to the soundstage, which I find amplified somewhat when using the second last SRC mode (24bit 176.4hz, my preferred mode).

This is definitely a versatile sounding DAP, with EIGHT custom presets (as you can adjust Rock, Jazz as well etc), 5 SRC modes which impacts the overall sound, there is a plethora of combinations sure to suit different genres, equipment and user preferences.

What i would say tho is that where our opinions will differ is down to what the AP100 is connected to. Ultimately I tweaked my AP100 to my PFE232's as this is what 80% of the time it's connected to, however when I unplug the AP100 from the PFE232's and use in my suped up car stereo via line out, the experience is different than what I get with the 232's. If I use a 'bass reduction' eq mode for example, it feels quite pronounced with the 232's yet through the car stereo not so much (and yes FYI the EQ still toggles correctly via line out). So basically whilst we might find certain things in common, you have a different set of ears, different music/files and equipment so we'll likely deviate in findings eventually.

What I genuinely like the most is that when I tweak the EQ with the AP100 it doesn't bring hiss into play (nor that 6db drop in volume that other DAPs do), The tweaks feel more solid and somewhat less 'artificial' than compared other DAPs I have played with. Cowon for example, whilst offering a great array of sound settings, they do introduce hiss and can often feel 'softwareish' as in artificial sounding. The AP100 DOES feel like a pocket hifi.
It will be available in next firmware
wink_face.gif
hello where can i find firmware on internet

Feb 6, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #742 of 749
Can't find the gain change for the sabj. Please help. Where is it located?

Feb 6, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #743 of 749
Mar 29, 2022 at 10:14 PM Post #746 of 749
Jun 12, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #747 of 749
I'm considering the Hidizs AP100 for my setup, but I've got a question about a pretty specific use case.

I understand that I can run this DAP as a USB DAC with my PC. The device has a coaxial output and a line output. I want to use both and switch between them. Can I do that? Plug in a line out and a coax out and switch on the fly?

Jun 12, 2023 at 4:30 PM Post #748 of 749
I'm considering the Hidizs AP100 for my setup, but I've got a question about a pretty specific use case.

I understand that I can run this DAP as a USB DAC with my PC. The device has a coaxial output and a line output. I want to use both and switch between them. Can I do that? Plug in a line out and a coax out and switch on the fly?
Is it still available? Also, there's newer DAPs now. The AP80 Pro and others available at very good prices. Many more features. The AP100 is a great dap (still have mine) but I don't think it still stacks up to the many other features, and better components and chipsets on the newer devices Hidizs offers, and maybe even the competition, and at very competitive prices.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #749 of 749
Is it still available? Also, there's newer DAPs now. The AP80 Pro and others available at very good prices. Many more features. The AP100 is a great dap (still have mine) but I don't think it still stacks up to the many other features, and better components and chipsets on the newer devices Hidizs offers, and maybe even the competition, and at very competitive prices.
It's no longer available new but I don't mind buying used hardware. I have had a look at newer hardware: it's got plenty of features, just not the kind I'm looking for.

This older device is still pretty good, and it appears to have all the features I currently require. I am not 100% sure it will work exactly how I want it to work, so I'm asking my questions here, hoping to hear from folks who might have tried to use the device the way I intend to use it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back