file.png

file.png

file.png

file.png

36957902_1845114565573828_5550138000395993088_o.jpg

Name: NT-8 (New Tears 8)
Type: Custom/Universal
Driver: 8 Balanced Amature drivers
(4way / 4 Bass, 1 mid, 1 treble, 2 upper treble)
Frequency Response: 10-19,500 Hz
Sensitivity: ~110dB(1kHz)
Impedance: ~16.5 ohm
Isolation: -26dB
Cable: KH3 (included)
Warranty: 1 year

Made in South-Korea

Official Website: www.hidition.co.kr

Hidition communication channel:
www.instagram.com/hidition

Reviews:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hidition-nt-8.23121/

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2018 at 5:47 AM Post #3 of 21
How's Hidition's customer service for foreigners nowadays?

Interested in hearing more about the NT-8, since I liked what I heard when I demoed the NT-6.

Jul 17, 2018 at 6:51 AM Post #4 of 21
How's Hidition's customer service for foreigners nowadays?

Interested in hearing more about the NT-8, since I liked what I heard when I demoed the NT-6.

Hidition, they signed distributors in Singapore and Taiwan.
They are going to reveal the distribution channels for the internationals very soon.
I believe you can try NT8 not only in South-Korea sooner or later.

Aug 26, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #5 of 21
Any news? Null-Audio in Singapore does not seem to have the NT-8 yet. NT-6 by far is the best CIEM I have/tried so far. I'm sure it's mostly personal preference but NT-6 is my reference iem. More expensive TOTL iems I tried just sound different but imo can't match the details NT-6 can render without sounding artificial.

I'm curious how the NT-8 can improve on NT-6. Adding more BA does not always mean improvement as far as my personal experience goes. If NT-8 improves on staging width and depth against NT-6 then I will surely get one. I already like how articulate NT-6's bass response is. If NT-8 adds a bitof thickness and more sub-bass rumble them it surely is a worthy upgrade from the legendary NT6.

Aug 27, 2018 at 12:39 AM Post #9 of 21
Very doable prices, thanks

Price in Korea is 1,672,000 KRW (~1500 USD).

For comparison, the NT6, NT6-Pro, and Viento-R are 1,188,000 KRW (~1066 USD), 1,232,000 KRW (~1105 USD), and 1,485,000 KRW (~1332 USD) respectively.

I strongly considered getting the NT8 for my custom IEM, but I couldn’t justify the price difference over a fixed-switch Viento model (891,000 KRW or ~799 USD).

One other thing to note is that the Viento-R and NT8 come with their new KH-3 cable instead of the older KH-2 one. Not the biggest fan of the old cable, which has a mind of its own and tries to curl up into a spring whenever it can.

Aug 27, 2018 at 3:27 AM Post #11 of 21
@BananaOoyoo Do you had a chance to try all their models?

Yes, at least briefly. My local store has everything except for the entry-level HF - which I was able to try quickly at the Hidition office.

However, I (and, from what I’ve seen, most others) strongly recommend the Hidition customs over the universal fit models. Even considering that I have some weirdly shaped ears, the fit on the universals was pretty awful, and my Viento customs sound much better than the universal display models, especially for the lower frequencies.

Aug 27, 2018 at 4:48 AM Post #12 of 21
Yes, at least briefly. My local store has everything except for the entry-level HF - which I was able to try quickly at the Hidition office.

However, I (and, from what I’ve seen, most others) strongly recommend the Hidition customs over the universal fit models. Even considering that I have some weirdly shaped ears, the fit on the universals was pretty awful, and my Viento customs sound much better than the universal display models, especially for the lower frequencies.

If you are planning to keep the iem, it’s recommended to go customs. Avoid the hassle of tip rolling ang inconsistent FR response due to seal issues.

I am hoping the NT8 is indeed an NT-6 improved, not an NT-6Pro or Viento.

Aug 27, 2018 at 5:05 AM Post #13 of 21
If you are planning to keep the iem, it’s recommended to go customs. Avoid the hassle of tip rolling ang inconsistent FR response due to seal issues.

I am hoping the NT8 is indeed an NT-6 improved, not an NT-6Pro or Viento.

Yeah, the biggest downside of customs is how it completely kills resale value - given the rather high reshelling cost of Hidition IEMs ($300+), I’ve seen used NT6/NT6-Pro sell in the $300-400 range.

I don’t see myself letting go of the Viento anytime soon, so not an issue for me! :wink:

Aug 28, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #14 of 21
Any news? Null-Audio in Singapore does not seem to have the NT-8 yet. NT-6 by far is the best CIEM I have/tried so far. I'm sure it's mostly personal preference but NT-6 is my reference iem. More expensive TOTL iems I tried just sound different but imo can't match the details NT-6 can render without sounding artificial.

I'm curious how the NT-8 can improve on NT-6. Adding more BA does not always mean improvement as far as my personal experience goes. If NT-8 improves on staging width and depth against NT-6 then I will surely get one. I already like how articulate NT-6's bass response is. If NT-8 adds a bitof thickness and more sub-bass rumble them it surely is a worthy upgrade from the legendary NT6.
If it does SE5U bass with NT6 mids and treble, it should be good. SE5U bass sounds like it has slowed down compared to what you expect of BA driver speed. Perhaps this is what is meant when people refer to dynamic driver visceral bass (that phase delay of the deep end).

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2018 at 1:22 AM Post #15 of 21
^ actually, imo there is not much to improve on NT-6 except a bit of bass body without sacrificing that detail/resolution. I am not saying they need to just boost the bass. Most bass boost tends to decrease detail resolution. I agree the mids and treble does not need to change. Sometimes touching something that is already good lead to a disaster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back