TOUR CLOSED - Hidition US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - NT6pro, NT6, and Viento >>> Starting May 2017
Mar 4, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #212 of 225
Sorry for not updating the tour board... I was suppose to ship kit to @hattrick15 but ended up shipping it to Barra. I heard a sound quality change in the NT6 pro and Barra instructed me to ship the kit to him.

So @hattrick15 Barra will be shipping the kit to you shortly if all checks out well.

Sorry for the delay but I don't want the remaining participants to be robbed of the full experience that the NT6 Pro has to offer.

Very Awesome monitors IMO.

Mar 15, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #213 of 225
Tour Update:
Hey Guys, sorry for the delay in the tour, but we got something lodged in one of the sound ports that created a performance drop and a channel imbalance. I was able to remove the blockage and return the SQ to normal so I will be shipping out to the next participant as soon as I have an address. - Bill

Mar 22, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #214 of 225
I received the kit yesterday evening. All looks to be in good shape (however there is only one pair of tips included). @Barra is that what was included?

I am leaving for travel on next week, so these will go out to the next person in line on March 27. I will be contacting them now for shipping info.

Mar 22, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #215 of 225
I received the kit yesterday evening. All looks to be in good shape (however there is only one pair of tips included). @Barra is that what was included?

I am leaving for travel on next week, so these will go out to the next person in line on March 27. I will be contacting them now for shipping info.
Bummer, I compacted the kit to a smaller shipping box for more economical shipping and missed a case containing the tips. I will ship them out to you tomorrow.

Mar 30, 2018 at 2:09 AM Post #216 of 225
Received the missing tips yesterday and they have been re-united with the rest of the gear. The kit was sent today via UPS to @briskly and will arrive on April 5. Tracking information has been shared with @briskly

Thanks @Barra for arranging the tour!

Apr 5, 2018 at 10:41 PM Post #218 of 225
Received the kit today. All three IEMs are here.
4 pairs of tips.
1 cleaning tool.
2 clamshell cases.
2 zip cases.

Is that everything?
One of the zip kits should have had a collection of tips.

Apr 6, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #220 of 225
@Barra if it's not too late I would like to be considered for the Hidition Tour. I agree to the terms and conditions.

Apr 8, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #221 of 225
Apr 15, 2018 at 12:02 AM Post #222 of 225
A bit late, but the kit is out to @iamstumper
Didn't get to spend much time with it, since I had managed to forget that I was on the tour and clear out time. I had a few hours with the Viento that I wouldn't have been able to otherwise, which still I think made it worth the while. NT6 and NT6 Pro seemed U-shaped and slightly bright and V-shaped and bright respectively. Not my flavor, but the midrange seemed even and smooth enough.

The Viento (switches off) gives off a sound I would relate to the Etymotic ER4SR. Some compare and contrast vs. the Ety 4SR:
  • Viento has a few dB more in the low end so that it doesn't roll off the bass, and a very slight boost to the bass overall. The Ety seems to have a bit of an upper bass-lower midrange hump in comparison.
  • Midrange is fairly similar. Seems aimed at diffuse-field, which is more energy around 2-4 kHz than what seems fashionable these days. I recall wanting to bump around 1kHz a couple dB, but I wasn't sure if I had liked it better.
  • Treble is fairly smooth. I might say Viento is brighter since it lacks the treble dip the Ety 4SR has, but without being treble tipped overall. YMMV significantly in this regard.
  • One really nice thing about the Viento is that it has some air to it. Not the ventilated earpieces, but that it has an unusually extended treble response, better than almost any other IEM I can think of. Flyback transformer noise (~15.7 kHz) is fairly easy to pick up here, as are other really high-frequency content.
Bundled cable was a little annoying. It kept curling itself into loops smaller than my own ear. Not a fan of the straight plug either.
Ventilation is a deal breaker in my case because I found a lot to like about Viento's sound. The isolation is nowhere near the Etys. Some of that would be the fault of the occlusion effect, which would be mitigated with a custom mold that allows for a second bend fit.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #223 of 225
All,

Kit received today (pictures below), and reached out to the next two recipients to send to next week.

20180419_125451.jpg 20180419_125431.jpg

Thanks!
Aaron

May 4, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #225 of 225
Tour kit received. Appears to be all here in good condition, except the Viento has little rough areas like the finish has been scratched off around the holes where you can adjust the crossover and the vents. Did anyone else notice that?

Kit received:

All three IEMs are here
4 pairs of tips
1 cleaning tool
1 Hidition NT6 case
1 Hidition NT6-Pro case
2 generic clamshell cases

@Barra and @HIDITION, Thank you for all your efforts to organize and make all these tours possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back