Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference?
Apr 19, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #76 of 992

Quote:
Finally, I've got NT-6 today!

Nozzle is silicon.

The sound is great.
Clear, extend, no artifacts! This sounds is very good for me. But this is my very initial impressions.

ETA was about one month.

Thank you very much average_joe!

Very nice!  I am very interested to know how the silicone nozzle is attached to the acrylic housing; can you take some closeup pictures and/or describe it?  Also, how do they sound 
biggrin.gif

Apr 19, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #77 of 992
Please refer to the following pictures.

You can see seam of acrylic and silicon.
But very smooth transition.

This is not so soft. This silicon is similar in hardness to polyurethane rubber.

Advantage of this way is that sound tube is not flex.
So, SQ is same as normal acrylic nozzle, I think.

Apr 19, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #78 of 992
Quote:

This is not so soft. This silicon is similar in hardness to polyurethane rubber. Advantage of this way is that sound tube is not flex.

Very cool. Sinocelt and I were talking about this being a possibility but we were concerned about its durability, as the silicone can potentially slide off if too much friction is applied. Do you find that it gives better isolation that other acrylic customs?

Apr 20, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #79 of 992

Quote:
Please refer to the following pictures.

You can see seam of acrylic and silicon.
But very smooth transition.

This is not so soft. This silicon is similar in hardness to polyurethane rubber.

Advantage of this way is that sound tube is not flex.
So, SQ is same as normal acrylic nozzle, I think.

Thanks for the additional photos.  I wonder if there is a special method for attaching the silicone to the shell (or is it vinyl like Westone?).

Quote:

Very cool. Sinocelt and I were talking about this being a possibility but we were concerned about its durability, as the silicone can potentially slide off if too much friction is applied. Do you find that it gives better isolation that other acrylic customs?

UE tried something like this and it didn't work out for them, and also Future Sonics offers silicone nozzles, but only warrants them for 3 months.  And I also recall discussing this topic with Sinocelt :wink:

Apr 20, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #80 of 992
I don't know how durable is this.

I think, this silicon is ShinEtsu KE-4898T or KE-42T (or other similar products) with primer-T for bonding.
Silicon rubber of prior to curing has very good adhesiveness to acrylic by using primer.
According to datasheet ( http://www.silicone.jp/e/catalog/pdf/rtv_e.pdf ) of silicon RTV rubber,
adhesion is 0.8MPa. This is enough value, I think.

They needs to be choice proper products and proper process of manufacture.

Apr 20, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #81 of 992
Good to hear about the properties, although the link isn't working for me (not that I would be able to read it!).  I am sure some company will get it right, and I hope that company is Hidition!  Westone did get it right with their vinyl tips, but that is a different material.

Apr 23, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #84 of 992
I also saw it! it look nice with the carbon.

michioga, is the silicone nozzle feels comfortable in your ear & is the isolation good?

Joe, the material description of the rubber is in english =)

Apr 23, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #85 of 992

Quote:
Joe,
Is this yours? NT6-Pro?
http://hidition.co.kr/files/attach/images/491/456/018/9f7ce9f78a1f8c90cd96fe6b4b518342.jpg

I believe so :wink:

Quote:

michioga, is the silicone nozzle feels comfortable in your ear & is the isolation good?

Joe, the material description of the rubber is in english =)

Yes, I glanced it over but haven't had time to really look at it.  The proof will be in the product!

Apr 24, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #86 of 992

Quote:

This nozzle feels very comfortable. But silicon feels to stick to skins. Of coerce, isolation is very good.

Quote:

I believe so :wink:

Good news! I'm looking forward to your precise and useful review!!

Good music!

Apr 24, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #87 of 992

Quote:
This nozzle feels very comfortable. But silicon feels to stick to skins. Of coerce, isolation is very good.

Good news! I'm looking forward to your precise and useful review!!

Good music!

Have you used any lubrication on the silicone?

Thank you, I am looking forward to the NT-6 pro.  
beerchug.gif

Apr 24, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #88 of 992

Quote:

Have you used any lubrication on the silicone?

Thank you, I am looking forward to the NT-6 pro.  
beerchug.gif

Joe, you are the real driver of top tier custom IEM's sales. I have already bought SE-5 and now awaiting for your review of NT-6 Pro to choose one of Nt-6 series models.

Apr 25, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #89 of 992

Quote:

Joe, you are the real driver of top tier custom IEM's sales. I have already bought SE-5 and now awaiting for your review of NT-6 Pro to choose one of Nt-6 series models.

Thanks, but all I do is try to describe what I hear and let people know how things compare.  It is the desire for the best sound that drives sales!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back