Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference?
Oct 17, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #976 of 992
I received my NT6 recently and noticed that it's not bright sounding like the universal version (which was quite bright, and I don't know why it is compared to the custom). So, if anybody demo'd only the universal, your impression isn't right, the custom version doesn't sound bright.

It does seem to get resolving if the source is right. For some reason NT6 outputs resolving sound out of the Chord Mojo. Just marvelous how quickly the NT6 responds with the Mojo.

These aren't easy to drive like my Andromeda. It takes a lot of volume to the level of full-sized headphone I have. I wonder if it's a new version as I can't recall if it was this hard to drive.

I forgot how much extreme noise isolation improves sound quality. Customs have such advantage.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018 at 10:59 PM Post #977 of 992
I received my NT6 recently and noticed that it's not bright sounding like the universal version (which was quite bright, and I don't know why it is compared to the custom). So, if anybody demo'd only the universal, your impression isn't right, the custom version doesn't sound bright.

It does seem to get resolving if the source is right. For some reason NT6 outputs resolving sound out of the Chord Mojo. Just marvelous how quickly the NT6 responds with the Mojo.

These aren't easy to drive like my Andromeda. It takes a lot of volume to the level of full-sized headphone I have. I wonder if it's a new version as I can't recall if it was this hard to drive.

I forgot how much extreme noise isolation improves sound quality. Customs have such advantage.

Congrats, customs can't be compared to universal version. Eartips in universal version plays a huge role that makes impressions unreliable and inconsistent.

When I demoed the NT6 I remember that I have to hold the earpieces both hands while gently pushing them into my ear canal to get the full sound of NT6/NT6PRO demo. If not they both sound bright and thin.

I think a lot of people got the wrong impressions from the demo and missing out on what the real NT6 sounds like. I believe isolation is key to get the best out of NT6.

Enjoy.

Oct 17, 2018 at 11:16 PM Post #978 of 992
Congrats, customs can't be compared to universal version. Eartips in universal version plays a huge role that makes impressions unreliable and inconsistent.

When I demoed the NT6 I remember that I have to hold the earpieces both hands while gently pushing them into my ear canal to get the full sound of NT6/NT6PRO demo. If not they both sound bright and thin.

I think a lot of people got the wrong impressions from the demo and missing out on what the real NT6 sounds like. I believe isolation is key to get the best out of NT6.

Enjoy.
I would also add, it's really not a warm sounding iem like Andromeda.

I wonder if their frequency response graph they provide is compensated as it doesn't have that Harman target like hump.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #979 of 992
I saw Crincle's FR of the custom. Harman neutral. I realize I prefer the Harman curve because all the iems I prefer in tonality are usually Harman targets.

This recording sounds tonally accurate.

640x640.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #980 of 992
even though Zeus XR takes all the cake and it's been months since i last listened to it , i have a huge love for my NT6

NT6 is to my Zeus XR , what Nick Foles is to Carson Wentz (to make an NFL analogy)

great , trustworthy ciem that will get its time , when the time is right (again)

Jul 15, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #981 of 992
Is this iem still as popular now? In this price range.. There are really so many choices nowadays.

I'm in the market for a new iem and have always been intrigued by hidition. I demoed the nt6 briefly a few weeks ago, and much preferred it over the nt6pro.

Is it possible to customize the nt6 with a 2.5mm balanced plug? Or do I have to go custom cable route?

Jul 15, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #982 of 992
I don't know about if it is still as popular or not, but I would like to find a good used one.
Since I was on the tour for the Hidition I have always wanted one.

Jul 15, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #983 of 992
I don't know about if it is still as popular or not, but I would like to find a good used one.
Since I was on the tour for the Hidition I have always wanted one.

thinking of selling my NT6 , it's custom version

if interested hit me up maybe we can work something out

Aug 27, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #984 of 992
so what cables do you like best with your NT-6 ?

Sep 1, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #985 of 992
I use the whiplash 8 wire hybrid silver-copper with mine.
NT-6 makes my favorite sound... even compared to the HD800S.
(With balanced stock cables, at least.)

Feb 10, 2021 at 3:58 AM Post #986 of 992
I use the whiplash 8 wire hybrid silver-copper with mine.
NT-6 makes my favorite sound... even compared to the HD800S.
(With balanced stock cables, at least.)

i use the same cable , and yeah NT6 rocks (especially when considering that i paid 700 euros for a custom one)

switched from my Zeus XR and NT6 really stands its ground...

Apr 27, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #987 of 992
so any NT6 owners around ? listened all day t my NT6 today , lovely ciem.

Jul 8, 2021 at 5:42 AM Post #988 of 992
5 years after buying NT6 , this still gets some listening time (not as much cause i also have Zeus XR)

for the money i spent on it though (700 euros) this is a terrific investment.....

Jul 18, 2021 at 5:44 AM Post #989 of 992
hey @Barra , which cable do you think pairs well with your NT6 ?

also how is NT6 compared to say something newer and more expensive like a18s ?

Sep 29, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #990 of 992
so i decided to switch the PW Audio 1960s 2-wire cable from my Zeus XR to NT6, and the combo is sublime

last 10 days , Zeus has been gathering dust and NT6 is just fantastic

best buy ever , 700 euros bought me one hell of a CIEM

Bravo Hidition !!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back