Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference?
Mar 2, 2017 at 4:34 AM Post #886 of 992
The hype is real guys. My earphones are done. Hidition asked me for my address and stuff earlier today.
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif

Mar 2, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #888 of 992
  The hype is real guys. My earphones are done. Hidition asked me for my address and stuff earlier today.
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif

get the whiplash hybrid v3 cable and you are done

congrats

Mar 2, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #889 of 992
Thank you guys :).
Do you know how much time it takes for the delivery ? Considering that I'm living in France (shouldn't be too different from the US I guess... ?)

Mar 2, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #890 of 992
  Thank you guys :).
Do you know how much time it takes for the delivery ? Considering that I'm living in France (shouldn't be too different from the US I guess... ?)

Korea to the US is usually around 5-7 days.  I've had stuff I've sent arrive in as few as 3 or as long as 10 though.  

Mar 4, 2017 at 4:20 AM Post #891 of 992
I have mentioned this before, anyone who likes NT-6 will more or less like the fitear 333 as well. In terms or clarity and detail resolution they can go toe to toe. Though I think it's still early I can already perceive distinct differences between the 2.

The 333 somewhat renders bass like a very good dynamic iem and not like I normally hear with BA iems. The decay is more similar to a dynamic driver than a BA. Cymbals also sound more natural with 333. There is a body around each hits and the reverberation seems more natural. The NT6 seems to have slower and shorter reverb and every cymbal hits sounds bit thinner or hollow.

Though the 333 may come as an in your face iem overall which may give an impression of a smaller stage. But the overall timbre seems natural to me. 

NT-6 though appears to sound more balanced while the 333 appears to have a slightly V or U shaped FR. I think from memory the NT6-Pro may have similar FR to 333 than 333 to NT-6. 

The 333 also seems to have a better isolation and the first CIEM I have that is very comfortable out of the box and and my ears doesn't need to adjust over time. It is much smaller than NT-6 obviously due to fewer components but the fit is perfect, I don' lose isolation or hear noticeable change in sound/performance when I open my mouth or move my head while listening. Fitears build is much more solid and the connector more robust. 

I Still enjoy listening to my NT-6 but if it breaks I have a peace of mind that I will not miss it as long as I still have the 333.

Mar 14, 2017 at 3:38 AM Post #892 of 992
Just noticed I have some damage to the filter on my right side... 
angry_face.gif
 Hoping this doesn't mean I need a full re-shell but it might.  

Mar 14, 2017 at 3:54 AM Post #893 of 992
  Just noticed I have some damage to the filter on my right side... 
angry_face.gif
 Hoping this doesn't mean I need a full re-shell but it might.  

What exactly is the filter you are referring to? is that inside the shell. If yes, then it probably needs a reshell. At CanJam SG, I demoed the NT-6Pro again and almost pulled the trigger. But then my recent experience is still fresh on my mind. So I instead went for a UEPro18+.

Mar 14, 2017 at 4:28 AM Post #894 of 992

What exactly is the filter you are referring to? is that inside the shell. If yes, then it probably needs a reshell. At CanJam SG, I demoed the NT-6Pro again and almost pulled the trigger. But then my recent experience is still fresh on my mind. So I instead went for a UEPro18+.

The little knowles damper a few mm down one of the tubes.   It looks to be easy enough to either widen the hole or pull out but I'm not going to attempt that while in warranty.

Mar 31, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #895 of 992
Good news guys, my new Hidition NT6pros are being mailed back to me tomorrow. Better news, we may have a US Hidition tour on our hands!!!!! Will let you know as soon as I hear what is in the tour kit, but assuming it is the NT6, NT6pro, and Viento demos, this should be an exciting tour on our hands to finally compare the pro vs. the non-pro as well as compare the Viento to see if we can get both in one package.

Apr 18, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #897 of 992
I'm looking to some advice so I have a little question to NT6 owners here.

There is a good deal in Sale/Trade forums for an NT6. Do you recomend getting one already reshelled (by a third party) and make another reshell? Or is better to save and go for a new NT6?

Thanks in advance.

Apr 19, 2017 at 3:49 AM Post #898 of 992
I assume you mean the ones done by customart?  I would send Piotr a message and see what the reshell price would be.  I think it looks like a good deal.  I am actually considering getting a reshell done by customart once I'm out of warranty too.

Apr 19, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #899 of 992
  I'm looking to some advice so I have a little question to NT6 owners here.

There is a good deal in Sale/Trade forums for an NT6. Do you recomend getting one already reshelled (by a third party) and make another reshell? Or is better to save and go for a new NT6?

Thanks in advance.

Just got a new NT6pro after the old one had a mishap. I can tell you that the signature has changed. I don't know the age of the NT6 one you are looking at and if this applies to the non-pros as well, but the newer pro has a much meatier bass than the old. While the mids and highs are still as transparent as hell allowing nice scalability, it may not scale as high as the older more transparent version. On the other hand, Hidition seems to be listening to the reviews talking about brightness as the brightness seems to have gone down a notch as well - not that i considered my old NT6pro bright - but still as resolute. So my new NT6pro vs. the old seems to be:
  1. Bigger Bass: Hits harder with a longer decay for a more natural sound. But may loose a little bass detail in the process, which is probably gained back in the treble.
  2. Less Bright: The bass enhancement lowers the focus on the treble while retaining resolution.
  3. Transparency: Transparency remains in mids and treble, but may be less in the lower sections.
  4. Fun: The new pro is more fun and works better with lessor sources.
  5. Scaling: Not tried yet, but the absolute transparency and bell-like clarity of the old pro was my guess on its ability to scale as high as it did. The new tuning may not scale as high, but I will find out.

So, both are great, but you can see that there may be differences in tuning between old and new. So which direction would you like to go?

Apr 19, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #900 of 992
  Just got a new NT6pro after the old one had a mishap. I can tell you that the signature has changed. I don't know the age of the NT6 one you are looking at and if this applies to the non-pros as well, but the newer pro has a much meatier bass than the old. While the mids and highs are still as transparent as hell allowing nice scalability, it may not scale as high as the older more transparent version. On the other hand, Hidition seems to be listening to the reviews talking about brightness as the brightness seems to have gone down a notch as well - not that i considered my old NT6pro bright - but still as resolute. So my new NT6pro vs. the old seems to be:
  1. Bigger Bass: Hits harder with a longer decay for a more natural sound. But may loose a little bass detail in the process, which is probably gained back in the treble.
  2. Less Bright: The bass enhancement lowers the focus on the treble while retaining resolution.
  3. Transparency: Transparency remains in mids and treble, but may be less in the lower sections.
  4. Fun: The new pro is more fun and works better with lessor sources.
  5. Scaling: Not tried yet, but the absolute transparency and bell-like clarity of the old pro was my guess on its ability to scale as high as it did. The new tuning may not scale as high, but I will find out.

So, both are great, but you can see that there may be differences in tuning between old and new. So which direction would you like to go?

I do think my NT-6 has changed a bit after it was repaired. But it's difficult to prove and verify for obvious reason. However, like you said the later batches seems to have been turned down a couple of notches in brightness. However, that's exactly what I like about NT-6 before, being bright yet not harsh. 

I still like my current NT-6 though, it does makes a good complement for my UE Pro 18+. My Fitear 333 seems to be at the same level of brightness as my original NT-6 as far as I can remember but it clearly is not the same as the original NT-6 I had. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back