Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference?
Jan 31, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #871 of 992
Also, I bought an Alo Audio Reference 8 iem cable. This is the most robust and the most solid built cable I can find. From high quality angled 2-pin connector, which also fit snugly and tight into NT-6 socket to the right angled plug which seems to insert securly into DX200's 2.5mm socket. When pushed all the way there is a click which tells me the connection is tight and secured. The wire splitter is also solid made of aluminum I think. Lastly the cable is soft and not prone to tangling. For an 8-conductor cable it looks thin.

The previous cable I used although have equally solid build the 2-ping connector is straight and a bit loose. I had the monitor fell off a couple of times. The straight plug seems to put stress too much on the DAP's socket when the cable gets caught into something. It's also an 8-conductor cable but noticeably thicker.

Hopefully, it helps to prolong my NT-6. When it goes out of warranty and break. It feels like it's good as gone.

I don't think that's how the connectors are supposed to be put in... for reference, this is how it's supposed to look like when attached.

Attaching the cables like that might affect the polarity or something like that. All I remember is that it changed how it sounded lol.

Anyways, please do attach them the right way and come back with your findings.

Jan 31, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #872 of 992
I don't think that's how the connectors are supposed to be put in... for reference, this is how it's supposed to look like when attached.

Attaching the cables like that might affect the polarity or something like that. All I remember is that it changed how it sounded lol.

Anyways, please do attach them the right way and come back with your findings.

I tried both ways actually, don't hear any difference. And I find this putting less stress on the NT-6 sockets. Makes it easier for me to take off the monitors out from my ear. when I tried the way you suggested the pins actually got pulled from the socket as I twist the monitors before pulling it out when taking if off.

Jan 31, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #873 of 992
when I tried the way you suggested the pins actually got pulled from the socket as I twist the monitors before pulling it out when taking if off.

Oic. That should not happen. They are designed to be worn in that way. It is likely that there is some tension below on the cable that catches it and prevents it from moving.

Everybody else uses it like that so I don't see how that could have happened.

Sound wise, if you're okay with the sound I guess that floats your boat. However, I am not sure what effects, if any, will be caused by reversing the pins.

Jan 31, 2017 at 8:46 PM Post #874 of 992
Oic. That should not happen. They are designed to be worn in that way. It is likely that there is some tension below on the cable that catches it and prevents it from moving.

Everybody else uses it like that so I don't see how that could have happened.

Sound wise, if you're okay with the sound I guess that floats your boat. However, I am not sure what effects, if any, will be caused by reversing the pins.

Yeah initially it looked goofy but after wearing it that way I realized that it's better to put the tension on the cable instead of the socket since I don't hear a difference reversing the socket. Never have since my first CIEM back when I had the JH16Pro.

Jan 31, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #875 of 992
Actually the NT6 pins are reverse polarity so putting it backwards in this case actually makes it right.  As long as they are the same on both sides it wouldn't cause any phase issues anyway.

Jan 31, 2017 at 10:12 PM Post #876 of 992
Yeah initially it looked goofy but after wearing it that way I realized that it's better to put the tension on the cable instead of the socket since I don't hear a difference reversing the socket. Never have since my first CIEM back when I had the JH16Pro.

Oic that's interesting... I've always known it to be done as how it should but I guess you could do it that way too.

Actually the NT6 pins are reverse polarity so putting it backwards in this case actually makes it right.  As long as they are the same on both sides it wouldn't cause any phase issues anyway.

Oh wow. That's something I've never heard of before...

Feb 9, 2017 at 2:45 AM Post #877 of 992
Hi,

I've sent ear impressions to hidition, and I've been waiting for 3 weeks for them to reply to my e-mails. That's the second pair of ear impressions I have sent since the first batch was not correctly done. They've received my impressions on 01/20 (20th of january) and since then nothing. I've read here and there that Hidition are not pros of communication but anyone have already experienced that ? I really am starting to think of canceling my order...

Thanks !

Feb 9, 2017 at 2:50 AM Post #878 of 992
  Hi,

I've sent ear impressions to hidition, and I've been waiting for 3 weeks for them to reply to my e-mails. That's the second pair of ear impressions I have sent since the first batch was not correctly done. They've received my impressions on 01/20 (20th of january) and since then nothing. I've read here and there that Hidition are not pros of communication but anyone have already experienced that ? I really am starting to think of canceling my order...

Thanks !

The main problem with Hidition is language, looks like the guy running the shop has difficulty with English. They seem to be quick and responsive if the email is written in Korean.

Another way to get there attention is to post/ start a thread on their own web forum.

Feb 9, 2017 at 2:56 AM Post #879 of 992
The main problem with Hidition is language, looks like the guy running the shop has difficulty with English. They seem to be quick and responsive if the email is written in Korean.

Another way to get there attention is to post/ start a thread on their own web forum.
Yep. And they are a bit slow as it is. @fishbone It tends to take 3-4 weeks after they get the impressions lately. Just be patient and it will be worth it. The only thing I've heard that competes with these to my ears is the HD800S. I do wish they had better support though, especially in English. Don't worry they won't just take your money and run, but I can understand how frustrating the lack of communication can be.

Feb 9, 2017 at 3:02 AM Post #880 of 992
Nt6 is a beast , the best (c)iem i have owned 6 years here

be patient, it's really worth it.

Feb 9, 2017 at 3:10 AM Post #881 of 992

Ok i will try, but with my first batch of ear impressions they were quick to tell me that my ear impressions were not good (max 2 or 3 days after they received them). I guess now it's ok but I just want them to tell me yes or no. I don't think that's a language problem since their english was fine the first time. I don't mind waiting more for these if they can answer properly. I've waited 11 months for my HeadAmp GS-X MK2 so I can be patient you know :).

+ I haven't paid anything yet. So I really doubt they're making them right now...

Feb 9, 2017 at 3:29 AM Post #882 of 992

Ok i will try, but with my first batch of ear impressions they were quick to tell me that my ear impressions were not good (max 2 or 3 days after they received them). I guess now it's ok but I just want them to tell me yes or no. I don't think that's a language problem since their english was fine the first time. I don't mind waiting more for these if they can answer properly. I've waited 11 months for my HeadAmp GS-X MK2 so I can be patient you know :).

+ I haven't paid anything yet. So I really doubt they're making them right now...

In that case it might be a good idea to post to their public bulletin board.  They might be waiting for payment or something.

Feb 9, 2017 at 4:36 AM Post #883 of 992
  In that case it might be a good idea to post to their public bulletin board.  They might be waiting for payment or something.

Ok thank you for the input WhiteKnite. I've posted something on their board. I hope they will see that !

EDIT : Ok i guess that was a good idea because 30 minutes to 1h after I posted on the board, I received an e-mail from hidition for the payment and the confirmation.
Thanks guys ! :)

Feb 9, 2017 at 5:49 AM Post #884 of 992

Ok thank you for the input WhiteKnite. I've posted something on their board. I hope they will see that !

EDIT : Ok i guess that was a good idea because 30 minutes to 1h after I posted on the board, I received an e-mail from hidition for the payment and the confirmation.
Thanks guys ! :)

Now the wait begins. Good luck, it will be worth it.

Feb 17, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #885 of 992
anyone  uses his NT6 with the sony wm1a ?

how is the synergy ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back