HIC SUNT LEONES.....RP010
Jun 27, 2005 at 4:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Romanee

Headphoneus Supremus
Nik has, of course, posted many notes about his beautiful Rudistor RP010 amp -- made for his Qualia phones.

I noticed that the amp now seems to be available for purchase from Rudi. Has anyone else acquired and experienced the RP010 amp? (basic search hasn't turned up any related posts yet...)

[size=large]Rudistor RP010 amp goes public[/size]

Jun 27, 2005 at 7:48 AM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
Not sure but I like the looks of all the rudi's...

this one is just pleasing to my eyes...

how one of these go for $5,500?

The little I know of this amp is that it was originally a one-of-a-kind made for Nik in italy ... to match his Qualia phones, and perfectly matched according to Nik.

I've just noticed that it's now available to the general public .. and looks very nice.

We'll see if anyone else posts more enlightening info.
orphsmile.gif

Jun 27, 2005 at 3:41 PM Post #4 of 12
I strongly suspect that it's nothing more than filling out the website with custom amps that "can" be produced (Rudi did the same thing with the Egmont Signature and Egmont Reference amps that he built for Nik).

It's not as though these amps are intended to be made in production quantities. More of a case where an artistan is showing his portfolio to let everyone know what he's capable of (IMO, of course).

Jun 27, 2005 at 3:53 PM Post #5 of 12
After my review in a Italian audio magazine, Rudi has built aroun 5 or 6 RP010 for Italy and Japan...

He needs 30-45 day to build one!

Best!
Nicola

Jun 27, 2005 at 3:56 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik
After my review in a Italian audio magazine, Rudi has built aroun 5 or 6 RP010 for Italy and Japan...

Best!
Nicola

Wow! Very impressive. Not that I need one... not that I need one... not that

Jun 28, 2005 at 1:54 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Wow! Very impressive. Not that I need one... not that I need one... not that

Impressive, indeed!

It will be very interesting to read what the new elite owners have experienced with their unique and elegant amps.

Jun 28, 2005 at 2:03 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik

Best!
Nicola

Hey dude, I know you use your Rp010 with mainly the Qualia but I know you tried it with an Rs-1 and others. Could you go into more detail how it performed with other headphones other than the Qualia 010.

Is it just voiced to a Qualia or does it perform equally as well with something like the Rs-1's?

Thanks.

Jun 28, 2005 at 2:55 AM Post #9 of 12
Mike, after speaking with Nik, and writing Rudi, the RP010 was pretty much designed to compliment the Qualia. The theory being that the 010's are too detailed to be used with a tube amp (Nik stated he heard a lot of noise from the tubes).
The RP31 and 33, are intended to be higher end amps for the better headphones, and are a lot more affordable, and attainable. I heard the RP33 with the CD3000's, R-10's and HD-600's.

Jun 28, 2005 at 3:02 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
Mike, after speaking with Nik, and writing Rudi, the RP010 was pretty much designed to compliment the Qualia. The theory being that the 010's are too detailed to be used with a tube amp (Nik stated he heard a lot of noise from the tubes).
The RP31 and 33, are intended to be higher end amps for the better headphones, and are a lot more affordable, and attainable. I heard the RP33 with the CD3000's, R-10's and HD-600's.

Thanks for the advice, Rangers dude. I wonder if Rudi will do one for a general all round headphone amp. That would be cool.

I have never tried the Qualia's with the Raptor or EMP a.e yet. Gonna give it a whirl for a laugh.

But I did like the Qualia's out of the modded Melos amp that was fun although that might be missing the point of the Qualia's.
rs1smile.gif

Jun 28, 2005 at 5:17 AM Post #11 of 12
Last weekend a few of us got together and tried 2 Qualia headphones (using various cables) with a Dynamight, Singlepower SDS XLR, Headroom Blockhead, and Gilmore Balanced Reference amps. You can read about it here.

Jun 28, 2005 at 6:43 AM Post #12 of 12
The RP010 is smply the best amp rudi has built. I never heard my RS1 or my HD 650 as with the RP010. As I said, you can switch the hi impedence or low impedence on the back of the amp.
The sound of the amp is very neutral.

Best!
Nicola

Users who are viewing this thread

Back