HibyMusic Android and iOS Music Player - Bit-perfect USB Output; Network and Dropbox Streaming
Sep 22, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #196 of 398
Every time my iphone indicates an ap update, I keep thinking is it Hibymusic?
I was happy to see that today, there was an update.

From what I understand, android users get more benefit - due to the build of android and not the the hiby ap itself.

My biggest disappointment was not getting album artwork on anything - unless it's the song playing and only then it's quite blurry.
On the latest update, it stated that album artwork could be updated via the internet. So far, I'm unable to enjoy this new feature.
Am I dong something wrong? If so, can someone tell me how to use this feature?

Also, I decided to scan music (mp3) files on my iphone. The ap crashes after about 2,000 songs and when accessing hibymusic, there are no music files (from my iphone) listed in the ap.
Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Sep 22, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #197 of 398
Every time my iphone indicates an ap update, I keep thinking is it Hibymusic?
I was happy to see that today, there was an update.

From what I understand, android users get more benefit - due to the build of android and not the the hiby ap itself.

My biggest disappointment was not getting album artwork on anything - unless it's the song playing and only then it's quite blurry.
On the latest update, it stated that album artwork could be updated via the internet. So far, I'm unable to enjoy this new feature.
Am I dong something wrong? If so, can someone tell me how to use this feature?

Also, I decided to scan music (mp3) files on my iphone. The ap crashes after about 2,000 songs and when accessing hibymusic, there are no music files (from my iphone) listed in the ap.
Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Yap, IOS version is behind Android.
New thing in this version is MSEB - is a combination of multiple algorithms based on parametric equalizer (PEQ) and sound field adjustments to create the most satisfying sound for you.
Until now only available on Android.

To get artwork - one menu choose Advanced - Then turn on Download album art...
But its better do do it yourself on computer.

No app crashes for me. Try to put music in Hiby`s folder.

Sep 22, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #198 of 398
Soon as I put MSEB on, there is just an instant veneer of reduced resolution on Andoid.
Best free software audio tuning app I've used is the Mobius one so far.

Sep 22, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #199 of 398
Thanks very much for the quick and informative reply. Hope you don't mind, but I have a few questions

Yap, IOS version is behind Android.
New thing in this version is MSEB - is a combination of multiple algorithms based on parametric equalizer (PEQ) and sound field adjustments to create the most satisfying sound for you.
Until now only available on Android.

MSEB in my opinion, is great! I have been using this on my R3 and never bother any longer with the equalizer option.

To get artwork - one menu choose Advanced - Then turn on Download album art...
But its better do do it yourself on computer.

I appreciate the above suggestion. I will change the settings.
You mentioned that it's better to do this on the computer? I'm not sure that I understand. The folders within my R3 are divided into artist/album and within each album folder, I have a jpg that has been renamed "cover." These show up on the R3, However, when these files are read from the Hiby ap, I'm only able to see the album art for the song that is currently playing. In other words, there's no album art when scrolling on the Hiby ap under the artist or album heading.

No app crashes for me. Try to put music in Hiby`s folder.

Thank you again for these suggestions. I'm a bit unclear about how I would transfer my music files on my iphone to the Hiby folder. Currently, I have done a music scan and have it set to "synchronous Ipiod music library." It seems to read the first two thousand, but then the ap will crash. Are you suggesting that I use wi-fi to move iphone music to the hiby ap folder?

Thanks again.

Sep 22, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #200 of 398
Thanks very much for the quick and informative reply. Hope you don't mind, but I have a few questions

You mentioned that it's better to do this on the computer? I'm not sure that I understand. The folders within my R3 are divided into artist/album and within each album folder, I have a jpg that has been renamed "cover." These show up on the R3, However, when these files are read from the Hiby ap, I'm only able to see the album art for the song that is currently playing. In other words, there's no album art when scrolling on the Hiby ap under the artist or album heading.

Thank you again for these suggestions. I'm a bit unclear about how I would transfer my music files on my iphone to the Hiby folder. Currently, I have done a music scan and have it set to "synchronous Ipiod music library." It seems to read the first two thousand, but then the ap will crash. Are you suggesting that I use wi-fi to move iphone music to the hiby ap folder?

Thanks again.

Its better/easier to tag your files on computer.
Use software like Mp3tag or MusicBee if using PC.
I think Hiby uses folder.jpg naming.

Hiby can read both device music library and own folder. To copy files to Hiby use file sharing option on iTunes.
https://www.wikihow.com/Enable-File-Sharing-on-iPhone#File-Sharing-with-iTunes_sub

Oct 24, 2019 at 1:12 AM Post #201 of 398
I've read through the above suggestions and still having major problems with my iphone and the hibymusic app.

ID tags are correct, album artwork is properly labeled. This all looks fine on the Hiby R3 unit and also looks fine on the default Iphone music player.
However... when I prompt Hibymusic app to scan my music with "synchonous Ipod Music Library" , the app will crash after 2,100 songs. These are the same songs that my iphone app can perfectly recognize and read.

What am I doing wrong here?

I will add that if I click "ok" and stop the scanning process before it exceeds 2,100 songs, the user interface looks great! However, I'm missing a good portion of my music. If I allow the scanning process to exceed 2,100 songs, the app crashes (I'm using the latest hibymusic update).

Any suggestions?

Nov 23, 2019 at 4:59 AM Post #202 of 398
Hi, I've just recently obtained a Tempotec Variations which I've got connected to a Mojo. I'm using my Sony Xperia 5 and HiBy Music app to control the Tempotec but most of the options in HiBy Music setting menu are grayed out. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I have a login which I thought would enable the options. Maybe it's to do with the sequence of connecting? Grateful for any advice. Ideally I want to ensure I'm getting proper bit-perfect transport from the Tempotec to the Mojo for DSD playback.

Nov 26, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #203 of 398
Hi, I've just recently obtained a Tempotec Variations which I've got connected to a Mojo. I'm using my Sony Xperia 5 and HiBy Music app to control the Tempotec but most of the options in HiBy Music setting menu are grayed out. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I have a login which I thought would enable the options. Maybe it's to do with the sequence of connecting? Grateful for any advice. Ideally I want to ensure I'm getting proper bit-perfect transport from the Tempotec to the Mojo for DSD playback.
Hi,

Sorry but you would need to set the greyed out settings on the device itself before initiating hibylink, if they are applicable to the device.

Cheers,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 30, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #204 of 398
I've read through the above suggestions and still having major problems with my iphone and the hibymusic app.

ID tags are correct, album artwork is properly labeled. This all looks fine on the Hiby R3 unit and also looks fine on the default Iphone music player.
However... when I prompt Hibymusic app to scan my music with "synchonous Ipod Music Library" , the app will crash after 2,100 songs. These are the same songs that my iphone app can perfectly recognize and read.

What am I doing wrong here?

I will add that if I click "ok" and stop the scanning process before it exceeds 2,100 songs, the user interface looks great! However, I'm missing a good portion of my music. If I allow the scanning process to exceed 2,100 songs, the app crashes (I'm using the latest hibymusic update).

Any suggestions?

I have an Iphone XR and the Hiby app crashes after having scanned some 8000 songs, and none appear after I reopen Hiby. If I interrupt the scan early enough before the crash then the scanned songs appear in Hiby. So, same issue,

On top, the MSEB nor EQ work on my iphone. Nothing happens when I hit the "on" switch in the Hiby app.

I hope this gets fixed soon. For now, useless app for me.

Nov 30, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #205 of 398
I have an Iphone XR and the Hiby app crashes after having scanned some 8000 songs, and none appear after I reopen Hiby. If I interrupt the scan early enough before the crash then the scanned songs appear in Hiby. So, same issue,

On top, the MSEB nor EQ work on my iphone. Nothing happens when I hit the "on" switch in the Hiby app.

I hope this gets fixed soon. For now, useless app for me.
Unfortunately MSEB or EQ would only work on music files copied into HiByMusic's own library, not the iTunes library.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dec 1, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #206 of 398
Unfortunately MSEB or EQ would only work on music files copied into HiByMusic's own library, not the iTunes library.

thanks. Yes, in that case it works (although some sliders just don't have an effect - eg the two vocal ones on tracks with Sarah Brightman singing).

Still, too bad it doesn't work with the itunes database on the phone.

Dec 1, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #207 of 398
thanks. Yes, in that case it works (although some sliders just don't have an effect - eg the two vocal ones on tracks with Sarah Brightman singing).

Still, too bad it doesn't work with the itunes database on the phone.
What's your range set to? Max range is -100 to +100, if there's no perceived effect at that range I need to talk with the devs about this...

Dec 3, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #208 of 398
What's your range set to? Max range is -100 to +100, if there's no perceived effect at that range I need to talk with the devs about this...
haaaa.

I have missed that icon for settings, thanks. After expanding the range, all works.

so now just the crashing when importing the itunes database. how are you guys getting on in that area? how can I help?

Dec 26, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #210 of 398
Hibymusic on Android Pixel4 phone.
Really like the sound from this app.
All of my stored music is CD albums ripped to 16/44.1 ALAC. Stored one album per folder.
When I select an album and start the first track Hibymusic plays through all of the album's tracks sequentially. But upon completion of the last track on the selected album, rather than stopping for me to make another selection, Hibymusic begins playing tracks from the next available album. Generally the next album in alphabetic order.
I only want played what I have selected then I want the app to stop. How to I accomplish this?

Thanks
David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back