HiBy WH2 pairing problems
Aug 20, 2021 at 7:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

dodap

100+ Head-Fier
Only two days after the shipping message for my HiBy WH2 Bluetooth IEMs they were here already. And they are working.
Sort of: Whatever I tried I manage only to connect to either left or right but not both. The very short manual did not help:
"Master-Slave switch function
Switching between single and dual earbuds
(D Place either earbud into the charging case during use. The
remaining earbud will continue functioning with no interruption.
(2) To continue using two earbuds. simply remove an earbud from
the charging case while one is in use."

Aug 20, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #2 of 25
I got mine today and the pairing was flawless. TBH I saw "HiBy WH2" as soon as I took one of the out (I think it was the left one), and tapped to pair, then took the other one out and clicked on Pair New Device and "HiBy WH2" was there again, tapped and (now memory is a bit blurry) I think it didn't work (possibly was the previous one still there), then a second one appeared in the list and tapped on it and it all worked fine.

Quite happy with the way they sound, still prefer the Sony WH-1000 Mark4 for their ANC, but these sound great!

Aug 20, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #3 of 25
I get two different "HiBy WH2" items on my list of available Bluetooth devices with different icons, see the foto (but on a second tablet both buds have the same icon, the first one). I can connect the first device, it is the left one. When I try it with the other device on the list I get the message "To use this device you need an app" then the pairing pop up shows, but it does not connect. When I touch the right one I get a bling sound as an answer or a swoosh sound.
When I followed the user guide on the second tablet and first take the left bud its gets connected and starts playing. When I then take out the other one too, it gets connected but this kills the connect to the left one and I have music only from the right one.

Attachments

• HiBy WH2.jpg
    HiBy WH2.jpg
    674 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 23, 2021 at 5:46 AM Post #4 of 25
I had posted my problem on the kickstarter page for the HiBy WH2 too and soon got a response from HiBy. Following their instructions I could indeed pair the earbud as a stereo pair.

Aug 23, 2021 at 10:25 AM Post #6 of 25
HiBy Music wrote:
"Please ensure the WH2's power is 30% remaining at least (1 power indicator light left), then try the following steps.
1. Put the earbuds into the battery case, triple tap both earbuds to reset the earbud settings.
2. Take both earbuds out of the battery case, triple tap both earbuds to enter pairing mode.
3. Wait a few seconds for the pairing completed. Then the Bluetooth list on your phone will search for the device and update automatically. You will see there is one "HiBy WH2" on the list instead of two.
4. Tap the "HiBy WH2" to connect."
"Here is a link of a brief demonstration video: https://youtu.be/aIt2LyBFKnk. The link will expire in 48 hours."

Aug 24, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #7 of 25
I have difficulties to get the LDAC codec working on my Samsung Tablets. I only get it on a Huawei P30 Pro (but not stable) but not on a Galaxy Tab S6 and not on a S5e, the buds always fall back to SBC in developper options. (My only remaining DAP, a Pioneer XDP-100R is to old for LDAC and gives me "only" aptX.)
Can I do something to get it working on the Samsungs?

Sep 10, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #8 of 25
Whatever I tried I manage only to connect to either left or right but not both.
My left earphone is irresponsive. No sound whatsoever.
Triple tap trick has solved the issue.
I've ordered the one with single dynamic driver but the bass is not enough for me. Does the equa make the sound any better?
What are the best eartips to use with the subj? The stock ones are not up to the point.
Does anybody know how to claim free lifetime Hiby Music membership provided by kickstarter (I guess)?

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2021 at 3:09 AM Post #9 of 25
I found the sound far better, especially bass, with alternative tips, for instance Symbio W.
But, then the charging box won't close anymore :frowning2:
For the moment, I use old tips I got with Unique Melody ME1, on which I shortened the "stem".
But we should better open a "WH2" thread :)

Besides, no connexion issues since I used the method described above.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #10 of 25
I am disappointed in WH2. Far from enough bass for me. I've tried the most popular eartips including Xelastek, Audio Final, Fitbit etc. to no avail.

Sep 13, 2021 at 12:14 AM Post #11 of 25
Besides the charging box problem, did you get a good seal with the tips you tried, and still not enough bass ?
I am satisfied, but only after tips rolling...

Sep 13, 2021 at 12:49 AM Post #13 of 25
Sep 13, 2021 at 12:51 AM Post #14 of 25
Besides the charging box problem, did you get a good seal with the tips you tried, and still not enough bass ?
I am a bass-head and using CA Honeydew at the moment. May be the difference is too much between these two,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back