HiBy W5 --> Now the W3 Bluetooth Receiver is Here with Better Buttons
May 1, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #241 of 267
Is the volume level on this adapter better than the BTR3? I have the FiiO and its just too weak with anything other than in-ear headphones. I currently use the Avantree AS70 which is much better in this regard, but doesn't support LDAC.

May 18, 2020 at 8:39 AM Post #242 of 267
UAT only can be delivered by HibyMusic APP. and UAT works on any Android mobile phone which can install the HibyMusic app.
How well does the app integrate with Tidal and Deezer? For example, inside my Andorid phone, may I stream Tidal to the app, which transmits the stream via Bluetooth UAT to an UAT compliant receiver?

May 22, 2020 at 8:03 AM Post #244 of 267
How well does the app integrate with Tidal and Deezer? For example, inside my Andorid phone, may I stream Tidal to the app, which transmits the stream via Bluetooth UAT to an UAT compliant receiver?
Unfortunately no integration there. UAT on the other hand is integrated into HiBy music players, e.g. R5 / R6(pro) / R3, such that you can use UAT while playing anything, including the official TIDAL app.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Aug 29, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #246 of 267
I just got a HiBy W3. It won't pair with 3 cell phones running on 3 different Android versions. In one of them the cell phone responds with "Wrong PIN or passkey. Try again?".

I have already deleted/reset the stored data and the cache for the system Bluetooth application, to no avail.

Sep 25, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #247 of 267
I just got a HiBy W3. It won't pair with 3 cell phones running on 3 different Android versions. In one of them the cell phone responds with "Wrong PIN or passkey. Try again?".

I have already deleted/reset the stored data and the cache for the system Bluetooth application, to no avail.

could you resolve the issue meanwhile ?

Oct 17, 2020 at 1:18 AM Post #249 of 267
How exactly do you get sound output when using the W3 as a dongle/amp with windows through the usb-c to usb cable ?

pressing 2 secs to turn it on, the detection was incredibly fast by windows

but there's no sound output - at all

also the led light signal (it's just flashing red for charging) could have been more clearer and different when being used in DAC/dongle mode

it's not reacting to the volume buttons on the w3 itself as well - volume isn't changed in windows.

Any input please ?

I want to make sure that all features are working - so far, the dongle/dac feature doesn't seem to be as easy to set up as expected

charging went well - at least.

Let's do this one after another ...

*edit*:

5 second button press for "power on" after plugging in the usb cables

it's a 5 second button press in all situations to power the device on it seems, contrary to 2 seconds from the manual and flyer

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2020 at 3:00 AM Post #250 of 267
- You may know music transmit via Bluetooth has certain lose, why we develop the UAT is trying our best to higher the transmission quality.
- What we count for the battery life is using the highest music quality, usually, the W5 can play up to 5 hours in most cases. As we said, “we want to provide the finest Hi-Fi experience”, that’s why we put the music quality as our first priority.

Can you guys *pretty please* fully translate the Hiby Blue app, including the Help screen (the included screenshot), the initial dialog, etc. to offer the option to switch between languages ?

Initial screen was Chinese - that's okay since your main market is China first, after all, but if you're also start to shipping to the rest of the world, it's a bit hard to know what we're tapping on when it's only Chinese :sweat_smile:

Initial pairing didn't go as smoothly, had to reset the pairing (volume up + volume down) and then connect from the phone

otherwise the pairing every attempt/time was rejected at first.

Also the speech was Chinese (which is natural, since it's coming from China, after all).

If it's Chinese though, can you please upload the speech samples or speech output to your homepage (for listening) to recognize *what* it is saying ?

Should make things a lot smoother for initial setup.

Speech language (output of the W3 when toggling it on, off, pairing, etc.) within the Hiby Blue app then can be switched to English :thumbsup:

Thank you

*edit*:

on that note: the initial NFC touch pairing attempt didn't work out since the device was rejected

but if the pairing state is reset immediately after powering on the device for the first time (volume up + volume down)

it might succeed easily (having read on amazon and other places that it was a bit difficult to initial set up the pairing).

After resetting the pairing on the W3 - it was quite easy though - just tapping on pairing on the phone and the connection was established.

Display of information, control, etc. then also was possible from Hiby Blue

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2020 at 3:29 AM Post #252 of 267
How do you set an audio quality other than LDAC and that it sticks ?

There's no option in the HibyBlue app ?

no matter what I set in developer settings under Android (AAC, aptx HD, etc.) - after powering the device on and looking at the details in the HibyBlue app it's always LDAC -_-

good audio quality is nice and all for short listening sessions and work outs - but for longer listening I'm afraid the battery won't last (after one album it was 10% down)

*edit*:

there are (depending on device) actual settings under Bluetooth -> Hiby W3/W5

where you can toggle LDAC

disabling that at least switches to aptx HD

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #255 of 267
I bought a hiby W3 to play with and made a short cable for my Denon D5200 purchase on Black Friday. I wanted to try UAT with my Galaxy S20, and it's a compromise when it works.

I see many others complain about stuttering or static. I had the same problems, UNTIL I locked my phone and turned off the screen. After that, UAT streamed smoothly at its highest setting from a reasonable distance. Unfortunately the W3 couldn't remotely control volume or change tracks at that point. That can only be done through the app, and the stuttering starts again.

Anyone with a DAP like the Hiby R3Pro, can you remotely control volume and tracks from the W3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back