Thanks yes

Jun 13, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #138 of 267
Initial test summary

Needs some time to figure out.
Needs the HiBy Blue app to configure Bluetooth codecs
Amp sounds good (as good as ES100)
Nice small size
Confusing button press patterns

Highest (1200kbps) UAT codec "192k" sounds a tiny bit better than ES100 at its best LDAC setting
Range of Bluetooth before stuttering = approx 10cm (that's not very far! I will continue to test)
Can't multi pair DAP & Phone so I can't receive phone calls
Poor range
No equaliser at (1200kbps) UAT codec

Conclusion:
UAT @ 1200kbps sounds great but I dont think this is the ES100 killer I had hoped for. Perhaps updates will improve it.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #139 of 267
Initial test summary

Needs some time to figure out.
Needs the HiBy Blue app to configure Bluetooth codecs
Amp sounds good (as good as ES100)
Nice small size
Confusing button press patterns

Highest (1200kbps) UAT codec "192k" sounds a tiny bit better than ES100 at its best LDAC setting
Range of Bluetooth before stuttering = approx 10cm (that's not very far! I will continue to test)
Can't multi pair DAP & Phone so I can't receive phone calls
Poor range
No equaliser at (1200kbps) UAT codec

Conclusion:
UAT @ 1200kbps sounds great but I dont think this is the ES100 killer I had hoped for. Perhaps updates will improve it.
Very similar to what I have experienced. Ultimately the W5 is nice but flawed, simple and modern but quirky.

I also have the ES100 on order from Drop, mostly for the balanced output.

Jun 13, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #140 of 267
Very similar to what I have experienced. Ultimately the W5 is nice but flawed, simple and modern but quirky.

I also have the ES100 on order from Drop, mostly for the balanced output.

The eq on it is amazing. Make sure you have the latest firmware (I had to get a computer tech chum to help me do it)

Jun 14, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #142 of 267
The case LEDs would light to indicate its own charge level, if it is charging the receiver.

Thanks for the confirmation. It seems there is some problem with my charger then. Because,even though it is fully charged (kept for charging for 12 hours), whenever I put the hiby w5 inside the charger (even if fully turned OFF), nothing happens! (no LED blink)

Finally, I tried charging the charger while the hiby w5 was inside, and then morning when I opened, finally w5 was up from 10% to 85% (still not fully charged). Does this mean that my device charger is defective, and I should get a replacement?
Anyone else has the same issue? (no amount of wiggling and trying to connect the w5 without also charging the charger, is leading to w5 being charged)

Jun 15, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #143 of 267
Thanks for the confirmation. It seems there is some problem with my charger then. Because,even though it is fully charged (kept for charging for 12 hours), whenever I put the hiby w5 inside the charger (even if fully turned OFF), nothing happens! (no LED blink)

Finally, I tried charging the charger while the hiby w5 was inside, and then morning when I opened, finally w5 was up from 10% to 85% (still not fully charged). Does this mean that my device charger is defective, and I should get a replacement?
Anyone else has the same issue? (no amount of wiggling and trying to connect the w5 without also charging the charger, is leading to w5 being charged)
Please contact service@hiby.com regarding this issue. I'll include a short translation you can quote to ease communication of the issue:
Capture.PNG

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 18, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #145 of 267
Hi, i only have my Hiby W5 for 3 days but i can´t figure it out how to setup UAT codec.

I use Hiby Music apk with my LG G7,-with best audio codec setup (LDAC and others) and W5 cant get better than LDAC codec. (on Hibby blue )
UAT codec option its off (cant select).

I get latest W5 firmware (updated) and latest Hiby Music Apk from Google Play Store.

Any help please????

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #146 of 267
You need the Hiby Blue app
Connect your W5 to that
Then I think you access the UAT settings by clicking the "about" tab (I found it by accident / experimentation)
Once you find it you can set the Kbps transmission rate up to the highest UAT 1,200

Jun 18, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #147 of 267
You need the Hiby Blue app
Connect your W5 to that
Then I think you access the UAT settings by clicking the "about" tab (I found it by accident / experimentation)
Once you find it you can set the Kbps transmission rate up to the highest UAT 1,200

I already use Hiby Blue and connect with W5. Thats ok
Then i search codec settings (right top of Hiby blue) , but I cant choose UAT code only Ldac or other codec.
I play from Hiby Music Player on my LG G7
=(

Jun 19, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #148 of 267
Jun 19, 2019 at 4:01 AM Post #149 of 267
Hi not sure if this is my first post but anyway
you have to enable Hiby UAT in the settings of the Hiby music app afaik.
Sadly I cannot get clean audio in UAT on my Note9, I get mostly jittering.

Edit: it seems this was indeed my first post... :)

Jun 21, 2019 at 3:51 AM Post #150 of 267
Just got the W5 today. Agreed with all the comments in this thread.
First I spent like half an hour to find where the touch button is and didn't realise the LED light IS the button, which is a bit daft cos you won't see the light when your finger is over it
Second the on/off of the device is very hard to control. It seems like it's always on. It took me a long time to shut down by doing a quick and then a long touch
Third the iOS does not work at all, even when the W5 HAS been connected to the iphone (mine is XS Max). It doesnt detect W5 at all in it's list of devices. Luckily I have an Android phone to pair and do the firmware upgrade

Having said all the above once I got it paired with the Sony "Gold Brick" and stream via LDAC the sound quality is really amazing on Just Ear Club sound model IEM. The clarity is the best I have experienced on any Blue Tooth transmission devices.

I have just upgraded the firmware on my Cayin N8 which has given support to UAT. Will see how it goes.For that price (HK$530 or US$68) I think it's a worthy purchase assuming it will perform better by future firmware upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back