HiBy RS8 flagship Darwin R2R Android DAP -- Class A -- news and impressions thread
Jan 15, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #1,652 of 3,395
Hi everyone

here is my impressions regarding the RS08

I owned many DAPs before this one such AK SP2000, WM1AM2,IBASSO 300 MAX , CAYIN N8II

I am analog guy : li listened mainly vinyl with my turntable and audionote valbe amplifier . I listen classical. Jazz and rock.

I have soundwriters in ears currently.

i used mainly with NOS on and DARWIN off

The words to describe the sound is natural , flow of music, organic still detail bit lots of coherency, you hear the music and tha t ‘s all. And it is the essential.

the difference between class A and class AB is subtle : class ab more energetic and detail , more natural timbre on class A and warm

the difference between nos on and off on sound on more presence , more texture treble may be more bright.

the interface is flaw less , and no hiss.

Down side : Heavy and the protective case doesn’t protect the back of the dap ,

So for me the best dap I listened with 300 MAX which is more dynamic.

i am going the receive the aroma jewel. I will see the synergy image.jpg

Jan 15, 2023 at 5:17 PM Post #1,654 of 3,395
Anyone has experience with European sellers? Having trouble finding sellers of the RS8. Italy here, but as long as it's European, i'm good for other countries

Jan 16, 2023 at 4:52 AM Post #1,659 of 3,395
Jan 16, 2023 at 5:04 AM Post #1,661 of 3,395
You are not mistaken, CH is not in the EU so... Maybe they sell it without VAT if it goes international? that should level the price
From the site, it says that VAT is not applied already. And the price seems aligned to that fact.
So, i think it'd be better to just have a nice holiday in switzerland and pick it up on the go!:o2smile:

Jan 16, 2023 at 5:16 AM Post #1,662 of 3,395
Hi everyone

here is my impressions regarding the RS08

I owned many DAPs before this one such AK SP2000, WM1AM2,IBASSO 300 MAX , CAYIN N8II

I am analog guy : li listened mainly vinyl with my turntable and audionote valbe amplifier . I listen classical. Jazz and rock.

I have soundwriters in ears currently.

i used mainly with NOS on and DARWIN off

The words to describe the sound is natural , flow of music, organic still detail bit lots of coherency, you hear the music and tha t ‘s all. And it is the essential.

the difference between class A and class AB is subtle : class ab more energetic and detail , more natural timbre on class A and warm

the difference between nos on and off on sound on more presence , more texture treble may be more bright.

the interface is flaw less , and no hiss.

Down side : Heavy and the protective case doesn’t protect the back of the dap ,

So for me the best dap I listened with 300 MAX which is more dynamic.

i am going the receive the aroma jewel. I will see the synergyimage.jpg
What a unicorn of an IEM. I miss Music Sanctuary. They were heading towards the right direction, I just don't know what went wrong.

Jan 16, 2023 at 6:23 AM Post #1,663 of 3,395
From the site, it says that VAT is not applied already. And the price seems aligned to that fact.
So, i think it'd be better to just have a nice holiday in switzerland and pick it up on the go!:o2smile:
Well i got mine from Hiby itself and the machine more or less puts my others to shame, that is to say, my main others are a powerfull one and a tube one so all have their place but still, wow RS8..

i do think VAT will be added if you buy it in CH, but who knows!

Jan 16, 2023 at 9:40 AM Post #1,664 of 3,395
Last edited:
Jan 16, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #1,665 of 3,395

Users who are viewing this thread

Back